SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-23, 01:02 AM   #4156
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Yay! My drivers license, suspended since my second 'night seizure' as it is a form of epilepsy, has been reactivated by the DMV in today's official letter! I can drive again. No doubt, my regimen of Kepra, Plavix & aspirin; and sleeping with a CPAP mask enabled my physician to reverse his original required notification to the state after no further incidents for 4 months!. Being stuck in the house for 4 months has been tough though; particularly for my wife who doesn't like driving and is accustomed to my doing all the errand trips. I did keep the batteries charged up on my 'wheels' during the crisis, so I'm off to smog the '05 Corolla for its yearly registration tomorrow. The up side: at least I didn't have to pay the outrageous $6.00 gallon price for ga$oline during the ordeal!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-23, 07:57 AM   #4157
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Repaired the Citroen today with a bit of maintenance, I am literally crawling on all fours now
"Made in Trance"
Again? It appears that is "the only thing you do" ..finger crossed this will be last mechanic you do.👍

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-23, 08:18 AM   #4158
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Repaired the Citroen today with a bit of maintenance, I am literally crawling on all fours now
"Made in Trance"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Thanks, guys - I'm now running a kind of decrepit collection and delivery service on my bike (just 1/2 hour from the mother in law's place now I've got my bike) - Moira tested positive this morning so it's a hat trick - I don't like loose ends
Quote:
My presence here is likely to be very patchy now that Covid has finally caught up with me - we'd been trying to do the right thing for our disabled son by getting him to his special social/educational group at the college but after having my car smashed from under me recently by some idiot, we've had to use public transport (a joke in Lincolnshire) and taxis - which has exposed us to even more risk

I feel fine, but if you read the literature then I'm one of those who should be considered half-dead already and in need of special care. Well I just walked five miles back home from the mother in law's place to avoid exposing anyone else to my diseased presence - and I didn't even feel the need for a sit-down when I got here. But a positive result is still positive, so we're not sure where we'll be living over the next week or so; the boy's got it, bless him, but Moira came up negative despite having all the symptoms (have to re-test her I think)
Get well fast 💪

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-23, 03:28 PM   #4159
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Default Happy Halloween

This morning I opened the front door to this - my neighbour grew this sucker in a growbag. She says she has 2 more if I want another one but it's bloody huge - I reckon I'm going to be eating soup for the next six months

Old 10-31-23, 04:28 PM   #4160
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

...and a pumkin pie! https://www.bhg.com/recipes/desserts...ke-pumkin-pie/

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-03-23, 12:05 PM   #4161
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Cloudy and overcast today but at the bottom of my garden two Dutch warships are seeking shelter.

HNLMS De Zeven Provinciën (F802) and HNLMS Van Amstel (F831)

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-23, 10:07 PM   #4162
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

...did they have a pilotus musgrovius?

Old 11-08-23, 01:16 PM   #4163
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

No, he's based at Teesside Freeport.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 11:03 AM   #4164
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Moira showed me an eyeball she just finished as part of the zombie bear, or 'zombear' she's crocheting (as she's calling it). I asked if it shouldn't be called an "undeaddy bear"
Old 11-13-23, 11:25 AM   #4165
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Moira showed me an eyeball she just finished as part of the zombie bear, or 'zombear' she's crocheting (as she's calling it). I asked if it shouldn't be called an "undeaddy bear"

I think perhaps calling it an " Undeady Teddy " might sound better.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-23, 11:31 AM   #4166
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon12 Nowthat I'm child-free? I'm an 'undaddy' bear!

Quote:
As the spouse of an inveterate knitter/crocheter in my own right, I know U can't bear to B without her!

Old 11-16-23, 08:48 AM   #4167
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Popped positive for the Corona, looking for suggestions for activities to occupy the time
Old 11-17-23, 12:03 AM   #4168
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

You could learn celestial navigation! I'll help!

But seriously, here's hoping it's a mild case and you get well soon! Please take care of yourself, get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and fed. And don't exert yourself if at all possible.

Best Wishes,
Sean
Old 11-17-23, 03:06 PM   #4169
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
You could learn celestial navigation! I'll help!

But seriously, here's hoping it's a mild case and you get well soon! Please take care of yourself, get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and fed. And don't exert yourself if at all possible.

Best Wishes,
Sean

Thanks for the well wishes!

Celestial Navigation, now that's a good one. I'm not positive I have a real world use for such a skill in the era of other air navigation techniques, but I'll do some reading (I have plenty of time)
Old 11-17-23, 04:21 PM   #4170
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

....I'm off to my daughter's Robert Lewis Stevenson Museum whiskey tasting to raise money for the museum. I'm the designated driver since I don't drink. It's the first tasting since the pandemic. Scottish writer RLS was fond of Talisker Whiskey and I'll at least be wearing my Talisker sweatshirt from my visit to that distillery on my last Scotland trip. The museum is along the Silverado Trail in the Napa Valley where RLS lived for a season and later penned one his famous works: The Silverado Squatters. Having devoured Kidnapped and Treasure Island (from which my sig is inspired), in my youth, I'll have to read that eventually...