SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-23, 09:18 AM   #5761
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Still, all that together is not helpful in trying to contain the Chinese in the region and win sympathies against them. China runs a wave of diplomatic offensive in the region, and establishes presence and bases even directly before Australia's front door from where it can easily track, spy and surveil.

If you want to win local sympathies back, you better don't let people prepare half a year and then crahs the party.

And yes, he is too old. With age not being the problem per se, there are many nationol leaders - mostly tyrants... - who are even older, but his physical weakness is the problem. If he were fitter for his age, then it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 05-22-23, 09:36 AM   #5762
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

In the end what really matters is the security agreements were still signed. I like our Secretary of State he’s a hard charger and knows what needs to be done to protect and enhance our interests abroad.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 11:56 AM   #5763
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It fits in both Funny picture thread and in this US Politics thread.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1660575735755546624

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 12:18 PM   #5764
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

^^^ Typical behavior of the usual suspects.

Yet even more disgusting it’s actually the Democrat party a.k.a. Blue anon, a.k.a. Koolaid drinking cult, a.k.a the largest conspiracy theorist group in the United States that is destroying the soul of the nation sitting on their high horse with accusations about how it’s everyone else that’s the problem.

Biden says domestic terrorism is rising, but it's not. Rather, the FBI is manipulating data to demonize millions of Americans, and the media is going along with it. They should all be ashamed of themselves for their persecution of FBI whistleblowers and law-abiding Americans.

Behind Purge Of FBI Whistleblowers, The Hyping And Hunting Of "Domestic Terrorists"

No mainstream media journalist interviewed the FBI whistleblowers before demonizing them

MICHAEL SHELLENBERGER AND MADELEINE ROWLEY
MAY 22, 2023
∙ PAID

https://public.substack.com/p/behind...whistleblowers

Quote:

U.S. President Joe Biden delivers a primetime speech at Independence National Historical Park September 1, 2022 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. President Biden spoke on “the continued battle for the Soul of the Nation.” (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)

The FBI whistleblowers who testified before Congress last week are far-right, Q-Anon conspiracy theorists, and anti-vaxxers who lost their security clearances because they stole sensitive documents and supported Donald Trump’s coup attempt on January 6, 2021, the FBI and the news media are suggesting. Proof that they are scam artists, claimed reporters, comes from the fact that a top Trump donor and a right-wing think tank are paying them.

But there is no evidence any of them stole sensitive documents, adhered to Q-Anon conspiracy theories, or supported the January 6 Capitol riot, much less an attempt to overthrow the government.

The FBI’s deputy director said in a letter to Congress that one of the men, Stephen Friend, had used a flash drive to download data in a way that violated the rules. The FBI didn’t mention that the downloaded information was the FBI employee handbook, which is not classified or confidential. It was the kind of infraction that warrants an email from a supervisor, not an investigation.

As for the payment from a Trump donor, it was $5,000, and it was a donation, like one of many that members of the public sent after Friend was suspended and not allowed to work.

“I never met [the donor] Kash Patel,” said Friend. “I’m not proud to have to accept charity. But when I got married, I promised to take care of her. I don’t think any man is proud to accept charity, but I’m certainly grateful to live in a country where people are generous enough to take care of those who are on hard times.”

All three of the FBI whistleblowers we interviewed are indeed conservative; one works for a conservative think tank; at least one, if not all, decided not to get vaccinated against Covid; and another attended the January 6 protest, but never entered the Capitol.

Neither a person’s political beliefs nor their personal medical decisions should be relevant when the FBI evaluates someone for a job. The FBI whistleblower who attended the January 6 protest says there was no indication that the public area near the Capitol was a restricted zone.

What about Q-Anon? “I’ve never actually looked up what it is,” said Friend. What about Covid conspiracy-mongering? Friend admits to writing an article that was “Tongue-in-cheek with snark pointing out absurdities like ‘Hey, you have to wear the mask when you’re walking to your seat but not while eating.’”

Having read the background material, including the FBI’s accusations, and interviewed the whistleblowers at length, it’s clear that the FBI whistleblowers who testified last week are what they appear to be: sincere, disciplined, and successful FBI agents whom the FBI is persecuting because they blew the whistle on abuses of power within the law enforcement agency.

What’s more, none of the news media attacking the FBI whistleblowers have actually interviewed the FBI whistleblowers, as shocking as that sounds. “The New York Times never asked for an interview?” I pressed. “No,” said Friend. “What about the Washington Post?” I asked. “No, no. No Washington Post.”

Friend added, “During Hurricane Ian, we had no cell service, no power, nothing, and then I get reception and my phone exploded, and my attorney said, ‘Hey, The New York Times reached out for comment on the fact that you’re unvaccinated and under investigation for shooting a firearm in your backyard.”

But the rumor about shooting a gun in his backyard was false. It appears to have stemmed from an unrelated, non-criminal incident by a different whistleblower.

After Friend told the Times what happened, the newspaper ignored his story.

“The Times never called and asked for an interview about the substance of your claims?” I asked

“No, they’ve never done that.”

“What about CBS? NBC? Any of the big media? Nobody?”

“BBC reached out a week ago,” he said, “but I had a conflict.”

I was incredulous. “They didn’t follow up?”

“No.”

We already wrote about the FBI whistleblowers being attacked by the FBI and Democrats in Congress last week. But given the plain intention by the FBI and the news media to continue their unscrupulous defamation campaign, which can accurately be labeled “disinformation” under their own definition of the term, we decided to take a closer look at their cases. What we discovered shocked and disturbed us.

Old 05-22-23, 05:26 PM   #5765
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

This is what happens when people don’t use condoms and fertilize Democrat’s who exercise their right to vote. So much for the walls don’t work argument huh?

The City of Chicago is being hit extremely hard by the illegal migrant crisis. Currently the city has no available shelters left and the police stations are being used as temporary shelters. Beginning June 1st the city will begin housing migrants at Wright college while the students are on summer break. City council will be passing a measure to allocate $51 million to the crisis. The city is expected to have a $84 million deficit by 2024 and the police aren’t able to do their job.

Chicago is now a 3rd world city and the residents are not happy. Elections have consequences.

I reckon California & New York are next

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-22-23 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-22-23, 07:25 PM   #5766
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

How long before Blue Anon attacks Tim Scott calling him Uncle Tom, Jim Crow, trader to his race? I wouldn't be the first time.

Old 05-22-23, 08:07 PM   #5767
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Well, this is pretty unambiguously true. What I don't understand is that portion of the middle-class which made it possible.
Old 05-22-23, 08:35 PM   #5768
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

FLASH (Z) that was over 24 years ago. What your saying is Ronald Reagan the 40th President of the United States who served from 1981 to 1989 'destroyed' everything for everyone.

It seems then it would stand to reason you're also admitting you are to blame. Because the representatives you elected to office since then haven't in over 24 years changed a damn thing.

IMO you're the problem, my advice to you is stop being such a pussy and TAKE RESPONSIBILTY for the current situation and your vote

REMEBER IT"S THE GOVERMENT YOU VOTED FOR.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-22-23 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-22-23, 11:11 PM   #5769
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

In furtherance of the left's false narrative: Travel advisory issued for visitors to Florida.

https://naacp.org/articles/naacp-iss...visory-florida

"Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color."

Guess that's why the head of the NAACP lives in Tampa.
Old 05-22-23, 11:24 PM   #5770
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 05-23-23, 06:32 PM   #5771
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The Stormy Daniels trial date has been set for March 25th, 2024.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 10:45 PM   #5772
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The Stormy Daniels trial date has been set for March 25th, 2024.

The theory being that court dates will interfere with his ability to campaign I guess. Bold move.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 10:53 PM   #5773
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The date was agreed to by both parties as required. Sorry to burst your bubble.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 11:04 PM   #5774
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The date was agreed to by both parties as required. Sorry to burst your bubble.

No you're not.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 05:43 PM   #5775
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Biden's DOJ drops all charges against Soros-backed Massachusetts DA caught lying under oath

The Department of Justice's failure to charge Rollins raises questions about a two-tiered system of justice.

https://thepostmillennial.com/bidens...campaign=64483

Quote:
Biden's DOJ has decided not to charge Rachael Rollins after evidence found her guilty of election interference, raising concerns about a double standard in the criminal justice system.

Rachel Rollins, US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, resigned from her office on Friday after the Department of Justice's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) found evidence that she lied to investigators to reportedly influence an election. The OIG referred criminal charges to the DOJ, but the Justice Department decided not to prosecute the district attorney, according to The Messenger.

The report states that "on December 16, 2022, pursuant to the Inspector General Act, 5 U.S.C. § 404(d), the OIG referred the false statements allegation to the Department for a prosecutive decision."

The OIG's investigation revealed that Rollins lied under oath during an investigation into the attorney allegedly trying to influence an election for district attorney in Suffolk County, MA last year.

Despite the findings, the OIG's report stated that "On January 6, 2023, the Department informed the OIG that it declined prosecution.”

According to the report, Rollins provided derogatory information about District Attorney Kevin Hayden to Boston Globe and Boston Herald with the hope that it would help Boston City Councilman Ricardo Arroyo in the Democratic primary for Suffolk’s district attorney in Sept. 2022.

The OIG said Rollins was able to acquire the "non-public" and "sensitive" information as a result of her federal position.

After Arroyo lost to Hayden in the primary, Rollins leaked more material to the outlets, according to the report.

The OIG accused Rollins of violating multiple Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch, which include Section 2635.702 (the use "of public office for private gain") and Section 2635.703 (the use "of nonpublic information").

However, the greatest charge against Rollins was that she allegedly gave false testimony under oath when she denied providing the sensitive information to the Herald.

The investigation also accused Rollins of disregarding ethical warnings on political activities and soliciting expensive sports tickets, The Messenger reports.

In 2021, Rollins, a Soros-back federal prosecutor, was confirmed as US DA of Massachusettes when Vice President Harris cast a tie-breaking vote after all Republicans voted against her nomination, according to the outlet.

The Department of Justice's failure to charge Rollins raises questions about a two-tiered system of justice in the United States because this is the same Justice department that is considering charges against former President Donald Trump for allegedly making false statements to investigators relating to classified material at Mar-a-Lago.

However, Trump's team of lawyers could use the DOJ's dropped charges against Rollins to their advantage if he gets indicted.