SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-24, 10:35 AM   #5806
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDinosuar01 View Post
i boot the game and it almost finishes loading and gives me a couple error codes, data/menu/gui/tdc/tdc_metric.tga, data/menu/skins/american/gui/layout/navigationtools.tga, data/menu/data/black80.tga, data/menu/data/awardsitems_4.dds then with a 3, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careertransfer/transferboard.dds, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careerstart/order.dds, data/menu/skins/american/gui/careerstart/objectives.dds, there is a new (not implemented) page <Page PlayerRank> ! , data/menu/skins/american/gui/player rank/left papers.dds. it keeps going for a while and im playing on steam with uboat installed and when i check the integrity of the files i am missing some files and it takes the mod off when i install them back and gives me the vanilla game. any help would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
First of all, download the mod again. Your installation lacks files...

Do not install your Steam games in C:/program files or C:/program files (x86)...Install the Steam app in C:/....or another unit if you have one.

Delete all the files of your previous installation, including those in .../my documents/SH4.

And try...Tell us if this works. You need to install de mod using JSGME.

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo
TheDinosuar01 - In addition to what fitzcarraldo said, you also have to have the correct version of SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, which would be v1.5 aka: Gold Edition. The "data/menu/data/black80.tga" error is common to having the wrong version. If you purchased your game from Steam, they have two, count 'em TWO versions of the game, and it almost sounds like you are starting the "v1.3" of the game Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific. You need to use their U-Boat Missions Add-On to have the full version of the game. If you already have that, then you have to mod and start that version, which makes their regular "Wolves of the Pacific" version into the "Gold Edition", or v1.5. Confusing? Yes... but it is either that, or use the Ubisoft UConnect version Silent Hunter 4: Gold Edition (US Store link). Steam is still milking the franchise for all it's worth...

In line with what fitzcarraldo said about your Steam install, refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 04:58 PM   #5807
TheDinosuar01
Nub

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

So i changed where my steam was so its not in a progam file just in the hard drive as its own folder and i get less error messages running it from the uboat version. There is a new (not implemented) page: <page chooseloadsave>, <page playerrank>! one for weapons and radars then i get menu id not found 0x6101000B! , menu id not found: 0x61080004! so i guess i cut down on about 3/4 my error messages
TheDinosuar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-24, 09:31 AM   #5808
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default On Upgrades

more experiences on boat upgrades.....

for the first time in a long, long time, the enemy trashed my boat during a mission. we limped home with 90% damage. the Admiral gave us the choice of shipping back to the states or taking a different boat. well, there is more to do, so we took the new boat....only it wasn't new. we had been driving a Tambor but the "new" boat was the Porpoise. how disappointing.
since all boats in my config of have the same upgrade class, i was wondering why SH4 selected a Porpoise as opposed to another boat.
so, i opened up Flotillas.upc file and looked at the list of Pearl Harbor boats however there was no logic to the selection of the Porpoise as a replacement.
the boat list is Porpoise, Tambor, Gar, ...

have to think about it more.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-24, 07:01 PM   #5809
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
more experiences on boat upgrades.....

for the first time in a long, long time, the enemy trashed my boat during a mission. we limped home with 90% damage. the Admiral gave us the choice of shipping back to the states or taking a different boat. well, there is more to do, so we took the new boat....only it wasn't new. we had been driving a Tambor but the "new" boat was the Porpoise. how disappointing.
since all boats in my config of have the same upgrade class, i was wondering why SH4 selected a Porpoise as opposed to another boat.
so, i opened up Flotillas.upc file and looked at the list of Pearl Harbor boats however there was no logic to the selection of the Porpoise as a replacement.
the boat list is Porpoise, Tambor, Gar, ...

have to think about it more.
... and there you have your answer... When given no choice as far as Upgrade Class goes, it uses the list from top to bottom...

Old 01-27-24, 07:03 PM   #5810
propbeanie

Quote:
So i changed where my steam was so its not in a progam file just in the hard drive as its own folder and i get less error messages running it from the uboat version. There is a new (not implemented) page: <page chooseloadsave>, <page playerrank>! one for weapons and radars then i get menu id not found 0x6101000B! , menu id not found: 0x61080004! so i guess i cut down on about 3/4 my error messages
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
TheDinosuar01 - In addition to what fitzcarraldo said, you also have to have the correct version of SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, which would be v1.5 aka: Gold Edition. The "data/menu/data/black80.tga" error is common to having the wrong version. If you purchased your game from Steam, they have two, count 'em TWO versions of the game, and it almost sounds like you are starting the "v1.3" of the game Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific. You need to use their U-Boat Missions Add-On to have the full version of the game. If you already have that, then you have to mod and start that version, which makes their regular "Wolves of the Pacific" version into the "Gold Edition", or v1.5. Confusing? Yes... but it is either that, or use the Ubisoft UConnect version Silent Hunter 4: Gold Edition (US Store link). Steam is still milking the franchise for all it's worth...

In line with what fitzcarraldo said about your Steam install, refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games
Check your version of the game. Right-click on the SH4.exe file, look on the "Details" tab, and about the middle of that is the version number.

Old 01-27-24, 10:07 PM   #5811
TheDinosuar01
Nub

it gives me 1.3 with the wolfpack version instaled
TheDinosuar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-24, 12:08 AM   #5812
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
... and there you have your answer... When given no choice as far as Upgrade Class goes, it uses the list from top to bottom...
interesting logic.

LAA enabled
Old 01-28-24, 03:18 AM   #5813
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

TheDinosuar01!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 07:40 AM   #5814
propbeanie

Quote:
it gives me 1.3 with the wolfpack version instaled
With your Steam "Wolves of the Pacific" version (the v1.3), you need to also use the "U-Boat Missions Add-On" from Steam. FotRSU will not run in any version of SH4 other than v1.5 (with the U-Boat Missions Add-On from Steam).

Old 02-01-24, 06:03 AM   #5815
Bonbon&Bacon
Nub

Downloads: 8

After eleven years of playing this game, I finally decided to install a mod.

Got jgsme up and running.
Got the right version of SH4 1.5
Got FotRSU
The game is running with the menu, I try the museum, but it crashes the game.
I try school and while the gun training does load I got the title Too EZ flickering while the game works in the background.
I return window, return to the game click anything and the game crashes.

It appears that I merde somewhere but where?
Also new here, but I new this place and I thank all the dedicated ppls who work for everyone to enjoy such a unique game.
Bonbon&Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 10:22 AM   #5816
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

Bonbon&Bacon!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 10:36 AM   #5817
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon&Bacon View Post
After eleven years of playing this game, I finally decided to install a mod.

Got jgsme up and running.
Got the right version of SH4 1.5
Got FotRSU
The game is running with the menu, I try the museum, but it crashes the game.
I try school and while the gun training does load I got the title Too EZ flickering while the game works in the background.
I return window, return to the game click anything and the game crashes.

It appears that I merde somewhere but where?
Also new here, but I new this place and I thank all the dedicated ppls who work for everyone to enjoy such a unique game.
Welcom to SubSim Bonbon&Bacon - great handle, btw... lol

You really do not supply enough info to easily help you, so we'll walk you through it all, just in case. In the mod's Support folder are several pdf files with SH4 installation tips, and FotRSU activation instructions. Look for "Install Notes For SH4.pdf" and "Activating Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" for massive quantities of verbosity... - but lots of help.
  1. The first step is proper SH4 installation, as far as modding the game goes. You must NOT be in a "Program Files" folder, including if using a stock Steam install, of which their "Library" folder is in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Wolves of the Pacific..." by default. Refer to that pdf above and/or Moving a Steam Installation and Games for the "Steam" way of doing it. With the Ubisoft download version, it used to be easy to copy and paste the game folder elsewhere. Hopefully, that still applies, but I have not attempted it myself in a while. If you have the disk version of the game, you MUST install the DirectX v9.0c files and the Codecs, as shown in that Install pdf.
  2. You would then unzip and activate the mod with JSGME, which you seem to be doing correctly. However, run JSGME.exe again, and click on the "Tasks..." link in the middle of the applet, then on "Export activated mods list to --->" and then "Clipboard" to copy the data to the Windows clipboard. You can then use the <Ctrl><V> keyboard combination to "paste" the text into your next post. Or you could choose "Text file" in JSGME, and then copy and paste that text in your post.
  3. Next up would be ensuring that the SH4.exe and FileManager.dll files are "write-enabled" for slight modifications. You can right-click on the files individually, or select them both and right-click, which brings up a context menu. On that first "General" tab in the bottom section "Attributes" is a "Read-only" tick box. Make certain that is "clear", no tick mark at all. "OK" your way out.
  4. Next up would be running either "4Gig Patch.exe" or "Large Address Aware.exe" (LAA). Which ever you run, you would 'target' the SH4.exe file, and set it to be able to address more than the usual amount of memory that Windows allows a 32-bit app. Read more about that in that 'Activation' pdf listed above.
  5. You then either have to delete the Save data folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4), or create a new one using MultiSH4.exe. You can use any 3-character name you want,using numbers or letters. The game needs "fresh" data in the Save folder, which if you empty it, allows the game to create a new one without any old data that would not get over-written.
  6. You then have to be certain that the Compatibility Properties of the SH4.exe file is properly set for your computer hardware, which might take some experimenting, depending upon your system. Right-click again on the SH4.exe file, and click on the "Compatibility" tab. On that tab, you might have to set the "Run this program in compatibility for:" and then use the drop-down box to choose. For my one computer I have to do this on, the "Win7 SP1 works. The other two computers don't need that. Then there is the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" tick box you might need to use. I have one 4k monitor, but run the game at 1920x1080 on it, and have to use that on that box. The other two do not. You probably do not need to use the "Run this program as an administrator", but some folks do. Almost without exception, on the Win10 and 11 machines, you will have to use the "Change high DPI settings" button. On the next screen, at the bottom, tick the "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." and click on "Application" in the drop-down box. Very very rarely, some users have had to use the "Program DPI" at the top of the page, and it might be necessary if you have a 4k monitor, and use Windows "Scaling" to make your icons on the desktop larger. If you need to do that, click on the tick box for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." and "Use the DPI that is set for my main display when..." drop-down box there, choose "I open this program". I seriously doubt you need that though. "OK" your way out again.
With all of that, you can then run the game, and choose Options, and then set things the way you want them. Exit the game, and then re-start it again, and you should have things good to go now. See if you can get into the 3D world now. Let us know how you get along!

Old 02-02-24, 04:18 AM   #5818
Bonbon&Bacon
Nub

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Welcom to SubSim Bonbon&Bacon - great handle, btw... lol

You really do not supply enough info to easily help you, so we'll walk you through it all, just in case. In the mod's Support folder are several pdf files with SH4 installation tips, and FotRSU activation instructions. Look for "Install Notes For SH4.pdf" and "Activating Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" for massive quantities of verbosity... - but lots of help.
  1. The first step is proper SH4 installation, as far as modding the game goes. You must NOT be in a "Program Files" folder, including if using a stock Steam install, of which their "Library" folder is in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Wolves of the Pacific..." by default. Refer to that pdf above and/or Moving a Steam Installation and Games for the "Steam" way of doing it. With the Ubisoft download version, it used to be easy to copy and paste the game folder elsewhere. Hopefully, that still applies, but I have not attempted it myself in a while. If you have the disk version of the game, you MUST install the DirectX v9.0c files and the Codecs, as shown in that Install pdf.
  2. You would then unzip and activate the mod with JSGME, which you seem to be doing correctly. However, run JSGME.exe again, and click on the "Tasks..." link in the middle of the applet, then on "Export activated mods list to --->" and then "Clipboard" to copy the data to the Windows clipboard. You can then use the <Ctrl><V> keyboard combination to "paste" the text into your next post. Or you could choose "Text file" in JSGME, and then copy and paste that text in your post.
  3. Next up would be ensuring that the SH4.exe and FileManager.dll files are "write-enabled" for slight modifications. You can right-click on the files individually, or select them both and right-click, which brings up a context menu. On that first "General" tab in the bottom section "Attributes" is a "Read-only" tick box. Make certain that is "clear", no tick mark at all. "OK" your way out.
  4. Next up would be running either "4Gig Patch.exe" or "Large Address Aware.exe" (LAA). Which ever you run, you would 'target' the SH4.exe file, and set it to be able to address more than the usual amount of memory that Windows allows a 32-bit app. Read more about that in that 'Activation' pdf listed above.
  5. You then either have to delete the Save data folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4), or create a new one using MultiSH4.exe. You can use any 3-character name you want,using numbers or letters. The game needs "fresh" data in the Save folder, which if you empty it, allows the game to create a new one without any old data that would not get over-written.
  6. You then have to be certain that the Compatibility Properties of the SH4.exe file is properly set for your computer hardware, which might take some experimenting, depending upon your system. Right-click again on the SH4.exe file, and click on the "Compatibility" tab. On that tab, you might have to set the "Run this program in compatibility for:" and then use the drop-down box to choose. For my one computer I have to do this on, the "Win7 SP1 works. The other two computers don't need that. Then there is the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" tick box you might need to use. I have one 4k monitor, but run the game at 1920x1080 on it, and have to use that on that box. The other two do not. You probably do not need to use the "Run this program as an administrator", but some folks do. Almost without exception, on the Win10 and 11 machines, you will have to use the "Change high DPI settings" button. On the next screen, at the bottom, tick the "Override high DPI scaling behavior..." and click on "Application" in the drop-down box. Very very rarely, some users have had to use the "Program DPI" at the top of the page, and it might be necessary if you have a 4k monitor, and use Windows "Scaling" to make your icons on the desktop larger. If you need to do that, click on the tick box for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." and "Use the DPI that is set for my main display when..." drop-down box there, choose "I open this program". I seriously doubt you need that though. "OK" your way out again.
With all of that, you can then run the game, and choose Options, and then set things the way you want them. Exit the game, and then re-start it again, and you should have things good to go now. See if you can get into the 3D world now. Let us know how you get along!

I've uninstalled the whole game and deleted the file from Steam.
I'll be trying again trying my best to follow your instruction.
Once I've been a nerd and understand all of that but now I ain't the brightest tool in the crayon box for those sorts of things.
But you have my thanks.
And thank you all for my welcome. :p
I'll keep you updated.
Bonbon&Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-24, 09:09 AM   #5819
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

Tell me how to solve the problem. There is no sound in the game when the submarine touches the anti-submarine network. The Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_ext file Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_int not work! You can't hear them in the game.

-------------------------------------

Подскажите как решить проблему. В игре когда субмарина касается противолодочной сети нет звука. Файл Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_ext , Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_int, не работают! В игре их не слышно.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-24, 08:07 PM   #5820
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Insert Palau Island 01 Mission

PB,

i spruced up (technical term) this mission by adding a photo objective.
i created a separate Map Zone on the other side of the island from the recon objective and inside the zone i placed a BB, a CA, and a DD, all of which have a DisappearanceDate=19451231.
The Photo Recon objective references the correct Map Zone.
The Photo Value is 10 and the Minimum Threshold is 1.
The BB has renown of 400, the CA is 220, and the DD is 100.
All three ships spawn and are visible.
So, theoretically, i could photo any of those ships and fulfill the objective but it is NOT WORKING.

what am i missing?

LAA enabled