SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-22, 06:54 AM   #31
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Please give me a feeddback, if something doesn't work correct.
Instead of the ladder in CR room, because I know about this grafic bug and try to find a solution.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 05:17 AM   #32
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Hello,

I have recently entered the world of modding and I'm still trying to figure out how to create a good compilation.
I am using your mod and I still probably have to discover all the features but it is fantastic and I thank you for the excellent work done. If you want some humble feedback, I can tell you that:

- the interior lights are very bright and in fact you feel the need to use other mods to darken the interior lighting of the submarine
- the periscope view is very cool but those thick black bars at the top and bottom make it difficult to accurately understand the bearing. Honestly it's something that drives me a little crazy
- the illumination of the navigation map is definitely a little gem but - especially at night - it makes it a bit difficult to see the lines and signs drawn with the tools
- also, even if I don't know if it's just my problem, there seems to be some oddity with the tdc: if you manually update the AoB without having spoken to the officer by setting the AoB from his menu, whenever you update the range with the stadimiter the AoB resets and returns to zero : (
Plus, if you use TWoS Ship Auto Recognition, the mast height is not automatically sent to the tdc (which instead happened on Wolves of steel vanilla)

I take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions:

I read somewhere that your mod changes a little bit in the keys compared to the standard of wolves of steel and since I also use (the very good) "Stormys DBSM collection SH5 v1.3 for TWoS" which also changes the keyboard layout, I wanted to ask what are these new keys assigned by your mod? Could they conflict with other mods that reassign keys? One thing I noticed is that TAB now opens the navigation map, as well as enlarging the tactical map as per standard.
I also wanted to ask if you know how to make it work assigning the bearing of the TDC to a contact followed by the hydrophone. I see that there's a button for that but it doesn't work (at least for me).

Thank you again for the mod and for your attention. I have been using TWoS for many years and am fond of it; new dedicated content for this version of the game is always highly appreciated
Lupo Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 09:06 AM   #33
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo Cattivo View Post
Hello,

I have recently entered the world of modding and I'm still trying to figure out how to create a good compilation.
I am using your mod and I still probably have to discover all the features but it is fantastic and I thank you for the excellent work done. If you want some humble feedback, I can tell you that:

- the interior lights are very bright and in fact you feel the need to use other mods to darken the interior lighting of the submarine
- the periscope view is very cool but those thick black bars at the top and bottom make it difficult to accurately understand the bearing. Honestly it's something that drives me a little crazy
- the illumination of the navigation map is definitely a little gem but - especially at night - it makes it a bit difficult to see the lines and signs drawn with the tools
- also, even if I don't know if it's just my problem, there seems to be some oddity with the tdc: if you manually update the AoB without having spoken to the officer by setting the AoB from his menu, whenever you update the range with the stadimiter the AoB resets and returns to zero : (
Plus, if you use TWoS Ship Auto Recognition, the mast height is not automatically sent to the tdc (which instead happened on Wolves of steel vanilla)

I take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions:

I read somewhere that your mod changes a little bit in the keys compared to the standard of wolves of steel and since I also use (the very good) "Stormys DBSM collection SH5 v1.3 for TWoS" which also changes the keyboard layout, I wanted to ask what are these new keys assigned by your mod? Could they conflict with other mods that reassign keys? One thing I noticed is that TAB now opens the navigation map, as well as enlarging the tactical map as per standard.
I also wanted to ask if you know how to make it work assigning the bearing of the TDC to a contact followed by the hydrophone. I see that there's a button for that but it doesn't work (at least for me).

Thank you again for the mod and for your attention. I have been using TWoS for many years and am fond of it; new dedicated content for this version of the game is always highly appreciated
Hi Lupo Cattivo,

first of all, thx for your feedback!

1. interior lights
As far as the brightness of the interior lighting is concerned, I have adjusted it to my taste and I do not currently intend to create another, darker version. But maybe my opinion will change in the future.

2. periscope and OBS view
I'll create an add-on, where you have the choice between this one and one with thin bars like you allready have in the middle of the view.

3. illumination of the navigation
Since I changed the colors of the navigation map tools using the TDW GenericPatcher, I am not aware of this.
But hey, the difficulty factor also increases a bit.

4. TDC, AoB and TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
Regarding the TDC, I did not change the functions, just the graphics. So I can't say where this problem with the Stadimiter and the AoB comes from.
Since I have included some other mods in my mod, the problem with the Stadimiter, the AoB and also the adoption of the mast height could probably come from there. The issue must be in "Page layout.ini" but this one was only changed with "Kriegsmarine Compass v1.3 for TWoS" by U-190.
I would have to test that but this will needs time.

Edit:
Stadimiter and AoB with manuelly TDC works for me without any issues but I can confirm, that sending of the mast height from from recognition manual doesn't work.

Now to your questions.

1. changed key settings
Yes, the keyboard layout I used is minimal. I only changed the key bindings for back and machine stop. (see the pictures) I have also adapted the help page for the German keyboard. To be on the safe side, you activate "Stormys DBSM Collection SH5 v1.3 for TWoS" after GSE.

GSE layout

TWoS layout

TWoS shift layout

2. TAB key open navigation map
I have to test the TAB key, but that shouldn't be the case and you can see and check by yourself the key setup with SH Keymapper. Here you can the the setup für the TAP and M key:

M key:

TAB key:

Edit:
I checked the the TAB key this one doesn't open the navigation map. If I push the TAB key than first nothing happens. Only if I allready have the navigation map open and push TAB key twice, than navigation map closed. And If I have TAI map activated (not open, just activated) the TAB key opne TAI and change ther size to min, middle and max.

3. hydrophone follow a contact
I haven't changed anything on the hydrophone and it should still be possible to follow a contact like it works in TWoS standard. It should actually still work as usual and is shown here in the videos, for example: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=208473 But I'll test it anyway.

Edit:
follow a contactby hydrophoneworks without any issue

Last edited by GrenSo; 07-08-22 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-08-22, 11:08 AM   #34
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

New version v1.2 is finished and ready for download. Updated first post.

- new textures for TRA room of VIIA, B, C and C41

- alternative periscope and OBS view as add-on

periscop:

OBS:

Last edited by GrenSo; 07-08-22 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-08-22, 11:32 AM   #35
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

Thanks for the articulate answer and even more for the upgrade of the mod to this new version! <3
Old 07-09-22, 10:13 AM   #36
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

All looks very nice in the mod, love the colors and textures, but I have the "out of sectors" camera issue, using external camera, as occurs when you use the food addon in TWoS.

I see you added food, cans, etc, to the interiors; that is great, but I´m thinking if these are the cause of the problem. In TWoS, you can use the food addon only without external cameras active.

Working very well with TWoS 2.2.24 WITHOUT external cameras active.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-22, 10:20 AM   #37
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
All looks very nice in the mod, love the colors and textures, but I have the "out of sectors" camera issue, using external camera, as occurs when you use the food addon in TWoS.

I see you added food, cans, etc, to the interiors; that is great, but I´m thinking if these are the cause of the problem. In TWoS, you can use the food addon only without external cameras active.

Working very well with TWoS 2.2.24 WITHOUT external cameras active.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

Hi Fitzcarraldo,

do you mean with food addon the "TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks"? If yes, that I can say, that I do not have any issue with external camera, because I allready use this one too.

What other mods have you activated and in what order?
But I will test the external camera in the next days.

Last edited by GrenSo; 07-09-22 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-17-22, 08:41 AM   #38
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

To user1953
I see you are quite new here however this is not the way we do things here on Subsim, politness and courtesy costs nothing, instead of making thief acceusations why not put it something like this "did you use any mods of U190 to create yours" GrenSo states that he did not and even if he did I am sure he would have asked permission and given a credit to U-190.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 08:45 AM   #39
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Peter! THEBERBSTER!!! Good to "see" you, ole bean!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 03:12 AM   #40
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Looking good! Seems you are making fine progress.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 04:09 AM   #41
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

Hello,

I would like to ask one thing (I'm sorry to bother again on the periscope view):

I noticed that the centiradians scale on the periscope reticle is distorted compared to the "orange" one that appears if we use the RAOBF filter. Assuming that the correct one is the TWoS orange one, would it be possible to adjust the centiradians scales by making them match?

I could be wrong but it seems to me that using the "clean" scale without the RAOBF filter results in wrong measurements. Have you also encountered this same misalignment?
Old 07-18-22, 06:04 AM   #42
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Hello,

I would like to ask one thing (I'm sorry to bother again on the periscope view):

I noticed that the centiradians scale on the periscope reticle is distorted compared to the "orange" one that appears if we use the RAOBF filter. Assuming that the correct one is the TWoS orange one, would it be possible to adjust the centiradians scales by making them match?

I could be wrong but it seems to me that using the "clean" scale without the RAOBF filter results in wrong measurements. Have you also encountered this same misalignment?
Can you please show me this with an example.

And about the point with the distorted scale on the periscope view, what exactly do you mean with it? Is the scale not exactly the same as OBS (distances between the marks) or do you have the real ingame view distorted or blurred?

Old 07-18-22, 01:59 PM   #43
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

You're right, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry for the photo at night but I hope the problem is still evident.

Old 07-19-22, 12:41 AM   #44
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
You're right, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry for the photo at night but I hope the problem is still evident.

I have to check it, but I don't think, that I changed anything in the view and scale of RAOB. But like I say, I have to check it first before I can say anything about it.

Since I don't have much time at the moment and I'm also in the process of set up my new PC, I can't promise that I can check it it this week.

Old 07-19-22, 05:33 AM   #45
Lupo Cattivo
Swabbie

Hi,

there's nothing wrong in the scale of RAOFB. The problem is just that the centiradian scale on the ( left and bottom ) side of the reticle is
incorrect and is not in scale with what is reported by the RAOFB. The misalignment is extremely noticeable, look this new - more clear - image:

the blue lines are projections of the centiradian scale of the RAOFB. The bottom part of the image has been fixed by me, the top part not yet.
Just to give an idea of ​​the extent of the error, think that the 10th line should be on the blue line below it! Basically almost an entire unit of misalignment.

I'm trying to fix it myself but I'm not very good :S

I would like to emphasize that I do not want to bother but just give some feedback on the issues found

Congratulations on your new pc!