SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-07, 01:00 PM   #31
Lawndart
Bosun

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

I discovered by accident that if you rum up against a detroyer it will sink after awhile, like 2 cars trying to run eachother off a road, and you will take no damage.... But Ramming with sink you quick.
Lawndart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:09 PM   #32
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54

You know, I've noticed how these shots are beautiful and like looking at paintings.

The game looks "painting-like" as well. I know its the developer's style to make things look like they did in color WWII film and 90% love it... it's just that for me it looks weird. It's a little TOO much like WWII film you know? Maybe after a few patches it will look a little more stabilized. Just my two cents.

I must admit that this is the most uniquely colored and presented naval game I have ever seen.
Old 03-25-07, 03:25 PM   #33
shivath
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Just a few shots...

Not really sure how it was able to get in this position since not much of it is under water..

Random plane fell up the sky after I shot at it...then soon after it fell back down to earth..

Just got back from my 3rd trip out..96k tons down at the bottom of the sea..
shivath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 03:42 PM   #34
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Dowly, you are so bleedin' mad that I bet that it actually WAS the kiel canal you were in:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Old 03-25-07, 04:09 PM   #35
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Dowly, you are so bleedin' mad that I bet that it actually WAS the kiel canal you were in:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Actually, yes. Also, paid visit to San Fransisco to see the Golden Gate, Galveston hust for the fun for it and New York to see how it is. Too bad there wasnt the Moltenort memorial in Kiel, it was marked on the map tho.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 04:10 PM   #36
Hans Schultz
Sparky

I cought this beauty coming out of a rain bank, I was lucky I even found her.

I was sunk by an enemy aircraft on the way back to base.
Hans Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 04:59 PM   #37
AJ!
Commodore

Awsome shot Hans Hope ya put a dent in him.

Heres another quick one from me... not too clear but its 2 lines of destroyers going toe to toe (and one heavy cruiser for america )

Old 03-25-07, 05:49 PM   #38
ccruner13
Navy Dude

Downloads: 2

i have yet to come across a naval battle. i sat in the loaction of the midway single battle in my campaign and nobody showed up. i made it to the invasion of borneo too but only found some ridiculous waves in about 100 feet of water and a task force that wasnt travelling. the waves were so big at periscope depth id go from not being able to see a thing to having my bow exposed. took out three takao cruisers tho

she never sank...i had to put her down with another torpedo. and those destroyers somehow never saw me? water looks glorious but it doesnt work like water sometimes...
ccruner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 06:11 PM   #39
Subleo
Watch

SS 272 REDFIN (Gato Class)

A tribute to Captain Cox's awesome skin !

Shark Attack !

Subleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 09:20 PM   #40
Dane
Mate

Default Swabbie

Your grandfather was a hero
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 10:29 PM   #41
shivath
Swabbie

Not much of a storyteller myself but I'll give it a try

So after my 3rd trip out I got offered a new sub. I accepted commanding my new home, the USS Drum. It was a upgrade to a Gato. My mission seemed to be stuck on repeat as for many others. I was to ship an agent somewhere north in China or close to China at least.

Before this trip I haven't really been getting much action. Just done my mission and maybe taken out some randoms in enemy harbors. Maybe taken out a few things on the way there and back.

This time I get to my destination as the other times. I toss the poor guy off the sub, and as always his little raft rubs against my sub which makes the sound of a battleship trying to get inside. I pull out as the sun set. Just before the sun is gone I get a report of a convoy pretty close. I rarely manage to get to these in time. I rush south to intercept. Slow down to 2/3 and go to periscope depth. I head straight towards them but make sure I approach my targets at least in an angle. I go through the convoy smoothly taking out 2 x Small, 1 x Medium and 1 Large freighter. I add a Mutsuki Destroyer to the list as I head for home.

...now what, another convoy is heading straight for me before the last destroyer hits the bottom of the ocean. It's perfect..just the way I'm heading to get back home. I know I won't have enough torpedos left for much but I can't just let this chance go without trying. I go straight in like the last time. I start going after the large freighters. This time I end up with 1 x Small, 1 Medium and 2 x Large freighters. The medium freighter was the last one and didn't go down so easily. Thought I'd finish it with my deck gun after the destroyers left. After they were some good distance I surfaced only to see they speed up and came right for me. I went down to periscope depth again. I was only 50 meters or so from the heavily damaged freighter at this time. Figured they would go away again...but oh was I wrong. They kept circling me throwing out depth charges all over the place, but seeing I was so close to their freighter they couldn't hit me. At this point I was out of torpedos and they wouldn't do anything else then that. I had to try to run for it...and I did...without going deeper. Of course they came after me but it didn't end the way any of us thought. Both of them died from running me over. I didn't get any damage... Apperantly the sub is razorsharp..maybe even coated with explosives because it makes things explode for no reason.

After that my crew finally got some rest and looking forward to getting home for some new shiny medals. USS Drum will soon be back on new adventures. Lets just hope I don't get the same d**n mission.
shivath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 10:57 PM   #42
R3D
Gunner

Downloads: 88

my officer's have been watching Event Horizon it seem's.

R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 11:23 PM   #43
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Couple new pics:
My new Desktop:

Sinking

Night Attack

The Jap Surivors ponder there predicament(hardish to read I know)

Old 03-26-07, 02:04 AM   #44
dangchang
Watch

Night cruising.
dangchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 04:45 AM   #45
ccruner13
Navy Dude

ok so i have a saved replay that i want to go back and take about 1 minute from. how do i do that?

go hit and took off

capsides but coasted (sunsetting)

wreck is where he flipped...where i am is where he stopped

me under him as sun rises
ccruner13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screenshots