SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-07, 10:19 AM   #16
Bera
Gunner

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo
I'm still trying to figure out how the SCX team got permission to mod the .dll files while DW's mod has been restricted:hmm:
They never did get the permission. Back then they just made it and SCS/EA didnt bother to make any legal waves.

EDIT : I'm currently looking into making a one file installer just like there is one for the LwAmi Mod including the JSGME tool. Since there is a lot of installing happening in both SCXII and SCXIIc I have to look through the whole installation process to get it to work with the Install Creator I use ... so far its looking promising.
With or without an installer, SCXII is great. You did a hell of a job. And I DO play SC a lot more than DW (ow, that Akula skin....)! Tks guys, a very nice work indeed.
Bera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 12:00 PM   #17
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Ok the SCX IIc installer is done.

From the ReadMe at the beginning of the installer :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadMe
This installer combines the SCX II and SCX IIc packages as well as the ESM Fix so you dont have to install either of them again.

Furthermore all changes for the SCU are done as well, so all you have to do is select your Submarine of choice - don't try to use the InstallPlayableSub.exe again - you don't have to. Same goes for the batch files which are still in some of the directories ... simply ignore them.

The only optional thing you can do is use the SC SoundEdit Tool (which is included in this installer) and add the buoy sound which is mentioned in one of the ReadMe's.

After installing the SCX Package there is no going back to Stock SubCommand unless you deinstall and install it again. There is no JSGME Tool or other such thing included in this installer.

Big Thanks to the SCX Team - you guys did a great job. I just put a new wrapping on the gift package.

Cheers
Thorsten "OneShot" Bergmann
The installer weights about 44MB which is actually 5MB less then all the other packages together.

P.S. : Anybody who wants to host this package or actually wants it - please contact me by IM or EMail.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 04:22 PM   #18
Linton
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Oneshot ,you have done a massive favour to the entire subsim community.I am sure that Bill will host this mod.I am going to pm Neal and ask that he recognises your efforts.Will you email it to Bill as he has told me he is prepared to host it.

Last edited by Linton; 02-17-07 at 06:31 AM.
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 01:28 PM   #19
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

On my site now!

Kudos to Oneshot