Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-11-22, 08:35 PM   #3646
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

So, a quick update.

Saw the Neuro again yesterday. My suspicion that he got cold feet turned out to be right. He thinks I'm just too young (by several years) to quit the MS meds entirely. I've already switched from one type of Interferon to a (basically the same) "off label" version.
What's new is that I'll be switching again to one of the pills (I'm mis-spelling it on purpose to avoid the bots) called "Tech Federra" sometime next month after I use up all of my needles.

I'm already planning a steak dinner for the night of my last needle then I take a two week "vacation" and clean out before I start the pills.

Once that starts, I can finally go on a diet and drop 10-15 lbs since I won't need the "shot acreage" any more (Interferon and muscle tissue is NOT a happy combination).

So, it isn't the best news but I'm still smiling. I figure another 4-5 years of a pill a day is better than having nothing change.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 08:35 PM   #3647
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Overseeing the workers replacing forty feet of fencing at the rear of the property because at a cost to me of £1350 I need it doing correctly.
I was going to say that's less than we're paying, but let's see ...

£1350 ≈ $1653
$1653 ÷ 40 ft. ≈ $41/ft. (≈ £33/ft.)

Ouch.

We're getting ~181 ft. of fence replaced after a strong wind blew it down. One of my neighbors is doing the job for $4900 (≈ £4,003).

$4900 ÷ 181 ft. ≈ $27/ft. (≈ £22/ft.)

I guess we're getting a good deal. But he's giving us a discount because we're neighbors. I wonder what the price difference for lumber is between the U.S. and U.K.

[The section that is facing the other way actually belonged to another neighbor, so he paid to replace that.]

Old 05-12-22, 09:04 AM   #3648
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
I was going to say that's less than we're paying, but let's see ...

£1350 ≈ $1653
$1653 ÷ 40 ft. ≈ $41/ft. (≈ £33/ft.)

Ouch.

We're getting ~181 ft. of fence replaced after a strong wind blew it down. One of my neighbors is doing the job for $4900 (≈ £4,003).

$4900 ÷ 181 ft. ≈ $27/ft. (≈ £22/ft.)

I guess we're getting a good deal. But he's giving us a discount because we're neighbors. I wonder what the price difference for lumber is between the U.S. and U.K.
Add on the airfare and travel expenses for me to hire your neighbour and my deal looks the best

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 02:31 PM   #3649
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
So, a quick update.

Saw the Neuro again yesterday. My suspicion that he got cold feet turned out to be right. He thinks I'm just too young (by several years) to quit the MS meds entirely. I've already switched from one type of Interferon to a (basically the same) "off label" version.
What's new is that I'll be switching again to one of the pills (I'm mis-spelling it on purpose to avoid the bots) called "Tech Federra" sometime next month after I use up all of my needles.

I'm already planning a steak dinner for the night of my last needle then I take a two week "vacation" and clean out before I start the pills.

Once that starts, I can finally go on a diet and drop 10-15 lbs since I won't need the "shot acreage" any more (Interferon and muscle tissue is NOT a happy combination).

So, it isn't the best news but I'm still smiling. I figure another 4-5 years of a pill a day is better than having nothing change.

Yes I've reached the age when I wonder - when people ask how I am - whether to say "How long have you got?" My body seems to be becoming an atlas of afflictions
Old 05-12-22, 05:39 PM   #3650
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

avoid sex, alcohol, motorcycles, step ladders and parachute lessons. Not necessarily in that order. You'll add 18 months to your lifespan! Avoid diets since you'll need to avoid starving to death in WWIII, global warming and Covid 20,21 & 23. Living off yer hump is a critical concept! To misquote the late great Negro League pitcher, Satchel Paige: "don't look back..its already gaining on U! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_...consensual_sex Talkin' 'bout "big bang theory" here! https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ult-falls.html I'm not kidding about step ladders!
and a rather large # of guys in their 60's die on their Sunday Harley Davidson outings on scenic curvy Napa Back-roads
https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...018-story.html
Quote:
National statistics on motorcycle fatalities show a curious trend: Whereas in 1975, 80 percent of motorcycle fatalities involved riders 29 years old or younger, now the age group with the most fatalities is 50 and older, at 35 percent, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a nonprofit highway safety research group funded by auto insurance companies. Ninety-one percent of those killed in 2015 were male.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-12-22 at 05:57 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 06:08 PM   #3651
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ avoid motorcycles ? Nevah !!!!! The biggest fear and dangers we motorcyclists have are these silly little twits who can't keep their hands off of their phones while driving. Texting kills.

Life's pleasures. Motorcycles, a good cigar and a good bottle of Cognac. A good lady to share the motorcycles and cognac with are equally good too.
I think it's a great idea if older motorcyclists periodically take motorcycle safety courses, regularly. The idea is to not only not take stupid chances but train yourself to deal with the unexpected and train yourself to continually look for escape routes while driving.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 06:13 PM   #3652
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's not about how long you have lived, but how you lived your life.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 06:17 PM   #3653
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
^ avoid motorcycles ? Nevah !!!!! The biggest fear we motorcyclists have are these silly little twits who can't keep their hands off of their phones while driving. Texting kills.

Life's pleasures. Motorcycles, a good cigar and a good bottle of Cognac. A good lady to share the motorcycles and cognac with are equally good too.
I think it's a great idea if older motorcyclists periodically take motorcycle safety courses, regularly. The idea is to not only not take stupid chances but train yourself to deal with the unexpected and train yourself to continually look for escape routes while driving.
Keep the Cigar and the Cognac; but lose that big motorcycle Momma Logging 3 straight years 355+ daze-a-year on the Hwys. of 'Merika in the 70's on a sleeper team for Midwestern Distribution, Fort Scott; with two more intra-state and local; I noted that the ignorance of my just-outta-driving-school codriver and crazy drivers everywhere would be the main issue as "the leading cause of death is other people"... even before cell phones.. I was the driver sent out to handle company wrecks throughout N. Amerika, salvage cargo and make the arrangement for the deceased driver(s). An eighteen wheeler is essentially a huge 80,000 lb motorcycle: ie high & narrow; one wheel group set in front; and one set way in back back. In either case, big or small, gravity, speed, stupidity and #1 cause: falling asleep at the wheel are the cause of disaster.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-12-22 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-12-22, 10:29 PM   #3654
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ Those sport bikes are dangerous.

I instead stick to my " old Man " cruisers with creature comforts including " running boards. " My cruisers are plenty fast and powerful. For me, it's about the ride and riding safely, not the speed.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 05-12-22 at 11:22 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 01:57 AM   #3655
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

99 percent of accidents and deaths happen at home.
I'd advise to stay away from it

re ET2SN
Quote:
"Saw the Neuro again yesterday. My suspicion that he got cold feet turned out to be right. He thinks I'm just too young (by several years) to quit the MS meds entirely. I've already switched from one type of Interferon to a (basically the same) "off label" version.
What's new is that I'll be switching again to one of the pills (I'm mis-spelling it on purpose to avoid the bots) called "Tech Federra" sometime next month after I use up all of my needles."
No idea of your age, but you got some kind of a betaferon i guess?
Asked my Neuro the same yesterday and he also advised to get on with medication for a year or two, thogh with another stuff. Have to get infusions two times a year, so it does not interfere so much with the life, but they take 7 hours .

@Eichhörnchen, i see what you mean, or better i feel it

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 06:08 AM   #3656
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

The Red Arrows are supposed to be stooging around here about now (over The Wash). No sign of them so far but I'm ready with a camera
Old 06-03-22, 09:59 AM   #3657
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

^ I didn't see or hear the Red Arrows but I did get to see the flypast typhoons returning to base at Coningsby - watching from my front garden

Today, after seeing several youths fail miserably on the coconut shy at the local jubilee fair, I smashed one into tiny pieces with my second ball (I needed the first to get my eye in). And to prove it here is my prize

Old 06-03-22, 11:28 AM   #3658
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Jubilee beacon at Frampton last night and just across the fields from here. This was taken by a friend & neighbour who went to see it being lit

Old 06-03-22, 11:53 AM   #3659
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon12 shy of a load & completely ...coconuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
^ I didn't see or hear the Red Arrows but I did get to see the flypast typhoons returning to base at Coningsby - watching from my front garden

Today, after seeing several youths fail miserably on the coconut shy at the local jubilee fair, I smashed one into tiny pieces with my second ball (I needed the first to get my eye in). And to prove it here is my prize

Prince Louis did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Jubilee beacon at Frampton last night and just across the fields from here. This was taken by a friend & neighbour who went to see it being lit

Last lit in 1588 as the Armada neared the mucky murky depths of the Fens!

Old 06-03-22, 12:35 PM   #3660
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

There's no place muckier and murkier than my part of the Fens