SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-09, 11:33 AM   #1666
Sevrin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopo View Post
I'm back to SH4 and his fantastic new TMO 1.9 ( Thank you Ducimus) after a long time in SH3... and observed something strange that I'm sure you all already have resolved: why when the sub dive the crew are still on the deck watching for enemy (under water?)? Do I have to move them each time I dive or surface?

Thank you for helping me with this strangeness.
I'm playing with TMO 1.9 and RSRDC_TMO_ 502

Are you using [alt+tab] to get to the desktop fro any reason? This will cause some weirdness, including but not limited to:

Silent Running not activating, co2 levels not returning to normal while surfaced, bridge watch not leaving the bridge after dive, Rockin Robbins attacking the Japanese navy....
Old 11-23-09, 01:30 PM   #1667
Kirby_TFS
Mate

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default Dead Sailors

I reloaded the mission and the run silent started working, but I still have the dead sailors. Any idea on how to remove them from the sub?
Old 11-23-09, 03:20 PM   #1668
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default TMO keys - Rockin Robbins, where are you?

Contrary to Duciimus' suggestion, I loaded a mod call TMOkeys. Rockin Robbins has bragged about it. Does anyone have the chart of the keys? There is no readme with the mod that lays it out.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-09, 07:49 PM   #1669
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
Are you using [alt+tab] to get to the desktop fro any reason? This will cause some weirdness, including but not limited to:

Silent Running not activating, co2 levels not returning to normal while surfaced, bridge watch not leaving the bridge after dive, Rockin Robbins attacking the Japanese navy....
Also: Do not save when your sub is submerged, if you load such a savegame it can become unstable as well.

I encountered my second Q-Ship yesterday. I do not know if they were added by the TMO mod but they are very clever and dangerous

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-09, 11:05 PM   #1670
T.Von Hogan
Planesman

Downloads: 51

[quote=Radio;1208106]Also: Do not save when your sub is submerged, if you load such a savegame it can become unstable as well.

This ain't SH3, i've been thru the war several times and never encountered a problem from saving underwater and i've done it hundreds if not thousands of time.
T.Von Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 12:04 PM   #1671
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Only TMO 1.9 installed,

I swim with a large time compression and my watching officer reports a ship contact ...
The problem is that the time comprossion is not automatically reduced when contact and this contact is lost...

How can I resolve this? I do not swim my patrol with time compression 1x ...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 04:37 PM   #1672
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Default Deep Dive order?????

The old "Deep Dive" order is no longer there? (Was alt D or shift D before enabling you to take your chances against angry DD:s)

Any idea getting it back?

//OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 04:46 PM   #1673
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Von Hogan View Post
This ain't SH3, i've been thru the war several times and never encountered a problem from saving underwater and i've done it hundreds if not thousands of time.
Well I had sound issues and random reboots when doing this. In SH4.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 05:46 PM   #1674
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
The old "Deep Dive" order is no longer there? (Was alt D or shift D before enabling you to take your chances against angry DD:s)
i've assigned the deep dive command to one of
the planesmen (the other one surface) by clicking
on him. easy to remember and more interactive,
just takes a minute with s3d if you're interested.
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 05:55 PM   #1675
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO View Post

//OB
There is no more deep dive command, as it is no longer neccessary. You have a clickable 600 ft depth gauge in the Conning tower for all boats. Also, Balao and tench will go all the way to the bottom via the D key, or dive to their test depth with the crash dive command. This has been annotated in the documentation AND the FAQ. Just FYI.

As an aside, the functionaltiy that was the deep dive command, is now radar depth.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 06:14 PM   #1676
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
As an aside, the functionaltiy that was the deep dive command, is now radar depth.
i forgot i'm still running 1.7, but clicking the planesmen
for dive/surface is cool
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 06:39 PM   #1677
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
i forgot i'm still running 1.7, but clicking the planesmen
for dive/surface is cool
I agree, it is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I

Important note about depth controls.
The red line on your depth gauge denotes the submarines historical, tested safety depth. It does not indicate your crush depth. A number of boats in TM can go then what the 450 depth gauge allows. To
allow deeper dives you'll have to command the boat to set the dive planes to deep dive. Once you issue this command, the boat will not stop it's decent until it crushes from pressure, or until you issue the
command to maintain current depth. At which point the dive will cease, and the boat will continue on at
the depth you decided to maintain.
Old FAQ quote there. And If im not mistaken, i updated the PDF on that in 1.9 Not only that, but if im not mistaken, the depth control changes in 1.9 are also documented in:

- a changelog file in the support directory
- the release post for this version of the mod
- in the FAQ.

So I am at a loss as to how there is any confusion on that subject.
Old 11-25-09, 03:59 AM   #1678
walleye
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Default sinking mechanics

i am pretty sure i already know the answer to these but please, humor me:

did the stock sinking/damage mechanics make a comeback in 1.9? most merchies i encountered blew to bits after a single torpedo hit, broken in half and all that. quite a change after the slow agonizing deaths i was used to.

second, i seem to be detected by merchies even submerged, at night, sparingly using the scope. this happened while patrolling during the second half of 1944 in a narwhal. i DID use ahead full and standard during the approach and i seem to remember that merchants get hydrophones late in the war, though i don't know if that was a TMO or RFB thing. or it's possible i screwed up something during mod installs.
walleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 04:35 AM   #1679
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye View Post
i am pretty sure i already know the answer to these but please, humor me:

did the stock sinking/damage mechanics make a comeback in 1.9? most merchies i encountered blew to bits after a single torpedo hit, broken in half and all that. quite a change after the slow agonizing deaths i was used to
When i reworked the campaign files, i added some volitale cargo to some ships. For example, tankers leaving the dutch east indies towards the empire will be loaded with oil (conversely tankers heading from empire to the dutch east indies will not). Some outbound convoys from empire to outreaching areas may have an ammo ship or two.

Quote:
second, i seem to be detected by merchies even submerged, at night, sparingly using the scope. this happened while patrolling during the second half of 1944 in a narwhal. i DID use ahead full and standard during the approach and i seem to remember that merchants get hydrophones late in the war, though i don't know if that was a TMO or RFB thing. or it's possible i screwed up something during mod installs.
Probably hydrophone. Some JP merchants did have them. Stock game already did this for some ships, i elected to leave that as is.
Old 11-25-09, 04:48 AM   #1680
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default 1.9

Ducimus, it looks like you have anticipated most of the issues that people are raising. good for you, and good for us too. BTW, thanks for the tip on placing sailors on the deck guns. It does work. (The first time I needed to use it, unfortunatley, I realized my ship did not have a deck gun though!)

[I played some of the Dick O'Kane single missions in the Ace's single mission download pack, and in one of them, when you depart Pearl, the are remnants of sunken ships from Dec. 7, 1941, including one that is capsized, are scattered throughout the harbor. Nice touch!]
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote