Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-23, 12:02 AM   #5656
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
You tell me? Most of these legal problems take months, sometimes years, to bring to trial and several should be there this year.

I don't think Trump will avoid serious consequences but that should be a plus for the GOP.
Well ,There is one thing that is certain.These old cucks and their children, will never survive.The war they want to start. And that's a good thing. Don't you think so ? It doesn't matter who the Godfather is really.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-23, 06:31 AM   #5657
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Jim Cramer said with First Republic Bank the banking crisis could be over. Just make sure you’re buckled up come Monday morning because Jim Cramer predictions have never been right.

The Tucker Carlson, Trump, assault-style drama (and many other culture war issues) are meant to distract us from the real issues.

The US Dollar is at risk, our national debt is bankrupting the nation and inflation is making us all poorer.

But let’s all focus on gender ideology while they bankrupt us.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-02-23 at 10:05 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-23, 08:44 AM   #5658
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 04-29-23, 10:55 AM   #5659
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

You heard it here first folks. You must re-elect Trump!

Christ not even the Adderall is working anymore

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-29-23 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-29-23, 11:11 AM   #5660
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Former Arkansas Gov. Hutchinson formally announces 2024 presidential campaign

Veronica Stracqualursi Eva McKend
By Veronica Stracqualursi and Eva McKend, CNN
Updated 5:25 PM EDT, Wed April 26, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/26/polit...024/index.html

Quote:
Bentonville, Arkansas
CNN

Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson formally kicked off his presidential campaign on Wednesday with a speech in Bentonville, Arkansas, seeking to distinguish himself from the GOP field with his long career in government and as a “consistent conservative.”

“Today, I am announcing that I am a candidate for president of the United States,” Hutchinson said. “In this campaign for president, I stand alone in terms of my experience, record and leadership.”

In his speech, Hutchinson touched upon plans to address the economy, crime, and border security – issues that fit with his public service record. But the former governor, who’s working to build national name recognition, also highlighted his personal story of growing up on a farm in a small town.

Bentonville is where Hutchinson announced his first run for public office and part of the district he used to represent when he was in the US House of Representatives. He was joined by family, friends and supporters, who traveled across the state to support the former governor on Wednesday.

Hutchinson announced his bid for the GOP presidential nomination during an interview with ABC News earlier this month. But he’s been polling in the single digits, while former President Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has yet to jump into the race, are well ahead of him and the rest of the competition.

Core to Hutchinson’s argument for election is he has the credentials and temperament to win a general election and that if Trump is the Republican nominee, the former president can’t appeal to enough voters to beat President Joe Biden.

Without mentioning Trump by name in Wednesday’s speech, Hutchinson attacked the former president’s “America First” agenda.

“There are some who want the US to disengage from the world and to isolate ourselves,” he said, adding, “isolationism only leads to weakness and weakness leads to war.”

Later, he hit squarely on Trump’s recent calls to defund the FBI.

Surrounded by local businesses and restaurants in Bentonville’s town square, Hutchinson, whose time as governor ended in January, touted his efforts to keep Arkansas strong during the Covid-19 pandemic. He said his “mettle was tested” when he faced pressure from Washington to enact Covid restrictions.

“I demonstrated how we can lead through a pandemic without closing down every business and shutting down schools,” he said.

With a thinly veiled swipe at DeSantis, Hutchinson said, “The result was that our businesses survived, and we had more days of in-classroom instruction during the pandemic than almost any other state. Yes, that’s right. We beat Florida and Texas.”

He promised, if elected president, that he would set up a commission to ensure the future of Social Security and Medicare, expand computer science education in every K-12 school to compete with China, and cut the federal civilian workforce by 10%.

Hutchinson has spent much of his career in public service. The former Arkansas governor served as federal prosecutor, in the House of Representatives, and as the administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration and as a Department of Homeland Security undersecretary during the Bush administration.

Wilma Donley, who drove to the event from Little Rock, told CNN she that she’s supporting Hutchinson because “we need some civility back in our country.”

“We are in bad shape right now. And I feel he’s the one that can put the civility back into campaigning,” said Donley, who’s voted for both parties in the past and told CNN she supported Hillary Clinton in 2016.

The former governor acknowledged on CNN earlier this month that “perhaps I’m not as exciting as some candidates that are out there. I don’t throw bombs and torches all the time.”

“But I am consistent, I have a track record that’s important. And I have a vision for America, for border security, for the fentanyl crisis – and so things that we can bring people together, I think that’s a great characteristic and history that I bring,” he added.

This story has been updated with additional reporting.

Old 04-30-23, 02:16 AM   #5661
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-23, 06:54 AM   #5662
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Remember when California based bank SVB failed. Newsome and his very wealthy insider friends were the customers withdrawing their funds that caused the collapse. Then he portrays himself as savior calling on the Fed for a bail out. In other words he withdrew his deposits and you’re paying for it, he robbed you blind while you were pouting about low hanging fruit, rope-a-dopes and other pointless soap operas.

Same thing is happening to another California based bank First Republic. But this time you paid J.P. Morgan by financing their buy out of FRB.

I told you before, while Gavin, your party idols and favorite talking head on TV were distracting everyone with stupid, trivial and pointless drama about the other guy. They were picking your pockets right under your nose.

California record breaking job loss, record breaking homelessness, record breaking drug abuse, record breaking crime, small businesses failing, cities collapsing. It’s failed state thanks to democrats. But that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention what’s going in your own backyard or are just simply greedy and don’t give a damn what happens to others because you know, orange man.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-01-23 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-01-23, 09:10 PM   #5663
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I told you before, while Gavin, your party idols and favorite talking head on TV were distracting everyone with stupid, trivial and pointless drama about the other guy. They were picking your pockets right under your nose.

But that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention what’s going in your own backyard or are just simply greedy and don’t give a damn what happens to others because you know, orange man.
Let's be honest here, both parties do it and do it all the time. Democrats and Republicans are both as irresponsible as the other when it comes to governing. Frankly I think each party is way more interested in power then actually DOING the job WE THE PEOPLE voted for them to do in the first place.
Old 05-01-23, 09:24 PM   #5664
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Biden told a bold faced 63 billion dollar lie to the taxpayer.

The FDIC a.k.a. the taxpayer is left holding the bag AGAIN. Fish on!

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-01-23 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-02-23, 12:28 PM   #5665
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

1. California based PacWest Bankcorp, failing.

2. Ohio based based KeyCorp is one of the national's 30 largest banks with banking and other financial services subsidiaries in the Northeast, the Northwest, including Alaska, and the Rocky Mountain states. Lending mostly to consumers and small businesses. KeyCorp refers to itself as "America's neighborhood bank." There goes a lot of small businesses and start-ups down the toilet.

3. Texas based bank Comerica, hit hard but so far has enough assets to cover.

Banks getting shorted hard. Good opportunity if they bounce back?

Old 05-02-23, 06:49 PM   #5666
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old news: Court upholds Trump law limiting state tax deductions
https://nypost.com/2021/10/05/court-...ax-deductions/

Finally! Something Democrats might blame Trump for. But then if you think about, Trump did do what Democrats here wanted. Which was to raise taxes (by reducing deductions) on the rich, so it can’t be all that bad then right?

———-

However, when you tax the hell out of the rich, you get this. So much for Californias 100 billion budget surplus.

Quote:
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.
Productive capital and income is fleeing to Florida and Texas.

New York and California lost over $90 billion in income to low-tax states during Covid

PUBLISHED TUE, MAY 2 2023 1:44 PM EDT

Robert Frank
@ROBTFRANK

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/02/new-...ax-states.html

Quote:
New York and California lost over $90 billion in income during Covid as taxpayers moved to other states, accelerating the trend of high-earners relocating to lower-tax areas.

New data from the Internal Revenue Service shows that New York state lost $25 billion in adjusted gross income due to outmigration in 2021, on top of $20 billion lost in 2020. California reported a net loss of $29 billion in 2021, following a loss of $18 billion in 2020. Combined, the two states lost $92 billion across the two years.

The data shows that the income flight from high-tax states to low-tax states, which has been happening for years, picked up steam during Covid. The income losses for California and New York in 2021 were more than three-times their combined losses in 2019, before the pandemic took hold in the U.S.

Experts say that while the income migration from states likely slowed in 2022 and 2023 from the pandemic highs, higher-tax states will continue to see outflows of high earners, thanks in part to remote work and white-collar job growth in the sun belt.

“When we get the data for 2021-22 and 2023, the outflow is certain to have slowed to some extent,” said E.J. McMahon, founding senior fellow at the Empire Center, “which does not in my view, mean migration will have ceased to be a problem.”

The biggest winner in the migration has been Florida: The Sunshine State gained a net 128,000 households in 2021, bringing over $39 billion in income, according to the IRS data, a huge jump from the $28 billion gained by the state in 2020. Palm Beach County, which includes the exclusive town of Palm Beach, gained over $11 billion in income alone in 2021, according to the IRS.

Nearly a third of Florida’s gain — or about $10 billion — came from New York. California, Illinois and New Jersey each lost over $4 billion in income to Florida in 2021. The income gains are rippling through the Florida economy, with a recent Bureau of Labor Statistics report showing Florida with more total jobs than New York since the Bureau started tracking the numbers in 1982.

Texas was also a winner, adding $11 billion in income. California’s loss was largely Texas’ gain, with over $5 billion moving from California to Texas.

Other winners included Nevada, North Carolina and Arizona, which gained about $14 billion in income combined.

The losses in the high-tax states also tended to be higher earners, which will have an outsized impact on tax collections over time. The average income of the households leaving New York reached an all-time high of $130,000 in 2021. The average income of New Yorkers moving to Florida was even higher, at $223,245 — a 64% jump from the average income of those who moved out between 2019 and 2020, according to McMahon.

A number of super-earners, like hedge fund executives and private equity chiefs, also moved to Florida during the pandemic. Those groups tend to be among the largest single taxpayers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

Many Democrats say the income flight is overstated, since the number of millionaires in New York and California remains at or near all-time highs. They say that as federal aid winds down and tax revenue starts to decline, states should raise taxes on the wealthy.

New York legislators battled last month for a tax increase on New Yorkers earning more than $5 million a year, yet Gov. Kathy Hochul blocked the move.

Both California and New York, which had budget surpluses in 2022, are now projecting deficits in 2023 and 2024. California is projecting a deficit of $24 billion in the next fiscal year. New York is projecting a deficit of over $7 billion by 2025.

“If we’re seeing an increased outflow of very high earners — and we are — it inevitably means the tax base is smaller than it would otherwise be,” McMahon said.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-02-23 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-02-23, 08:28 PM   #5667
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Now it so happens that people are fleeing California and New York for places like Texas and Florida. But here’s the catch, and I base this on my experience living in South Carolina in the late 90’s early 2000’s. They bring with them the same stupid ideas and dystopian beliefs they are fleeing from and will start imposing them on you. Good luck to the freedom loving Texas and Florida citizens who have to deal with these fools. They will screw things up, the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-02-23 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-02-23, 10:33 PM   #5668
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 05-03-23, 06:40 AM   #5669
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

That was a great video, I'd also add to that mix with "There is nothing more expensive than a second best Army, Navy and Airforce". It's all been a necessary evil ever since the American Politicians started poking their noses into everyone else's business.
Old 05-03-23, 07:52 PM   #5670
Rockstar
Rear Admiral