SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-21, 07:46 AM   #121
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
for the guys playing Toyotag86. Post your mod list. I was just curious to see if anyone is trying other mods. Here's mine :

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SHIII GWX FHD 86 enhanced\MODS]

Sh3 Volumetric Clouds&Fog v2.2
Effect upgrade pack for 86 enhanced MOD
M.E.P v6 - FSF
GWX - Alternative Flotillas (the 3rd)
hello Doolar
why are you using M.E.P v6 - FSF since this mod is already in it ...
now volumetric clouds works really well with you ... because with me I find that it needs to be adjusted. But it works ... if i'm deciding i will take a closer look ... can you give me feedback on it..thank you kindly KM_U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 09:43 AM   #122
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Sh3 volumetric clouds&fog v2.2 Modified

Personally, I'm not "pissed off" I took Alex's one it's really good no problem for the moment ... compile to that of the 16km atmosphere mod of U-73 v2 it's NKL ..
Old 12-11-21, 11:21 AM   #123
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default re

Kal Maximus, I had an issue with the dreaded Flat Sun, once, so I experimented with the MEP6 FSF. It seamed to work just fine. Funny I had never noticed the Flat Sun before. I think I'm going to remove it, to see if it was a one time issue. I use an AMD Graphics card, by the way. I know nVidia Cards have some issues with the, I believe with the Antiasliasing being too high, giving a Flat Sun, but I'm not aware of that issue with AMD cards. I'll let you know how that works out. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

As for the Sh3 volumetric clouds&fog v2.2. I haven't had any issues with that mod. I used it in my GWX3 days and really love the added effects it gives. I didn't know it might need adjusting. I don't have a clue on how to do this anyway. So I went experimenting again, applied it via JSGME and it works fine, or to me it seems fine. I think it adds another dimension, a visual dimension, to an already beautiful environmental mod like MEP6. Jerry CA45
Old 12-11-21, 06:22 PM   #124
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default Update

OK, so here's an update from my previous post:

I removed the MEP6 FSF Mod and I no longer have the Flat Sun issue. Not sure why I had an issue in the first place. I was thinking it might have been caused by the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod, so I removed that too. I don't have a grasp on mod interactions, so I experiment a lot (trial and error). I really haven't really messed with SHIII in about 10 days, so I haven't been able to test it thoroughly. I too have been dealing with computer problems. With that out of the way, I've been play'n/ testing most of the day. As for the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod, I noticed that with it activated, when I was watching my boat in the external view for more then 30 minutes the Fog and clouds would disappear and then I would CTD. I don't see why so I'm going to mess around with that a bit more. I figured since it worked with GWX3 and MEP6 it should work here too. Well maybe not. As mentioned before, I think that the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod was a environmental mod game changer. I would humbly request that the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod be incorporated into TOYOTAG86, in a future release.
Old 12-12-21, 10:55 AM   #125
torpille
Planesman

Downloads: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Personally, I'm not "pissed off" I took Alex's one it's really good no problem for the moment ... compile to that of the 16km atmosphere mod of U-73 v2 it's NKL ..
kal ,
can you tell me where is it please ?
Old 12-12-21, 01:55 PM   #126
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpille View Post
kal ,
can you tell me where is it please ?
Where and what ..? if you want volumetric & clouds go to the download section otherwise take the file Onealaex mod this file is in
D: \ Sh3 \ SilentHunterIIIGWXOaE \ data \ scene.sim (for me it's here ...)

scene.sim take this one .. and introduce it in the Toyotagt86 mod
Old 12-12-21, 02:12 PM   #127
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default Thanx

Thanx Kal, I will use this one.
Old 12-12-21, 02:26 PM   #128
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
OK, so here's an update from my previous post:

I removed the MEP6 FSF Mod and I no longer have the Flat Sun issue. Not sure why I had an issue in the first place. I was thinking it might have been caused by the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod, so I removed that too. I don't have a grasp on mod interactions, so I experiment a lot (trial and error). I really haven't really messed with SHIII in about 10 days, so I haven't been able to test it thoroughly. I too have been dealing with computer problems. With that out of the way, I've been play'n/ testing most of the day. As for the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod, I noticed that with it activated, when I was watching my boat in the external view for more then 30 minutes the Fog and clouds would disappear and then I would CTD. I don't see why so I'm going to mess around with that a bit more. I figured since it worked with GWX3 and MEP6 it should work here too. Well maybe not. As mentioned before, I think that the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod was a environmental mod game changer. I would humbly request that the SH3 Volumetric clouds&fog Mod be incorporated into TOYOTAG86, in a future release.
Hey Jerry...
play well .. you were right to get rid of Mep 6 as well as the volumetric clouds because for me that did not give me very good results ... changing the environment is never very cool. .. it can destabilize certain value of said mod ... especially the detection in terms of volumetric clouds I had bad cloud formations with clipping .. especially ready for the sides ... as I said it have to adjust after that depends on a lot of other parameters Rubini explains it on one of these threads I don't know where ... but there is a way to do a good thing for those who want to spend time on it .. see all this using the S3D tool ..
now for your Flat sun problem I have already had this problem is I am on NVIDIA ... I advise you to deactivate all your AA filters the SS Sampl finally all that is suceptible to filter the textures then enter your game to adjust as you go .. is observed ... each change you make .. but be careful to try several hours of the day in the game I do it on 48 hours every 2 hours watch your weather watch everything. . it takes time .. i warn you .. but when things are running ... it's always better no .... what the **** you don't have inspector nvdia ... for AMD i don't know i AMD advises against it heats up too much and consumes more as well as MSI these are brands that I do not like at all ... here Jerry have fun. Friendly KM_U669
Old 12-12-21, 02:32 PM   #129
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thanx Kal, I will use this one.
I recommend you to start a new career ...
Old 12-12-21, 04:22 PM   #130
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default re

Absolutely Since I messed with my install so much. Tonight I'm going to delete and reinstall. I have probably broke other things along the way. Thanx for your help.
Old 12-12-21, 06:56 PM   #131
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Absolutely Since I messed with my install so much. Tonight I'm going to delete and reinstall. I have probably broke other things along the way. Thanx for your help.
hey Jerry you see what it gives ...

Old 12-12-21, 08:47 PM   #132
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default Re

oh yeah, I see. That is definitely not very pleasant to look at. I never had anything close to that. Again, not sure, but it might have hosed my sun, forcing me to try to fix that, probably hosing something else. The domino effect, you know ? The worst I got was, The volumetric fog disappearing, leaving a blue empty sky, followed by a CTD. I'm going to reinstall Toyotag86 and leave the experimenting to the pros ... LOL, and thanx again Jerry CA45
Old 12-15-21, 10:11 AM   #133
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon9 Effect upgrade pack

Effect upgrade pack for 86 enhanced ...
Hello Toyotagt86 or is it passing I do not see it anymore because without it I do not like it too much..this mods and essential and should be optional in your mods it is one of the essentials
THX a see soon
Old 12-15-21, 07:13 PM   #134
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
oh yeah, I see. That is definitely not very pleasant to look at. I never had anything close to that. Again, not sure, but it might have hosed my sun, forcing me to try to fix that, probably hosing something else. The domino effect, you know ? The worst I got was, The volumetric fog disappearing, leaving a blue empty sky, followed by a CTD. I'm going to reinstall Toyotag86 and leave the experimenting to the pros ... LOL, and thanx again Jerry CA45
Hey Jerry ...
I will contact you soon ..
That's it, I have it

Amazing good clouds...

Old 12-16-21, 06:48 AM   #135
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default About the effect upgrade pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Effect upgrade pack for 86 enhanced ...
Hello Toyotagt86 or is it passing I do not see it anymore because without it I do not like it too much..this mods and essential and should be optional in your mods it is one of the essentials
THX a see soon
Hi Kal_Maximus_U669
Because my poor Internet I can not login the Mediafire now,I will send you the Effect upgrade mod as soon as possible
Also after my debug, the Version 2 seems works well with ARB Gui now, It already merged with the effect upgrade mod, I will upload it as soon as possible

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote