Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-17, 09:29 PM   #76
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I'm not at all trying to take a cheap shot at you or attack you, but this surprises me coming from a European. Its the type of stuff you hear here in the USA. However, there are people that continually push for these stricter laws and seem to be blind to the fact that they are not working. The strictest gun laws in the country are in Chicago...
This same argument has been trotted out for the past several years and it is, like The Donald, sad, tired, weak, and false:

Chicago toughest on gun control? A claim shot full of holes --

http://www.politifact.com/illinois/s...ot-full-holes/

<O>
Old 10-04-17, 07:47 AM   #77
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Pfft, what's the point in even discussing it anymore? Nothing will change. If it was going to change it would have done so before now, so it won't, not even when the death count tops a hundred in a future shooting. So save your energy. It just isn't worth it.
British statistics indicated 454 acid attacks in 2016 and incidents appears to be rising. Lets look at the source of this new fad and try to solve that one.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 09:50 AM   #78
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
This same argument has been trotted out for the past several years and it is, like The Donald, sad, tired, weak, and false:
So maybe the laws aren't the strictest in Chicago, but I can personally attest that the state of Illinois in general has very strict gun laws compared to many other states.
Old 10-04-17, 12:04 PM   #79
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
British statistics indicated 454 acid attacks in 2016 and incidents appears to be rising. Lets look at the source of this new fad and try to solve that one.
Would love to, hopefully the ban of sales of acid to under-18s will make some kind of dent, also a limit of sales of sulfuric acid since not only can it be used in acid attacks but is also an ingredient in some bombs.
Of course, the problem with banning anything to under-18s is the same as alcohol and cigarettes, they'll just get someone over the age of 18 to buy it for them since gangs are comprised of people of multiple ages.
I'd be interested to see if any other European countries are facing this problem, and if not then examine what the differences are between them and us, and why it's become such a problem in the UK and not elsewhere.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 12:36 PM   #80
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

You can take away anything and everything you like from law abiding citizens, that's easy. Now mom cant send her child to the store because of his age. But it doesn't in anyway shape or form affect the demented extremists or address the cause or cure why people commit such heinous acts against another to begin with. They just move on to the next weapon or start making their own.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 01:26 PM   #81
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I don't want to remind us of this, but it keeps coming up everytime one of these events happen.

If the US Congress outlaws hammers it's going to cause a lot of people to be out of work

Although hammers and things like hammers exceed the rifles, they are far less than handguns,
which are the most popular weapon of choice, by a wide margin.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-tha...guns-in-the-US
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 01:41 PM   #82
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You can take away anything and everything you like from law abiding citizens, that's easy. Now mom cant send her child to the store because of his age. But it doesn't in anyway shape or form affect the demented extremists or address the cause or cure why people commit such heinous acts against another to begin with. They just move on to the next weapon or start making their own.
So because you can't stop something you shouldn't try? I mean, I guess that's true about the conversation on gun control, there's no point trying to have one.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 01:58 PM   #83
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Can't catch the bad guy? Go after an innocent guy. Problem solved, statistics saved, easy living, way to go! And even if the illusion lived for just one day, then it nevertheless has lived!

Last edited by Skybird; 10-04-17 at 02:13 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 02:16 PM   #84
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

News is saying the shooter was using legal semi autos with "bump stocks" I didn't know such a thing existed. I cant see how such a device that turns a weapon into a full auto can be legal. I'm guessing they won't be for long.
Old 10-04-17, 03:25 PM   #85
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

As far as i know, you can buy all kinds of weapons, even automatic ones but then with a limited magazine. And what a blacksmith does with any weapon after you bought it is of no concern to the seller. They even give you tips of how to do it, or whom to contact for those special changes.
They also tell you how you get it through the customs, if you buy a gun in a state that has less prohibitive laws, and you want to get it home into your own state. They also give those tips to buyers from abroad.

But that should not be the question, after all they say it's not the tool but the man. The man could have used a truck and killed quite as much.
I just wonder what this shooter had in mind; what was going on in his head

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 03:45 PM   #86
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
News is saying the shooter was using legal semi autos with "bump stocks" I didn't know such a thing existed. I cant see how such a device that turns a weapon into a full auto can be legal. I'm guessing they won't be for long.
It has to do with the wording of the laws.

These bump stocks are clearly not guns of themselves so the manufacturer can freely manufacture them. I am sure there is some small print somewhere informing the customer that this is sold as a novelty product only and that the customer is not supposed to do anything naughty.

The obvious problem with this is that once the customer decides to assemble an illegal weapon it is likely that the customer does not really care that much about breaking some law.

Even if the wording of the laws are changed, the manufactures will find someway to get around the wording.

Brass knuckles are now sold as "paperweights" and various nasty hand held bladed weapons are marketed as "ice scrapers".

What's the solution? I dunno.
Old 10-04-17, 03:50 PM   #87
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have lost count of what happened that late Sunday evening in Las Vegas. I have lost count in what have happened so far since that terrible terror attack.

Several times per day I see link from what I call non-main stream media and some link from what I call main-stream media.

It's looks like some of these non-main stream wants to make him into a Muslim.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 03:52 PM   #88
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
As far as i know, you can buy all kinds of weapons, even automatic ones but then with a limited magazine.
Depends on the state. In some states machine guns can be bought but I believe at a hefty tax.
Old 10-04-17, 03:56 PM   #89
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Probably all the vile false stuff the fake mainstream media has been spewing about Trump and Trump supporters for the last nine months.

Last edited by em2nought; 10-04-17 at 03:57 PM. Reason: exound gotta add fake & mainstream to media
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 04:27 PM   #90
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
It's not that it makes the gun full auto. Basically, it allows the gun itself to slide backwards and a spring pushes it back forwards.....and therefore into your finger.

The gun is not fully automatic as there is still one round per trigger pull, but the rate of the trigger pulls goes up substantially.

Quote:
And what a blacksmith does with any weapon after you bought it is of no concern to the seller. They even give you tips of how to do it, or whom to contact for those special changes.
They also tell you how you get it through the customs, if you buy a gun in a state that has less prohibitive laws, and you want to get it home into your own state. They also give those tips to buyers from abroad.
An honest gunsmith will do none of those things without verifying that the proper licensing and paperwork is cleared.

Quote:
But that should not be the question, after all they say it's not the tool but the man. The man could have used a truck and killed quite as much.
This is true. I think it's entirely just because the American public is not educated well enough on the topic. It's very easy to say "guns are bad and scary" and play hero trying to outlaw them.

Tags
shooter