SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-21, 08:40 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Very nice! I´m downloading it now.

Question: Could I use another environment mod? I never (a matter of taste) like the TMO 25 environment, ever looked awful in my installation. In my TMO RSRDC I changed it with Real Enviroment and/or ISE for TMO. But I don´t know if they can ruin your new TMO mod.

Many thanks for all the job and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

You can try, however be aware it will alter the designed experience, especially in form of night surface attacks, which are now actually possible due to the darker nights and a major part of the mod. When change the environment it affects sensors and those have to be adjusted, which requires a lot of testing. I probably spent over a month total perfecting the visual sensor settings to get them to work right with the darker nights. Thus far I've encountered no other environmental mod that gets the nights right in this sim.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:48 PM   #2
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
You can try, however be aware it will alter the designed experience, especially in form of night surface attacks, which are now actually possible due to the darker nights and a major part of the mod. When change the environment it affects sensors and those have to be adjusted, which requires a lot of testing. I probably spent over a month total perfecting the visual sensor settings to get them to work right with the darker nights. Thus far I've encountered no other environmental mod that gets the nights right in this sim.
OK. Many thanks!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:56 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
OK. Many thanks!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Follow up: I would try it first with the native TMO environment, then try it with your preferred, so can notice the difference. If would like can upload the darker nights mod, can see how it works with your environmental mod.
Old 09-30-21, 02:46 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Tale of... 2 Gato folders.... curiouser & curiouser

Ahoy, Bubblehead1980...

Had a few & decided to do a bit of poking about in the main, 1st folder that is called for to be installed...

TMO 2.5_UpdatedBH Revised Final

On My end, I renamed it to:

1- Trigger Maru Overhauled v2.5, adding the fact that it is TMO, overhauled.. & adding the 1-, to indicate while staring at JSGME, that it's 1st in the line up to be activated, just My own clarities sake...

Any who... on to the meat of the subject.

Whilst poking about, taking a look see, under the hood, so to speak.. I noticed something a bit... peculiar.

Sees that there are 2.... Uno... Dos... folders for the following U.S. sub :

Data/Interior

tagged, as follows:

NNS_GAto

NSS_Gato

So, that leads to My query... is that supposed to be that way, or not....

Standing by, awaiting orders...

M. M.

Old 09-30-21, 03:06 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Bubblehead1980...

Had a few & decided to do a bit of poking about in the main, 1st folder that is called for to be installed...

TMO 2.5_UpdatedBH Revised Final

On My end, I renamed it to:

1- Trigger Maru Overhauled v2.5, adding the fact that it is TMO, overhauled.. & adding the 1-, to indicate while staring at JSGME, that it's 1st in the line up to be activated, just My own clarities sake...

Any who... on to the meat of the subject.

Whilst poking about, taking a look see, under the hood, so to speak.. I noticed something a bit... peculiar.

Sees that there are 2.... Uno... Dos... folders for the following U.S. sub :

Data/Interior

tagged, as follows:

NNS_GAto

NSS_Gato

So, that leads to My query... is that supposed to be that way, or not....

Standing by, awaiting orders...

M. M.

That is strange. I just pulled up the Data/Interior/NSS_Gato (in my update mod) and there is only one there for Gato, same with the sub folder which contains the NSS_Gato.sim etc. NSS_GAto (with the capital A) does not look correct Not sure how that made it there, not present on my end.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 09-30-21 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-30-21, 03:16 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: Tale of Two (2) Gato files... part deux...

Forgot to add this when I posted to begin with... My apologies...

M. M.

Old 09-30-21, 03:25 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Forgot to add this when I posted to begin with... My apologies...

M. M.

Yes, that is not correct and not present in the mod I have in front of me, which I ran a patrol last night, sans a CTD because forgot to activate LAA(I forgot to mention LAA in readme , figured it was a given but will revise.)

Make sure you have the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH_Revised Final"(as it is titled) version of the mod, link is in the subsim downloads section.

The other day, in relatively short order, I uploaded three versions..original (which had an error causing some people to have issues starting a career), then I mistakenly uploaded an unfinished/text version of the mod (why I labled it as I did to avoid confusion) and then the final version.

Disregard the other versions, only want the revised final version.
Old 09-30-21, 03:25 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

& that is from the last downloaded zip, that I grabbed... that you uploaded... by the way.

I circular filed the previous 2 that I grabbed... & that is looking at the main Data/Interior folder...

post edit :

Thought of something.... & think I found where the... issue stems...

After reading your reply post... I dug a bit more... further into things...

In the main unzipped folder... there is, as you pointed out... no... I repeat.. no 2 Gato folders....

upon seeing that, I pulled up My stock copy of SH4... (which is a copy from Steam, by the way... ) &....

lo & behold... found that for some odd reason, that, contains, the aforementioned 2 Gato folders... the whyfore's & how comes... come to mind.

I shall, take a look at a Ubishaf.. urhm... Ubisoft copy that I also have & see if that occurs as well in that copy or not... & shall report back on what I find out...

M. M.