Closed Thread

Old 02-22-22, 04:44 PM   #781
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Did anyone of you watch the press meeting with President Biden ?

I can't decide if it was a strong speech or a weak speech towards Putin Russia.

It sounded weak in my ears.

Markus
Here's what Sniffy Joe said about Putin before he became President.

Old 02-22-22, 05:00 PM   #782
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0

Regardless, it's who we stand behind now!
Old 02-22-22, 05:06 PM   #783
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton View Post
Regardless, it's who we stand behind now!
True.

Secondly it was not so much what Biden said, but more important what he didn't say.

Biden said something with defend each inch of NATO. What he didn't say between the lines was-You may take Ukraine but NATO is off limit.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 02-22-22, 05:11 PM   #784
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254
Icon8

Weak speech for me....!

Never Ukrain in NATO!
Old 02-22-22, 05:14 PM   #785
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
True.

Secondly it was not so much what Biden said, but more important what he didn't say.

Biden said something with defend each inch of NATO. What he didn't say between the lines was-You may take Ukraine but NATO is off limit.

Markus
I don't have the answer to that question. All I know is it's going to start hurting for Putin.
Old 02-22-22, 05:33 PM   #786
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton View Post
I don't have the answer to that question. All I know is it's going to start hurting for Putin.
I do not claim to be 110 % correct in what I write.
Sanction will hurt Putin & Co, not so much though- History have shown us that it's the ordinary people on the street who suffer most. Putin & Co will still live a life in the outer lane.

Markus

Old 02-22-22, 06:00 PM   #787
clayton
Samurai Navy

Quote:
I do not claim to be 110 % correct in what I write.
Sanction will hurt Putin & Co, not so much though- History have shown us that it's the ordinary people on the street who suffer most. Putin & Co will still live a life in the outer lane.

Markus
Then I suggest the Russian people start doing something about it. Only they will have the power to end their suffering.
Old 02-22-22, 06:03 PM   #788
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

So far there is little in US sanctions that I can take serious.

That both the US and Europe desperately try to differentiate between a big invasion, a small invasion, an invasion that is no invasion but almost is an invasion though no really an invasion, is riduculous. It illustrates indifference, fear, weakness, clealessness, helplessness. And while the mice whistle and run around, in the Kremlin sits a fat cat and miaows.

Russian troops are standing in Crimea. Russian troops are standing in two Eastern provinces of Ukraine. What are these if not invasions...?

Putin has explicitly denied the Ukrainians' right to self-determination and a state of their own, if they want one. He denies Ukraine's right to exist. But hello...? What more does it take to arouse the determination of all Western parties involved...??? They are all still throwing around hopes and words. They are all still maneuvering, avoiding, and finding a thousand excuses that are no excuses at all.

And the gas dependence, especially of the Germans? Yes, it's a huge problem. Medvedev tweeted that the EU is entering the era when it has to buy Russian gas at twice the price.

At the same time, as a result of Corona, and yeras of debt crisis, and eroding fiance discipline in the West, financial margins are practically non-existent. Raising money is only possible at the price of a massive increase in inflation - or a massive renunciation of the completely insane green climate dogmatic policy line that Brussel has put forward. We can no longer afford all this stupid nonsense together. It aims at a right direciton, but uses completely inadequzate, meaningless tools that cause suicidal costs, and make no decisive diferrence, globally. How long will it take until this penny finally drops with our lobotomized leaders? Germany has just shut down three nuclear power plants at the beginning of the year for no reason, they can't be already gutted and scrapped, maybe they can be restarted without much effort? That means electzricity for heating. Nowhere in the world electricity prices cost the households that much money, like in Germany. And maybe it is possible to finally give up the idea of shutting down the last three remaining reactors this year, in this bad situation we are already in? We run thin on heating energy, we pay insane prices already now, and they have nothing better to do than to intentionally increase the demand and need, and shorten the supply, additionally to what Russia now will do?

Scholz this evening on German TV - there he was WEASELING AGAIN already and fabricating word tumors and avoiding the questions that were actually asked, and turning on the same hot air blower he always uses to emit meaningless noise and convolute feel-good air formations. Now that's a pain in the ass!

Don't be mistaken, NS2 is anything but dead for German policymakers, they built in a backdoor into the decison today as wide as the Baltic. It was put asleep to take a nap - not more.
And still the wanted increasinge in price, the deliberate increase in price of electricity and energy is at the top of the German agenda! Maybe the Germans should not curse Putin, but pay him a salary, after all he provides the service, which the German policy wishes more for than for anything else: he increases the price of energy: faster, more effective and more targeted than even the Greens can do. I say: pay the man a salary, and give him an honorary chairmanship in the European Climate Council.

Harrrr. Ich könnte kotzen. Ukraine does not meet the criteria for NATO membership - but we had eight years to arm them to the teeth.

Everything in our contemporary modern policymaking today seems to be stupid, stupid and more stupid only. Tells us something about the quality of the leaders. And why elections obviously work terribly bad these days. Every four years, they flush the most inept of the inept, the most shameless of the shameless, the most incompetent of the incompetent, the most egoist of the egoist and the most corrupt of the corrupt to the pinnacles of power.

That way we make sure that we get nothing better than what we deserve.

Got the box of Battlestar Galactica, time to start the show tonight and put in the pilot disc, me thinks. I will applaud the Cylons.
Old 02-22-22, 06:15 PM   #789
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here our elected politician has praised your minister Scholz throughout the day.

Markus

Old 02-22-22, 06:30 PM   #790
Skybird
Soaring

Whistleing while walking alone in the dark forest.

Agfain: the Germans have not cancelled the pipeline, they have given it only some time in the penalty box. And every penalty time is meant to go over.

I just red a piece on German stock brokers recommending - to the wide public! - to buy Russian stocks. Especially those of Gazprom. While stockmarket-wise that may make sense, since Gazprom will always stay in business no matter what, it is irresponsible to support the economy of the enemy. I rate it as equivalent to high treason.

BTW, Mrkus: Scholz is Merkels wanted successor, her preferred choice. That should be a warning to everybody.

Old 02-22-22, 06:34 PM   #791
Skybird
Soaring

Finally. The Ukraine is calling up all reservists. General mobilization is running.

What the hell took them so long...?
Old 02-22-22, 06:46 PM   #792
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Finally. The Ukraine is calling up all reservists. General mobilization is running.

They had hopes which disappeared after Biden's speech. They know they are on their own, only help their will get is weapon and morally support.

No no NATO boots on the ground or in the air.

Markus

Old 02-22-22, 07:20 PM   #793
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
We don't want World War 3 over Ukraine, neither does Russia I hope.
I had hoped this song would never be relevant again ...

Old 02-22-22, 08:27 PM   #794
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

I just red a piece on German stock brokers recommending - to the wide public! - to buy Russian stocks.

Might want to look into MBT SBRCY and NILSY too. Just saying

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-23-22, 02:50 AM   #795
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
To not let themselves being provoked and give Russia a pretext.

But Russia creates the pretexts itself, "ukrainian genocide of 4 million dead russians", ukrainian death camps – in an area occupied by russian separatists since 8 years

He does not even take much trouble for some believable maskirovka, it does not matter anymore.

First the eastern regions, then occupying the next region with a direct access to Sevastopol, then the rest of Ukraine. And no one will intervene.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread