SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-21, 09:50 AM   #961
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post

This forum was helpful.

I reinstalled vcredist_x86 from here and followed exactly this point:

Windows Vista compatibility setting of exe file works and Windows 7 recommended in TWOS readme too.

And of course, i made my offline version working which is the best, thank you all
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 10:44 AM   #962
realIK17
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

1. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay/UConnect download, Steam, other) TWoS version?

UConnect download, 2.2.24

2. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems

Yes.

3. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!

None

4. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2) Upload screenshot of opened Generic Patcher window and it's patches (Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/GenericPatcher.exe)

5. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!

6. JSGME screenshot!

7. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?

I was able to download, install and launch the game for the first time without any problems. Then I restarted because the Windows Game Bar application needs to restart the computer. Now, if I start the game, the ubisoft connection blue game launch dialog with the silent hunter artwork will stay there forever and will not start the game.

8. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.

realIK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 03:56 PM   #963
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5
Default Vertical Sync in NVIDIA control panel

Hi Vecko,

i fixed another issue at windows 10 with TWOS.
I had the game crashing in most uncomfortable ways, like during saves etc. until i fixed FPS by explicit vertical sync at nvidia control panel for sh5.exe.
(i had about 1100 FPS in main menu)

I found this is the cause of that by having game Stuttering sometimes before crashes, which was also fixed by VS.
Now i am playing about 4 days in row just like in best times

Have a nice 2022 and good health to all Kaleunen
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 07:49 AM   #964
TheSneaky12
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Greetings

I would like to report a ctd i am encountering at the very start of the game when going on the first patrol. Everything works superbly until an autosave is triggered on patrol or i manualy save. The game instantly crashes to the desktop when saving is triggered. However not when saving in the bunker at the start of the campaign as i have tested. I also created multiple new saves and tested it and it always crashes on saving out on patrol. My version is 1.20 as instructed and everything was installed according to the instalation manual. My version of the game is SH5 gold edition from ubisoft (digital download) however i do own a disc version from years ago and ubisoft upgraded my vannila game to gold for free i guess, so i just downloded it from the ubisoft connect (now using digital version). I am at a loss here since i tried reinstalling everything and it still keeeps happening. I also play the moded game without internet connection and with ubisoft connect offline mode as advised and from personal experience using moded games. I tried running the update after i encountered the crash. perhaps it is my mistake to not update it before starting it for the first time.
Thank you and i hope my explanation helps if anyone is encountering the same problem.
TheSneaky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 12:10 PM   #965
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

TheSneaky12!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 01:58 PM   #966
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5
Default Possible CTD when running via KSD Commander

I also found possible issue.
When i ran the game via KSD Start the Game button (KSD running as admin), the game works for few hours and then it can generate white marks glitches instead of some textures and finally it crashes.

I had to restart computer to completely clean RAM and then, when i ran it directly via sh5.exe it seems to work fine.
Without restart, it crashed again after some hours.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 11:48 AM   #967
JuliusAlexander
Swabbie

Downloads: 59
Icon1 TWOS broken?

Hello, Apparently the Installation of TWOS is somehow broken on my PC and doesn't works for me at the end when I want to play the game.

- Game downloaded from Ubisoft Connect

- Game Version 1.2.0 (Newest)

- No other MODS used, full vanilla

- (After reopening the Patcher and pressing enter 30 times, as you can see I only get 8 patches instead of 9)

https://ibb.co/RYVZjHs

- Thats my Content in the SH5 folder (:\D thingy)

https://ibb.co/s3dhntv
https://ibb.co/HNSRT5Y
https://ibb.co/rmQ2MTb
https://ibb.co/GWQqpzh
https://ibb.co/4tr2x10

- Those are all the Mods I have enabled for the game rn, they should would properly

https://ibb.co/7CxhhxP

- I also get this message if I want to add the patches in the Patcher.exe

https://ibb.co/pzVvf19

- With that following I also end up with this message when I am trying to play SH5

https://ibb.co/xjZVqKb

Thats everything I can add right now. The game is 100% on the version 1.2.0 (newest one) and I already was in the game. Ubisoft was also closed (fully) while I did the installation, its like that only my game is corrupted. If anybody knows how I can fix this please comment below and idk ping me lol.

Thanks,
Alexander
JuliusAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 12:45 PM   #968
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome Aboard!

JuliusAlexander!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-22-22, 03:04 PM   #969
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

JuliusAlexander, you need to try THEBERBSTER's Uplay Download Version Fix

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 02:51 AM   #970
JuliusAlexander
Swabbie

Downloads: 59
Icon14 TWOS working again

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
JuliusAlexander, you need to try THEBERBSTER's Uplay Download Version Fix

Thank you very much, it finally worked now!
JuliusAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 02:15 PM   #971
Lionfour
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default No Dialogue Box to active the Mega Mod Pack

I have extracted all of the files into the SH5 root folder and when I select New Campaign I see no dialogue box to type-in "silentotto"
Lionfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 12:32 PM   #972
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

take a look under your 2nd post yesterday where I responded with a site addressing the issue. There is no 'box'; simply type silentotto and setup your game levels...it worked for me and I'm a computer illiterate.

Old 07-21-22, 05:01 AM   #973
rainbowjose
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have two questions about as thinks seeming like bugs:
1. Half-sunked ships BEFORE horizon:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/48110...2124930445086/
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=246042
2. Unlimited deck gun ammo. If i am taking control of deck guns thers is always 80 shells, but my team was shooting at airplane like 15 minutes before, same thing with with all external guns/shells.

I am playing on european version, patched to 1.2.0 with TWoS v2.2.24
Old 07-21-22, 09:07 AM   #974
Streitwolf
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Black rectangle covering screen

Just installed the mod and everything else seems to work fine, but theres a black window in the top left, covering up a good part of the entire screen

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/nimra/Desktop/SilentHunter5ScreenShot.png[/IMG]

The cursor and some other windows are shown over it, but i cant move or close it. It only appears when trying to play career or missions, its not there in the main menu. So far ive tried changing resolution setting, multiple restarts and disabled all JSGME mods. Didnt solve it though.

Im using steam version, TWoS 2.2, win10
Anyone know what might be causing this?
Streitwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 09:56 AM   #975
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Streitwolf!