SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-12, 10:46 AM   #4051
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Much like this reply, just a couple of posts before yours. You need to know what these mods do and what specific files are in them that can change the same files that were previously loaded.

For one thing, the "1_TMO_25small_patch" claims (in its introduction) that it may work, or may not. I wouldn't put a mod into the line-up with that kind of recommendation. What's it change, I don't know. But you should look at every folder/file within it and see if another mod down the list changes the same file. If it does, why load a mod that is rendered useless by the addition of a later added mod?

That medals fix mod by Latency? TMO 2.5 has a medals fix already included. Ducimus was an early contributor to fixing the medals in the game. So am I. My contributions were to change the "order" of distribution......making sure the bottom tier award was given for the least amount of recorded tonage, and so on up the ladder. Also, I put into the game the Navy Commendation Medal and the Pacific Campaign Medal, removing the Medal of Honor and Distinguished Service Medal. Both TMO and OTC fix the medals in their proper order and appearance. What Latency did is simply copy our work. Why include it? For all I know, his doesn't fix the order of distribution which is in a .upc file. If you read the reply I mentioned, you know why .upc files are important to saved games and CTD's

"Small Radar Contacts Stage 1".... I've already included small radar blips with the OTC radar. Why include it?

I don't know about the rest of the list, but then again, it's not my setup. That's why you need to know what's in it because it's your game that's being effected.

After saying this, I highly recommend what BigWalleye told you about the "Large Address Aware" app found HERE. You say "your computer specs are way over what is needed". If you have greater than 2 gig of memory on your system, no matter what the Operating System, you will benefit from the Large Address Aware feature. The app simply tells the older SH4 game to use the additional memory that's on your system. The game doesn't know there is additional memory to be used when its needed. This app sets a flag on the SH4 .exe file to use the additional memory. It's made the game run much better on the computers that have the extra memory. When you say the CTD's occur when you're near a port, it's because there is extra activity there. Ships being rendered, ships animated, and moving about. The port is animated with moving trucks, people. All need extra memory to be rendered.
Thanks for all the info I will try removing the mods which you say are unnessary and I've now downloaded and used the LAA. Now I'll see if there is any improvement.

Windows Vista 32
Intel Quad 2.40
3.0 GB ram
Invidia GT 220 1GB
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-12, 03:18 PM   #4052
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxianFive View Post
Thanks for all the info I will try removing the mods which you say are unnessary and I've now downloaded and used the LAA. Now I'll see if there is any improvement.

Windows Vista 32
Intel Quad 2.40
3.0 GB ram
Invidia GT 220 1GB
Try the 4 Gb Patch in SH4.exe. Is a great patch for use of extra memory.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 04:43 AM   #4053
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2

So far so good. I've been able to get into Tokyo bay but it is night, I've yet to try it by day. Already use 4G patch. G5
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 06:52 AM   #4054
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxianFive View Post
So far so good. I've been able to get into Tokyo bay but it is night, I've yet to try it by day. Already use 4G patch. G5
Congrats! At night or at day...SINK'EM ALL!!!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 06:51 AM   #4055
ghojezz
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 41

hey guys, nice to see you here, i just wanna ask one question, does TMO 2.5 allow us to play "playable surface/battle ship" ?

thanks
ghojezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 02:55 PM   #4056
Liberatus
Seaman

Downloads: 218

Hello
From where can I download TMO 2.0? Link in Silenthuntermods does not exist
Liberatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 03:07 PM   #4057
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberatus View Post
Hello
From where can I download TMO 2.0? Link in Silenthuntermods does not exist
Do you need to go backwards to 2.0? Will 2.5 do?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3001
Old 11-17-12, 03:22 PM   #4058
Liberatus
Seaman

Downloads: 218

I need TMO 2.0
Liberatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 03:44 PM   #4059
re84uk
Nub

Downloads: 8

great mod
re84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 06:00 PM   #4060
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Ok I've encountered an odd bug. I just compleated my 15th patrol, during which I resupplyed at the naval base near Ternate and went to lurk near Manilia Bay. This was late 1943, after sinking 3 more ships I was setting a course for home when I saw my home port had been changed from Freemantle to Pearl Harbour. Then when I looked at the patrol log it showed that the home base had been changed for several days @ 00:00hrs. I didn't think much of it until I went to start my 16th patrol, the breifing stated that my sub was to leave on July 1, 1942!!! So somehow my camaign time-traveled back some 2-3 months and 1 year?! Whats going on? The Twilight Zone comes to SH4...

Edit: I attempted to see if this problem was caused by a corrupted save game but that doesn't seem to be the case. I re-started my 15th patrol after deleting the save game and doing the patrol over again. Once again however the problem occured a second time in the same fashion. Patrol log was spammed with base changed messages and the next patrol was to start on July 1, 1942 even though in-game it was November 17,1943.

Last edited by Kptlt. Neuerburg; 12-06-12 at 12:08 AM.
Kptlt. Neuerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 04:54 PM   #4061
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

You have been introduced to the Baltimore Experiment. A off shoot to the Philadelphia Experiment. Instead of cloaking you time travel.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-12, 05:11 PM   #4062
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
You have been introduced to the Baltimore Experiment. A off shoot to the Philadelphia Experiment. Instead of cloaking you time travel.
I'd rather go back in time then be partly weilded to the deck.
Old 12-25-12, 05:23 PM   #4063
Lonelywolfmother
Watch

Downloads: 117

Hi.

First of all I have to say a big CONGRATULATIONS for this awesome mod

After mi 4th patrol I have been promoted to Commander and one of my officers have gained the skill "Master Engineer" which I find very useful. The problem is that he belongs to the forward torpedo room, and the skill "Master Enginer" requires him to be in the control room or the engines room, but his habilities doesn't fit well with this rooms.

So what can I do? Is there a way to choose which crew members will gain any skill like it was in SH3?

Sorry for the noob question, it is the first time I play seriously SH4 and I don't even know if this is a TMO issue since I never played SH4 without it.

S!
Lonelywolfmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 02:40 AM   #4064
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelywolfmother View Post
First of all I have to say a big CONGRATULATIONS for this awesome mod

After mi 4th patrol I have been promoted to Commander and one of my officers have gained the skill "Master Engineer" which I find very useful. The problem is that he belongs to the forward torpedo room, and the skill "Master Enginer" requires him to be in the control room or the engines room, but his habilities doesn't fit well with this rooms.

So what can I do? Is there a way to choose which crew members will gain any skill like it was in SH3?

Sorry for the noob question, it is the first time I play seriously SH4 and I don't even know if this is a TMO issue since I never played SH4 without it.
I also like what Ducimus has done with TMO. Fantastic MOD!

Not a noob question but actually a good one.

There are some crew configuration files that specify starting Crew Names, Ranks, skills etc.
I think it also specifies what special abilities each crew member can possibly obtain as well.
I think Operation Monsuen edits these files for German Crew members but not sure if any other MODS touch those files for Allied Crew Members.

I am currently in my Motorhome outside my sisters house for hollidays and dont have SHIV installed on this laptop, so I am unable to provide and details.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-13, 09:18 PM   #4065
salac_78
Seaman

Downloads: 106
Default Radar range

How do u find radar range in newer subs(tambor and later).Is there some submod that brings back range on the ppi scope?
salac_78 is offline   Reply With Quote