SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-08, 12:15 PM   #14
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
[
You may want to check if the mobo supports SLI and crossfire. That way if you ever need to add more video power, all you'll need is another vidcard. I've been thinking about adding a 3rd GeForce 8800 GTS 512 and get 3-way SLI going on mine.

Other than that, I think you'll be quite pleased with what you are getting.

What OS are you getting on this rig?
Well I've been doing some research on the SLI. the Best vid cards are the one you have posted here for that setup.

The GTX280 does slightly poorer when SLI is used for some games.

So I balance out the research from various sites testing ATI and Nvidia cards.

Over all and for future possible prospect in my eye GTX280 solo will be enough for the budget and power I need. Later in a year or two I might see again what happens when all the driver issues are worked out.

I was almost going to take 2 of your type cards instead of GTX280 but I want to look at the long run. If and when they fix the drivers and who knows the vid cards firmwares maybe SLI will run more efficently for the GTX280.

I'm not much a fan for ATI but I was very much considering their latest cards. Value for the buck and performancewise.:hmm:

The motherboard is a intel and has nForce in it.

Exact specs are limited because they don't say what brand. Its a dell motherboard I get that. They told me they get the parts from NVidia and intel stuff like that and assemble it.

Slots
PCIe X 16 Gen 2 – 2 slots
PCIe x 16 – 1 slot
PCIe x 1 – 2 slots
PCI – 2 slot

Front: USB 2.0 (x2), 1394a (x1), (1) headphone out, (1) microphone in, optional 19-in-1 media card reader
Rear (Audio connectors): S/PDIF Audio Out(Coax and Optical), microphone, line-in, line-out, center/LFE, Rear Surround, Side Surround
Rear(Other): USB 2.0 (x6), 1394a (x1), eSATA (x1), PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard, Gigabit Ethernet (x2)

To start for now and within my budget this computer is the best. Plus I've been a good client of theirs for over a decade and I get some perks too.

It comes with Vista Premium...

I have Vista 32 ultimate, but I might consider getting 64bit version...

Last edited by Wolfehunter; 10-04-08 at 12:33 PM.
Wolfehunter is offline   Reply With Quote