SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-15, 04:34 PM   #181
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Icon8

AVG Warhawk,
sometimes i think some People are blind. Can't you see what this implies ? Just of all the US americans who boast with 'freedom', accept just of all THAT ?
You have looked for a small or used car? Or heaven forbid, for a credit ?

Good luck getting money lent, they know all of you and your financial capablities,
Data being compared and handed over between Google, eBay, Amazon, credit institutes
All being logged from your payback Habits to your personal(!) interests and general user habits (metadata), like "when does he surf the web? In the forenoon? Doen't he have a Job?! Sorry, no credit for you. And sorry, no Job for you, wen can see from your hobby and personal opinions we read you do not fit in here.

And this does not even include your political or sexual preferences, all being logged, compared and aligned.

You have no idea what they can do with all that, they can virtually destroy you, and if they decide this for whatever reason (and maybe wrong conclusions) you can do nothing against it. Next drone for you, and bye bye. No court, no defence.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-15, 07:29 PM   #182
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Hmmm.... much to think about.
Old 08-18-15, 07:41 PM   #183
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I separate Google and their data mining from Microsoft's in that Google is upfront about how they collect information and why. They do give you options that are calculated to allow you to do what you want and shut off their data mining, even to the point of assuming a new identity. Google has not strong-armed hardware companies into making their hardware restrict access to other operating systems or not to dual boot with competing operating systems. A Google menu is straightforward, while Microsoft menus are for the purpose of making it difficult to do what you want to do to the point of intimidation. (Whoever heard of having to select the browser you don't want, Edge, in order to bring up the choice screen to pick Firefox. That's just perverse)

Google provides services that people want and need while Microsoft insists in telling you what you will want and need, against your will if possible. Microsoft is malware, in that it uses social engineering to induce you to be the virus that harms your machine and yourself. They can't even honestly do a simple thing like bringing the start menu back. First they pretended that all we wanted was the start BUTTON. Then they pretended that the ugly refugee from the Lego factory whose initial 18 tiles have 11 trying to induce you to buy something is a start menu. Do they think we're that stupid? According to many posts in this thread, they do and they're right. <irony> Apparently since data mining is happening we should locate the biggest, most egregious, dishonest data miner on the planet and just jump in bed with it. Probably should download some keyloggers, fake antiviruses and fake firewalls (like Comodo) while we're at it, huh? Heck, they're easy to install so they must be all right! What's the worst that could happen?</irony>

Even Facebook operates in good faith far better than Microsoft, who thinks people must be tricked into doing what they want. I think that's reprehensible in a once great company.

And Neal, I think the imperial presidency is something to be feared, no matter who occupies the office. We're right back to when LBJ personally picked bombing targets in Vietnam. The other two branches better rein in the office of President or we're in for some big trouble.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 08-18-15 at 07:54 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 05:28 AM   #184
Catfish

^ you do not really think, that any republican president would have had not ordered drone strikes and wiretapping ?

Old 08-19-15, 06:00 AM   #185
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Hmmm.... much to think about.
Not me
Simple, the only thing I'm interested what Win10 has to offer is DX12, but since no game has been announced that I'm interested in is going to use it I have no reason to upgrade. So besides DX12 Win10 is just another windows that offers no other benefits for me.
It's free, sure but I don't plan to be M$ beta tester. I don't have the time to spare to troubleshoot games I own that do not work on Win10.

Last edited by HunterICX; 08-19-15 at 06:53 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 06:42 AM   #186
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ you do not really think, that any republican president would have had not ordered drone strikes and wiretapping ?
What part of "I think the imperial presidency is something to be feared, no matter who occupies the office" do you not understand? Obama merely took a policy that he disagreed with to be elected and doubled down on it. Nothing unusual. Candidates, looking from outside, criticize the imperial President. Once they are in office they are utterly corrupted by the imperial Presidency. Absolute power corrupts what?
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 07:13 AM   #187
Catfish

Sorry for being a bit OT, but it is not really OT if you think about it.

What i meant is that Obama is not extreme as Mr. Bush was or Trump would be, but if Obama already does what he did, what do you think would a right-wing Hardliner do, or have done?

Power corrupts? Of course it does. In this and a lot other cases though i think, that it is not a party or the president who decides, but what you call the deep state, or likely secret services who tell the new-elected president what he has to do, to keep his seat.
Because they give a sh! to what politics or their representative wants.

Which again is, why i think, we do not have a democracy anywhere, as long as we allow those puppeteers to rule all else. Yes, it is all for a higher goal, the end justifies the means etc. blahblah, now where did i hear this before.

It is not that far with Win 10, but the path is clear. They try to and will get a perfect profile of you, complete with your habits, and they certainly will use it. If you think they do that for your good, dream on. And it is not only your shopping behaviour, or a credit:
AT&T is the NSA's Darling : http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...s-2779979.html
I cannot understand how all this can be tolerated, while saying "freedom is the highest good". They also target US citizens, not only the rest of the world. We are all fair game, to them.

Old 08-19-15, 08:53 AM   #188
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I reckon I'll just have to await the arrival of W11 or W12

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 09:12 AM   #189
Catfish

Hi,
just let Win 10 loose on a spare PC, just to see, but it would not work. System is not fit for Win 10, since "the network adapter is not supported", Windows 10 installer says.
I am using a WLAN USB stick, since i do not like the cables on the floor.

Ok, this PC is one year old, but .. huh? Just of all the Network adapter??? Well i could kind of configure this adapter, maybe Windows 10 does not like that?

Old 08-19-15, 09:22 AM   #190
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
AVG Warhawk,
sometimes i think some People are blind. Can't you see what this implies ? Just of all the US americans who boast with 'freedom', accept just of all THAT ?
You have looked for a small or used car? Or heaven forbid, for a credit ?

Good luck getting money lent, they know all of you and your financial capablities,
Data being compared and handed over between Google, eBay, Amazon, credit institutes
All being logged from your payback Habits to your personal(!) interests and general user habits (metadata), like "when does he surf the web? In the forenoon? Doen't he have a Job?! Sorry, no credit for you. And sorry, no Job for you, wen can see from your hobby and personal opinions we read you do not fit in here.

And this does not even include your political or sexual preferences, all being logged, compared and aligned.

You have no idea what they can do with all that, they can virtually destroy you, and if they decide this for whatever reason (and maybe wrong conclusions) you can do nothing against it. Next drone for you, and bye bye. No court, no defence.
You lost me. Getting money lent? No worries. I just built a new home from money lent. I purchased a new car that came with a interest free loan from KIA. Daily I received credit card come-ons in my mailbox. My financial capabilities are quite good. Just as well, I wanted a new home and car. The could check via the usual credit agencies. I'm better than a "good risk". What you are saying has been done for decades. The only difference is this information can be gotten in seconds where 25 years ago it took paper and credit references from banks and other lenders. This took time and fax machines!

Political preference. Well...when you register in our state/county they ask. It is already on record. What is the issue?

Sexual preference. Again, what it the difference? The government is already in your bedroom dictating who you can lay. BFD.

Get a grip fella.
Old 08-19-15, 09:25 AM   #191
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I reckon I'll just have to await the arrival of W11 or W12
Those will have advanced data mining apps as well as holding your wallet for you.

Old 08-19-15, 09:35 AM   #192
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
What part of "I think the imperial presidency is something to be feared, no matter who occupies the office" do you not understand? Obama merely took a policy that he disagreed with to be elected and doubled down on it. Nothing unusual. Candidates, looking from outside, criticize the imperial President. Once they are in office they are utterly corrupted by the imperial Presidency. Absolute power corrupts what?
Executive orders provide the avenue to imperial presidency. Many before Obama used this as a means to an end. These not always ended well.
Old 08-19-15, 09:35 AM   #193
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Those will have advanced data mining apps as well as holding your wallet for you.

That means only one thing....the W stands for WIFE

Old 08-19-15, 09:36 AM   #194
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That means only one thing....the W stands for WIFE

Hope the missus is not looking over your shoulder!
Old 08-19-15, 09:40 AM   #195
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

Hope the missus is not looking over your shoulder!
She's at work...best place for her

Tags
windows