SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-12, 01:02 PM   #421
Capt S.Thompson
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Okay I've been reading alot of the issues people are having to try to figure out mine.I have MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1 installed correctly with TDW NewUI v7.2 and I see the icon for mic in game,but when I try to activate it,it doesn't do anything.I went as far as adjusting the Speech Recognition.py file to make it say this
speech = SHSpeechEngine("en-US")

#globals for switching Speechrecognition on/off
isSpeechRecognitionActive = True

#globals to change confidenceLevel on the fly
currentConfidenceLevel = 0.70
newConfidenceLevel = 0.70

#change decksAwashDepth on the fly
currentDecksAwashDepth = 7.5
And now when I activate the speech recognition in game the button lights up.
but when I speak nothing happens.I'm really getting frustrated now,I've been reading threads for 2 days strait and I can't get this thing working.
I know I probly shouldn't have to adjust any files to get this going so I would appritiate any help.

Is there an issue with the TDW 7.2 version?..I noticed it said test when I downloaded it..I'm really at wits end on this I just want to play the game
Capt S.Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 05:26 AM   #422
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Never tried the voice recognition myself, but welcome aboard, - and I hope you get help sorting it out soon.

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 03:03 PM   #423
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Capt.S.Thompson,
I remember having an almighty issue with speech recog. just as you described. As it was some time ago I can barely remember how I solved it, what actually was causing problems was win 7, it wouldn't automatically recognise that the mic was plugged in. So, what I had to do was ensure the mic was recognised as primary Recording device, then fire up SH5, go to mic icon (in SH5) and click, enable speech recognition, Bingo, but make sure your recording levels are correct before hand, hope it helps and good luck.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 05:52 AM   #424
Capt S.Thompson
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Trigger View Post
Capt.S.Thompson,
I remember having an almighty issue with speech recog. just as you described. As it was some time ago I can barely remember how I solved it, what actually was causing problems was win 7, it wouldn't automatically recognise that the mic was plugged in. So, what I had to do was ensure the mic was recognised as primary Recording device, then fire up SH5, go to mic icon (in SH5) and click, enable speech recognition, Bingo, but make sure your recording levels are correct before hand, hope it helps and good luck.
Regards,
H.T.
yea I am also on win 7.everything seems to be working as far as my mic,I can use the test app with no issues and I even selected listened to mic in the options and I can hear my voice in the game but for some reason the game has no response to any orders.Also I don't understand why I can't activate the mod in game without altering the py file.From what it says on the install instructions,I should just be able to install it and it should work.
Old 12-06-12, 10:20 AM   #425
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt S.Thompson View Post
yea I am also on win 7.everything seems to be working as far as my mic,I can use the test app with no issues and I even selected listened to mic in the options and I can hear my voice in the game but for some reason the game has no response to any orders.Also I don't understand why I can't activate the mod in game without altering the py file.From what it says on the install instructions,I should just be able to install it and it should work.
why do you have to alter the py file?
I never had to. Though I'm not using 7.2 ui, but still..
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 02:34 PM   #426
Capt S.Thompson
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
why do you have to alter the py file?
I never had to. Though I'm not using 7.2 ui, but still..
because the button to activate the mod in game wouldn't do anything otherwise.It was just something I tried to do because I was searching for the reason.
Old 12-06-12, 02:38 PM   #427
Capt S.Thompson
Swabbie

I also tried running the stock version with no other mods and there is no mic icon in game to activate with so I don't know.apparently I'm not meant to have speech software in the game..
Old 12-06-12, 03:42 PM   #428
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

When in game and ui is displayed, from top right hand corner of screen, going down you have icons for Captains Journal, Radio Messages, Automation, etc. at the bottom of that column should be the Mic. icon, if there, click to open, then click button for enable/disable.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 05:07 PM   #429
Capt S.Thompson
Swabbie

2012-12-06_00002.jpg
As I said in my original post..I can see the icon for the mic and when I try to use it, it has no effect

Last edited by Capt S.Thompson; 12-06-12 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-28-12, 05:10 PM   #430
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106

Hi! Did you solve your problem with speech recognition? This may be a bit late, but I have to press that enable button twice to make button to lit up. At first press the game freezes for a sec or two and after that, I must press again to make it work... Don't know if this helps at all and I guess you've allready tried...

Another thing is to edit correct accuracy (or what that's called)in .py file, in test app that is 0,87. I had to lower it because game sound interfered and commands did not apply. Also win7's "training" helped greatly to make commands accurate. Now it works usually like a charm, even giving numerical depth and course orders. At first I had problems with for example "Set new course to 225", which sometimes came to course 025. And sometimes "take us to 40 meters" comes up to 0 meters... But that's rare.
This mod is just pure awesomeness with sobers mod list (including all those outstanding mods) and I really hope you got it working!
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 04:00 AM   #431
thefalcon
Nub

Downloads: 3

Same issue as thompson above? any fixes?
thefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 05:24 AM   #432
Ross59
Watch

Downloads: 627

I am having the same issues. Tried all the suggestions. Running win 7 X64. Hope it gets resolved as it really added an extra feel to it when it did work.
Ross59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 07:54 PM   #433
Art2War
Sailor man

Downloads: 114

Greetings ..

I have been using voice recognition for several years . But after migrating over to Windows 7 ... after each reboot I had to reseat Mic plug .. simply unplug and re-plug .. Windows 7 comes up for confirm actions. Once , in SH5 .. press Mic icon .. voice recog works ..

Here is my Mod list

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.1 - Winter Hotfix #1
sobers smoke screen V1 SH5
sobers water splash anim SH5
sobers best ever fog V22 SH5
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers waves mod V9 09012013
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_Inertia_Damage
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
sobers NO water drops V1
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8
Trevally TDC Help v2
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
sobers no footstep sound mod
sobers DOF V4 SH5
sobers bad weather deck gun V5 SH5
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
Church's NavMap v1.0 - Red Lines
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits v 1.2
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (U-552-Red Devil Emblem) v-1.0.0
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4_english
sobers Lights Cfg V5 SH5

Good luck ..

ciao

Art2war
Art2War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 12:13 PM   #434
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross59 View Post
I am having the same issues. Tried all the suggestions. Running win 7 X64. Hope it gets resolved as it really added an extra feel to it when it did work.
What issue are you having? If you click the microphone icon does the voice window show onscreen (you have to be using my UIs mod for this)?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 03:24 AM   #435
Ross59
Watch

Downloads: 627

Hi DarkWraith
I can click on the microphoe icon and open the vioce recognition options file, but thats as far as it goes. I am unable to activate the mode or change any of the other options, decks awash and confidence level and Load or save appears to do nothing either. Her is my mods list

D3Dfix
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
Speech fixes and additions (english version)

The speach recognition test program works and I have done the speach training to to try for a better succes rate.
Ross59 is offline   Reply With Quote