SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-11, 10:46 AM   #361
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

*sees Tarrasue slip back in, then turns and counts to make sure everyone else that should be there is*

Pioneer, Task Force. Move the food they dumped here into the Bunkhouses, if you please. I have no idea what the the Jerries are up to, but it can't be good.

*approaches Tarrasque and whispers*

Did you find anything interesting outside?
Old 06-26-11, 10:49 AM   #362
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 22

Hauptmann Rear inspects the vicinity of the attack.

"It looks like they were shooting in all directions...I'd guess they got about ten rounds off each before they were pulverised."

Rear liked that word...pulverised...yes

"We must act quickly, Oberst. What are your orders?"

Rear is online  
Old 06-26-11, 10:51 AM   #363
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

"Nothing of much use to us Sir. The guard tower by the boat was unguarded when I reach it. Clearly they must not man it all the time.

The Jerry bastards have ransacked the boat it self. There's not much left there. I did find this however..."

*Shows the bottle of rum*

"I thought of distributing it amongst the men to boost morale?"
Old 06-26-11, 10:55 AM   #364
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Hauptmann...shut up! and get Nisgeis over here and schnell!

Oberfeldwebel take the Gefreiter with you to the camp and check the camp to make sure they're all there and check for anything unnusual or suspicious...but do not say a word to them UNDERSTOOD!

Schütze Engima and Warhawk search the castle!
Old 06-26-11, 10:55 AM   #365
Raptor1
Navy Seal

They were not guarding the sub? That's interesting, they must be more overstretched than we thought. Did you see anything else there? Small watercraft or docking facilities? I'd still like to know how the Jerries are getting supplied...

*looks at the bottle of rum*

Good find. I don't want the crew to get too drunk, but that can certainly help to boost morale. We should probably ratio...Wait, are we sure it's not planted there by the Germans? Could be poisoned. Have we any way to test it?
Old 06-26-11, 11:00 AM   #366
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

*Harras pauses at the edge of the woods, he looks back towards the castle and hears the alarms going off. He barks once and then disappears into the forest, never to be seen again?*
Old 06-26-11, 11:07 AM   #367
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

“My word! Three in one go? That is an amazing achievement. A clumsy arrangement of the remains… lacking in style… no sense of aesthetics. But what power! Three in one go, or perhaps… not…”

Nisgeis knelt by the mass of bloody mess and started to separate the chunks of flesh turning the pile of flesh into three neat rows, each with the former contents of each victim.

“Now Gentleman, for the examination! By careful application of science, we should be able to determine whether this is the work of one magnificient beast, or the work of two or more. The distance between the claw marks etcetera should be able to tell us some information about numbers. No two beasts will have identical claws and therefore would leave dissimilar claw marks, likewise with their teeth, just like a human.”

Nisgeis took out a small pair of callipers and a rule and proceeded to measure the width between the claw and teeth marks, the depth of the puncture wounds and the spacing between them, in order to determine whether this was the work of one beast of more.

“There are a lot of wounds, so this may take some time. When finished I will compare my findings here with that of Bakkels’ wounds.”

Nisgeis proceeded to work on the remains, looking forward to the results of his examination.
Old 06-26-11, 11:09 AM   #368
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

*Shrugs, opens the bottle, sniffs it then takes a small mouthful.*

"Seems OK sir."
Old 06-26-11, 11:17 AM   #369
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
The British run pell-mell from the bunkhouse to stare through the fence at the castle. "What's Jerry on about now?" asked Sailor Lord Justice.

"No idea," replied Petty Officer Jumbuna. "But those Krauts better not have shot our Yank. He owes me 10 quid."
Jimbuna scratched his head deep in thought then winced as he inadvertantly touched the spot that was sore.

The pain brought with it the sudden realisation that he still had the lucky talisman given to him at the end of his last shore leave by his mother, a six inch long paper knift crafted from pure silver.

The paper knife was held by a couple of stitches behind the lapel of his tunic, it was extremely sharp and had a wicked bayonet-like point at it's end and had obviously been overlooked by the guards, probably because he had been knocked unconscious almost at the first point of contact with the Germans and therefore not deemed to be that much of a threat to his captors.

'I may have a need for my talisman after all' he thought to himself.

Jimbuna turns to LJ and says "Well, whatever the commotion is should make another interesting day of things. Got any fags (cigarettes) on ya"?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-26-11, 11:21 AM   #370
Raptor1
Navy Seal

*waits a couple of minutes to see if Tarrasque collapses on the floor*

...Excellent. Hide it before the Germans see it, we shall distribute it to the men later.
Old 06-26-11, 11:36 AM   #371
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Hearing the commotion and shouting from the castle.

Those Jerries are certainly on about something. Think it could have anything to do with our Yank friend?

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-26-11, 11:48 AM   #372
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

"Oh and sir? However they're getting their supplies, it doesn't seem to be from where the Terrific is. It's just a beaching point, an old metal grating and a few pilings.

Seems to be nothing there to indicate that they use it for anything particularly."
Old 06-26-11, 11:55 AM   #373
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Hearing the commotion and shouting from the castle.

Those Jerries are certainly on about something. Think it could have anything to do with our Yank friend?
"Well whatever it is they certainly appear to have been well and truly spooked...perhaps their Colonel is panicking over them howling noises we hear from time to time or has literally sh!t himself with fright!!"

Old 06-26-11, 12:04 PM   #374
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna has a thought 'If only someone could get into the castle and have a scout around...the chapel would be a good place to start...if you got caught you could tell them your deeply religious and felt the need to pray'.

Old 06-26-11, 12:11 PM   #375
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrasque View Post
"Oh and sir? However they're getting their supplies, it doesn't seem to be from where the Terrific is. It's just a beaching point, an old metal grating and a few pilings.

Seems to be nothing there to indicate that they use it for anything particularly."
I see, we'll just have to keep looking. Good work, anyway.