SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-19, 05:17 AM   #1
Jackdaw
Watch

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 8
Icon9 The ME, the unknown being?

Maybe someone can help:

1) The current problem:

I can, if at all (he jerks and twitches) zoom in to a maximum scale of 0-2000 km.
I wrote a complex mission (122 kb). During long processing, there were no problems. After the first short trial it turned out that even small cosmetic changes are required.
The mission continues to run smoothly and can also be accessed and opened in the ME. All functions are so far normal. However, the editor goes crazy that a smooth zooming is not possible and then only up to 2000 km scale is possible. An edit is excluded. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

2) Similar difficulties in the past:
The reason that old or older missions suddenly stopped running and / or could no longer be opened in the ME was often that e.g. during the various changes of FotRS Ultimate 0 ..... 8 changes were made, which made it impossible for the game and the editor to play / show previous works. It would be nice if explicit reference were made to such changes; It would save a lot of laborious search and avoid frustration that some missions are no longer workable. In many cases the cause was found, e.g. in the change of Unit Types or Class Names. But despite rectification and probably freedom from errors, there were several results:

a) The mission reopened and worked in the ME and ran in the game - Juppiduh! [The rarest case!]
b) Both game and ME refused further cooperation.
c) The mission ran in the game but the ME crashed when called.
d) The mission runs (possibly) in the game and can also be called up via ME. The ME though shows only a white screen. Via e.g. Mission \ Triggers are data retrievable but not editable.

And now the variant described above in 1. I hope that someone can help here, as it is not much fun to be allowed to throw away extensive work again and again.

P.S .: The ME is fine. Works flawlessly with other missions. It uses clean version SH4, patch 1.4 with UBM and FotRS Ultimate 0.8 with two other small mods that do not matter for the problem and my own Commands.cfg.
Jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mission editor, zoom