Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-22, 12:21 PM   #76
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A vote of no confidence in the Government by Labour's Shadow leader should be tabled in the next couple of days if Starmer has the bottle to go for it, and that brings up a political crisis for the Tory party which they won't be able to avoid either. [...]
Main point is their united hate of the continent and their anti-EU stance as a founding member

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 09:36 AM   #77
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The UK government has urged judges to dismiss the Scottish government's request for a ruling on whether it has the power to hold indyref2.

The Scottish government has asked the Supreme Court to examine whether a referendum could be staged without formal consent from Westminster.

The UK government has now questioned whether the court should agree to hear the case.

And it said it was clear that Holyrood does not have the necessary powers.

The case was referred to the Supreme Court last month by Lord Advocate Dorothy Bain - the Scottish government's top law officer.

It followed First Minister Nicola Sturgeon setting out her route map to securing another referendum on independence, which she wants to hold on 19 October 2023. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-62138075

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 09:39 AM   #78
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Candidates vying to be Conservative Party leader - and the next PM - must secure nominations from at least 20 MPs by 18:00 BST to enter the contest.

Home Secretary Priti Patel thanks supporters but says she has decided not to stand in the race to replace Boris Johnson.

Meanwhile, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has pulled out and endorsed former chancellor Rishi Sunak, along with Deputy PM Dominic Raab.

Speaking at his campaign launch, Sunak pledged to cut taxes only when inflation is under control, in contrast to rivals.

Meanwhile, Johnson loyalists Jacob Rees-Mogg and Nadine Dorries have backed Liz Truss.

Ten candidates are competing to replace Johnson; Nadhim Zahawi, Sunak, Penny Mordaunt and Tugendhat are all said to have secured the necessary nominations.

Conservative MPs will begin voting on Wednesday, with the final two candidates selected before the end of next week. The winner will be announced on 5 September.

Old 07-12-22, 10:47 AM   #79
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-12-22, 11:40 AM   #80
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Conservative leadership candidate Rehman Chishti has withdrawn from the contest after being unable to "secure the necessary parliamentary backing".

Old 07-12-22, 12:01 PM   #81
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Add former Health Secretary Sajid Javid to the above.

Old 07-13-22, 12:05 AM   #82
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Add former Health Secretary Sajid Javid to the above.
The Democrat party in America has already picked the next PM. Let's see they will back the war in Ukraine till it's very end. First above all. No politician in the United States will tell the American people what we will get in return for the billions that they are sending to Ukraine and that's just the money.
Now all these weapons that we are sending must be replaced. So when this war is over will every citizen from the Allied Nato Nations that poured their money into their government's coffers for this war get anything in return? Hell i would at the very least want to receive an Authentic bloodied Russian belt buckle wouldn't you ? something to hand down to your grandchildren. A symbol of the power of Nato and Democracy and it will be a warning to any country that doesn't believe !

Well the the New World Order will be collecting a lot of belt buckles. Hell who knows one day in the future depending on the,Hive Mind your grandchildren will be the dead they take those belt buckles from. After all this Planet can't support everybody.

Last edited by Gorpet; 07-13-22 at 01:00 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 12:23 AM   #83
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Jim, go find Steed and see if he'll run for PM?
Old 07-13-22, 06:07 AM   #84
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Jim, go find Steed and see if he'll run for PM?
We've just got rid of one clown....isn't that enough for awhile now

Old 07-13-22, 06:07 AM   #85
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The candidates so far - and their odds from Betfair as of 6.20pm on Tuesday 12 July - are:

Rishi Sunak: 2/1
Kemi Badenoch: 13/1
Tom Tugendhat: 14/1
Nadim Zahawi: 50/1
Jeremy Hunt: 80/1
Suella Braverman: 87/1
Liz Truss: 7/2
Penny Mordaunt: 21/10

Old 07-13-22, 06:10 AM   #86
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

From what I've seen over this last week the Tory candidates are looking like a bunch of Ugly contestants in a Beauty competition, why does Rishi remind me of a 1970's used car salesman that makes my skin crawl every time I see him.

Rishi Sunak, Honesty.
His wife was recently Outed as a Non-Dom Tax Avoiding currant and Rishi knew about it as well, as the Chancellor of the Exchequer you need someone in charge of the country's finances who has a modicum of Honesty about them, well Rishi doesn't fit that bill.

Rish Sunak, Trust and Loyalty.
Boris must regret turning his back on Rishi because at the moment Boris needed him the most Rishi was plunging the knife of Betrayal into his back. Sunak's loyalty stretches to his wife and her money, if the common citizens think for one moment that this currant is going to help them out then they need taking to the nearest funny farm for re-education.

Rishi Sunak, Prime Minister.
Well, he has a great chance of being PM hasn't he?, no morals, ethics, trust or loyalty issues for the Tory Faithful as they don't believe in any of that bollocks, so it's full steam ahead Rishi, look after the Rich Corporations and they will look after you. Just make sure you follow the Tory Hierarchy's Agenda that's been ongoing for the last 12 years and they'll look after you, until it's your time to receive a knife in the back that is.

H'mmmm, if this pillock told me it was raining outside I would have to go and see for myself, as you've already guessed I'm not a fan of this Greasy Pig or any of the other contenders either but, someone has to win it, he has got as good a chance of becoming our next Greased Pig Prime Minister as any of the others.
Old 07-13-22, 06:38 AM   #87
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson is taking MPs' questions during rowdy scenes in the Commons - for the second-to-last time before he leaves his job.

Labour's Sir Keir Starmer attacks pledges to cut tax and spending by Conservative leadership candidates - but Johnson says their commitments so far are "very good"

The PM insists he is "leaving with my head held high" after being forced to resign last week.

Shortly after PMQs, Tory MPs will start voting to elect his successor (13:30 - 15:30) with eight candidates on the ballot paper.

Kemi Badenoch, Suella Braverman, Jeremy Hunt, Penny Mordaunt, Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Tom Tugendhat and Nadhim Zahawi are all in the running
Mordaunt launched her leadership campaign with a promise to return to traditional Conservative values earlier.

The result of the ballot is expected at about 17:00. Candidates need at least 30 votes to go through to the next round.

Old 07-13-22, 07:18 AM   #88
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile...the viewing figures for the Comedy Channel continue to surge.

'Shut up!' Furious Commons Speaker Hoyle KICKS OUT two MPs before Boris Johnson's PMQs

Old 07-13-22, 08:22 AM   #89
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^They're like a pack of unruly schoolchildren, the plonkers.

My Second and Final choice to be the New Tory leader is Penny Mordaunt.

Bloody Hell Penny, you're not bent enough to be the next Greased Pig Tory Prime Minister, go forth and create some bleeding mayhem for ****s sake or you'll never be the PM.
I've always wanted to give Penny one, (my vote you bleeding perverts, my vote) so I looked her up a bit, not up her skirt you morons but on the interweb, there's not much to be said about this candidate as she's almost as squeaky clean as a bleeding NUN, this won't do Penny, it won't do at all.

She hasn't got a Police record, she hasn't fiddled any of her family's taxes and she doesn't pretend to be Thatchers re-incarnation, bleeding hell Penny you're a boring bitch, what she needs to do is be a bit controversial but don't make a fool out of herself while having some of these mad moments, people love politicians who are unpredictable Penny, remember that.

I think Penny Mordaunt would be the safe bet to be PM if Rishi fails in his bid, but, and it's a big but, will the Tory Hierarchy go with a bleeding NUN as a Prime Minister. H'mmmm, I think this is a Tory leader election too soon for Penny, but maybe, just maybe, the Tory Party might benefit from having her as a leader as she doesn't appear to have any skeletons in her cupboard.

She won't have much opposition to beat as Starmer is too busy keeping up with the fruitcakes of the country instead of being a Labour leader with some bleeding gravitas about him, go get him Penny.
Old 07-13-22, 08:37 AM   #90
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A snap poll of Conservative Party members has shown Penny Mordaunt has the most support among card-carrying Tories.

The trade minister secured 27% support in the overnight poll of 879 Conservative members by YouGov.

Kemi Badenoch secured 15%, while Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss both secured 13%.

Tory party members will choose between two final candidates, selected by MPs, as part of the two-stage selection process.

YouGov also paired off candidates to simulate head-to-head contests - its analysis suggests Mordaunt would be the victor against any of the other seven contenders - among party members.