Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-22, 11:14 AM   #91
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
A snap poll of Conservative Party members has shown Penny Mordaunt has the most support among card-carrying Tories.

The trade minister secured 27% support in the overnight poll of 879 Conservative members by YouGov.

Kemi Badenoch secured 15%, while Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss both secured 13%.

Tory party members will choose between two final candidates, selected by MPs, as part of the two-stage selection process.

YouGov also paired off candidates to simulate head-to-head contests - its analysis suggests Mordaunt would be the victor against any of the other seven contenders - among party members.
Tory Party members must really like the "Dommy Mommy" archetype.

Thatcher casts a looooong shadow.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 11:19 AM   #92
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Rishi Sunak leads the first ballot in the Conservative leadership race with 88 votes.

Penny Mordaunt gets 67 votes and Liz Truss secures 50 votes
Nadhim Zahawi and Jeremy Hunt fail to achieve the required 30 votes and exit the contest.

Kemi Badenoch, Suella Braverman and Tom Tugendhat are all also in the remaining six candidates going through to another vote tomorrow.

Johnson has taken MPs' questions during rowdy scenes in the Commons - he said he was "leaving with my head held high"

Labour's Sir Keir Starmer attacked tax and spending pledges set out by Tory leadership candidates, but Johnson said their commitments are "very good"

The government will table a confidence vote in itself - due next week - after blocking a Labour bid.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 03:04 PM   #93
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

It's all a load of ballots and sour grapes from Jeremy Hunt as usual, did major disaster Hunt seriously think that the country would allow that pillock to have another chance of destroying the NHS, not a chance you bleeding buffoon, and those Tory MPs knew that as well, goodbye Mr Hunt, good riddance and **** off into the night.

If it all goes to plan it will end up as a race between Sunak, Mordaunt and Truss, I can't see any of the other runners being Prime Minister material but stranger things have happened before. There's 43 votes available and maybe a few more up for grabs if some MPs decide to switch their allegiance, so it's not all over yet as the balloting will go into a second week.
Old 07-14-22, 05:23 AM   #94
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Liz Truss and Tom Tugendhat have been setting out their pitches to be the next Conservative leader and prime minister.

Truss, the foreign secretary, says she would be ready to be PM from day one, as her campaign tries to gain momentum.

Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak won the first round of the Tory leadership contest but Trade Minister Penny Mordaunt beat Truss to second place.

Lord Frost, the former chief Brexit negotiator, intervenes in the contest to say he has "grave reservations" about Mordaunt becoming the next PM

Sunak has been defending his credentials, saying his wealth doesn't mean he can't understand people's financial struggles.

Other candidates that remain in the contest are former Equalities Minister Kemi Badenoch and Attorney General Suella Braverman.

Tory MPs will vote again later today and the last-placed candidate will be eliminated.

Old 07-14-22, 05:27 AM   #95
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-14-22, 10:15 AM   #96
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rishi Sunak wins the second ballot in the Conservative leadership race with 101 votes.

Penny Mordaunt gets 83 votes and Liz Truss secures 64 votes.

Suella Braverman finished last in today’s vote has been eliminated from the contest.

Kemi Badenoch and Tom Tugendhat remain in contention.

Old 07-16-22, 06:49 PM   #97
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Rishi Sunak wins the second ballot in the Conservative leadership race with 101 votes.

Penny Mordaunt gets 83 votes and Liz Truss secures 64 votes.

Suella Braverman finished last in today’s vote has been eliminated from the contest.

Kemi Badenoch and Tom Tugendhat remain in contention.
And Penney will win, So say the Americans.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 07:37 AM   #98
Moonlight
Admiral

Tom Tugendhat
Another round of voting on Monday and I expect Tom to be given the boot, it doesn't matter what the hell he spouts on TV tonight as the one's who matter in the voting are not your ordinary people of the country but the Paid Up Tory Member Elite. That's enough to send shivers down your spine by the way, most of them will be extremely wealthy and it's these ****rs who will be selecting the next Prime Minister and not those useful idiots in Westminster.

Kemi Badenoch
She, just like Tom will face the firing squad on Tuesday, her loudmouthed Activist backers will almost certainly be her undoing and she needs to disassociate herself from them and fast. There's nothing much wrong with this lady but, and that's a big But, will the Tory Member Elite select this woman as the next leader of the Tory Party?, I'm going to say No and Tuesday's vote should confirm that. If those useful idiots in Westminster do put her through to the next round on Wednesday the Paid Up Members of the Tory party will be ready to put the knife in.

Penny Mordaunt
I wondered what all the nonsense about Trannies was all about so I looked on the truthful pulpit of the interweb, apparently she has a brother who is Gay and also supports Gay and Trans rights. Hmmmmm, if she can be so easily manipulated by someone from her own family then those sharks of the establishment will have her for breakfast. There's no point in Penny trying to backtrack now as her previous views are out in the wild, will this be a major setback for her?, I believe it could be, she has come across as a two faced bitch and that's not a good thing after all that bollocks with Boris Johnson. I still think it will be a Face Off between her and Rishi but HMS Penelope is in stormy waters.

Rishi and Liz
They were sat at the top table making decisions and backing and supporting all of Boris Johnsons screw ups, they knew what was going on in 10 Downing Street and didn't say anything about it. These two shouldn't even be in the running for the top job as they were already in the cabinet and shouldn't have been allowed to put their names forward for the job, the worst pair of Untrustworthy scumbags from all Five contestants.
Old 07-17-22, 08:01 AM   #99
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Penny Mordaunt and Tom Tugendhat have been on Sunday Morning with Sophie Raworth.

Both were quizzed on how they would pay for their plans for tax cuts - Mordaunt says she'd borrow to deal with "day to day costs"

Tugendhat emphasised his lack of attachment to Boris Johnson and said the prime minister's Partygate account was "more fictional than reality"

Mordaunt slams media "smears" about her record on gender self-identification for trans people.

She defends comments she made during the Brexit referendum, when she said Turkey was set to join the EU

Meanwhile, the government's climate tsar has warned about "lukewarm" attitudes to the net zero target during the contest so far.

This evening all five candidates will take part in a TV debate - the second in the contest - at 19:00 on ITV

Old 07-18-22, 06:08 AM   #100
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The next live TV Tory leadership debate has been cancelled, after host Sky News said Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss declined to take part.

The two contenders clashed repeatedly during a debate on Sunday over each other's economic plans and record in office.

It comes amid concerns in the Tory party about infighting in the contest.

The five remaining candidates face another round of voting among Tory MPs later to stay in the race.

It is understood that Foreign Secretary Liz Truss wants to focus on hustings sessions between fellow Conservative MPs.

A source close to frontrunner and ex-chancellor Mr Sunak said: "We are very happy to do more debates if we are lucky enough to get to the next stage."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62206727

Old 07-18-22, 10:37 AM   #101
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I suspect that Mr Johnson may remain in office...even after September...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 12:31 PM   #102
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I can assure you that isn't going to happen.

Old 07-19-22, 01:48 PM   #103
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Beginning to look like which of the two women will make it to the final round against Sunak.

Old 07-20-22, 05:25 AM   #104
Moonlight
Admiral

Everything has played out exactly as I expected it would do so far, it's the last vote tonight and it's between Rishi, Liz and Penny, I would say these three are a poor choice of Prime Minister from a poor set of Tory politicians.

Me thinks that the final two will be Rishi and Liz, not because those two are better than Penny but because of articles like this One, the damage they are doing to her cause must be tremendous.

Rishi Sunak, whose wife was a tax dodging bitch living in the UK under Nom Dom status tells me everything you need to know about this currant, he'll be a poor choice of Prime Minister but to the rich Tory Member Elite he's one of theirs and that's why he will become Prime Minister.
Old 07-20-22, 06:19 AM   #105
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Will there be any major changes in the politics and in the daily life of the British people if one of these 3 candidate take over ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote