Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-12-21, 03:43 PM   #2416
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
How does playing predominately white submarine crews sinking Asians mesh with your anti-white supremacist ethos?
Being anti-racist is anti-white. Seems so, in your book?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 03:47 PM   #2417
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Being anti-racist is anti-white. Seems so, in your book?
Meh. Give him a break. He wanted so badly to make a point and that was all he had.
Old 09-13-21, 09:46 AM   #2418
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm one of the weird kind
who got Trump on my mind
Day and night
can't be right
He is gone
it ain't fun

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 09:57 AM   #2419
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm one of the weird kind
who got Trump on my mind
Day and night
can't be right
He is gone
it ain't fun

Markus
TMI
Old 09-13-21, 10:15 AM   #2420
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
TMI
I got the idea to this funny limerick when I saw a friend who had Trump and the number 24 as his logo on fb.

Markus

Old 09-13-21, 10:35 AM   #2421
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Whoops! Make that three: King George III oversaw the burning of the White House in the War of 1812...in 1814, as retaliation for an American attack on York,Ontario the previous year!! President Madison did not ever return to live in it for the remainder of his term. His successor, President Monroe, moved in to the renovated abode in 1817.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 12:48 PM   #2422
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Without drastic changes, Democrats are on track to lose big in 2022

Quote:
The marked decline in support for President Biden and his administration nationally and in key swing states indicates that the Democratic Party could endure a blowout defeat in the 2022 midterm elections.
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...g-in-2022?rl=1

Quote:
The Democrats’ 1994 defeat came after they pushed through Congress the then-largest tax increase in history without any Republican support. And in 2010, Democrats lost due in large part to voters’ perception of an ineffective economic stimulus as well as governmental overreach on health care and the economy by the administration and congressional Democrats.
Quote:
Simply put, the current 2022 outlook for Democrats is grim — and it could get even worse.

If the Biden administration continues to push unnecessarily big government spending initiatives and tax increases, along with weak immigration policies and an incoherent foreign policy strategy, Democrats could suffer the most substantial midterm loss of any party in recent history.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 01:27 PM   #2423
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Whoops! Make that three: King George III oversaw the burning of the White House in the War of 1812...in 1814, as retaliation for an American attack on York,Ontario the previous year!! President Madison did not ever return to live in it for the remainder of his term. His successor, President Monroe, moved in to the renovated abode in 1817.
That wasn't in Brad Whitford's lifetime. But it fits comparatively, somewhat (an act of war vs. terrorism, however).
Old 09-13-21, 01:31 PM   #2424
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

@ u crank
It's more than a year before your Midterm election so a lot can happen until then.

I know this from my own countries Denmark and Sweden. Parties who has low percentage win more seats than expected a year before and parties lose seats despite high percentage the year before.

Markus

Old 09-13-21, 01:55 PM   #2425
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
@ u crank
It's more than a year before your Midterm election so a lot can happen until then.
That is true Markus but I see no attempt on the Biden administration's part to change course. If anything they are doubling down on the mistakes that got them in this position.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-13-21, 02:33 PM   #2426
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
That is true Markus but I see no attempt on the Biden administration's part to change course. If anything they are doubling down on the mistakes that got them in this position.
Nothing new here then, it happens in every democracy, a party does not change political course and then they hit the iceberg.

Need more knowledge about Americans inner child, to know if they act same way as most of the European voters do.

There's no doubt that the Dem will use threat to make people vote on them.

Guess they will use the name of the former President as a threat or what will happen if Rep win.

Markus

Old 09-13-21, 09:14 PM   #2427
Arlo
The Old Man

Old 09-14-21, 05:44 AM   #2428
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
He's right, but not for the reason you believe. Trump wouldn't have brought over a single unvetted Afghan before he got all of our own citizens and allied Afghanis out first.

Actually, it's not even fair to compare Trump to Biden since Biden isn't actually in charge of anything. This administration with Biden as a figurehead is full of Obama holdovers who are pulling the strings - and their utter incompetence is on full display.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 09-14-21 at 06:06 AM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 06:25 AM   #2429
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Actually Trump did not care, despite what he says now. We all know he says a lot.

Trump's schedule was for exit by May, 100 days after the inauguration of Biden. When Trump had lost the election he stopped doing anything.

Any responsible administration would have been planning the witdrawal in advance earlier in 2020, if not already extracted at least some allies. Or maybe no one believed Trump meant what he said? I take it that Biden's administration was not briefed in advance, and then discovered that no planning had been done.

The media seem to prefer playing the blame game with the Biden administration, which inherited the problem, rather than asking questions about the Trump administration, which created the timing and terms of withdrawal.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 07:11 AM   #2430
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The media seem to prefer playing the blame game with the Biden administration, which inherited the problem, rather than asking questions about the Trump administration, which created the timing and terms of withdrawal.
Hmm. The Biden administration didn't stick to the terms and timing of the withdrawal set by the Trump administration. The Biden administration had seven months from Jan. 20 till Aug. 30 to plan a safe and orderly withdrawal. The media and the American public are blaming Biden's administration because of the way it was planned and carried out. Trump had no say in it. Biden's people just did a very poor job and deserve all the criticism they are getting.

The hypothetical question to ask though is whether the Biden administration would have orchestrated a withdrawal had the previous administration not planned on one. In a way Trump did Biden a favor and of course everything is still Trump's fault. All is well in the world.

― Arthur C. Clarke