SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-20, 04:09 PM   #76
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1484
Uploads: 0
SHO

I don't mind a performance hit as its not too bad. When you are in the cruise mode and you are in the wardroom and reading Battle Surface it just makes life great. When you have to stay home and have time to make the long journey to the patrol zone.

JeffG
Old 05-12-20, 09:07 PM   #77
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... besides the fact that the game was designed to run at 30fps... I do see a performance "hit", but I have never gone below 42fps with the mod, even when it was busy outside the boat, and I've got an old Core 2 Duo quad-core with 8gig of ram with an old 560Ti with what? 512k of RAM?? I don't know if it impacts the game when not viewing the interior, but I have not noticed any difference, though I do know of at least two people that do experience issues on their computers when it is loaded, but those problems might be from something else, like the base FotRSU mod, or their computers...

Currently running at 60 fps constant (Vsynch=ON), and until now FOTRSU doesn't mess-up the day/night cycle. I use TC x2048 between Pearl Harbour and Marshall Islands to speed up with no units or whatever in-sight. When I did play TMO+OTF, at some point day/night got messed-up in that the 'red light' in the sub got only turned off at 10.30 AM, and the 3D-world showed the sun rise which must be wrong, so I guess that the 60 fps had a bad influence. Up to now, I didn't see that in FOTRSU.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-12-20 at 09:16 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 08:31 AM   #78
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

update 18.5.20 - Gar, Tench added, updated for FOTRSU 1.1

s-boat under construction

vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 10:49 AM   #79
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Many thanks Vickers! Awesome.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 11:42 AM   #80
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
update 18.5.20 - Gar, Tench added, updated for FOTRSU 1.1

s-boat under construction

(picture above)

WOW, I never hoped to see this transition at work, superb, amazing, thanks for sharing

XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 04:29 PM   #81
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Downloads: 511

Vickers, I had to eliminate the s boat folder in the zip file, since when I mount the mod, the s class control room is messed up. Maybe because it is not finished I guess. I m writing here in case you know something more.
Old 05-18-20, 06:30 PM   #82
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Vickers, I had to eliminate the s boat folder in the zip file, since when I mount the mod, the s class control room is messed up. Maybe because it is not finished I guess. I m writing here in case you know something more.
thanks for the tip, didn't know i left it in there

link fixed
Old 05-26-20, 12:47 PM   #83
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 469
Default F9 key not working

This mod is great. Only thing I noticed is previously the F9 key took me to the conning tower, now it takes me to the control room. IS the keystroke changed for the conning tower?

EDIT : ok figured it out.. it was me.. With the interior mod and open hatches the conning tower and control room are now one large contiguous room. Wherever I am in either space when I leave ,(like go to the bridge) when I hit F2 it takes me back to the spot I was in the control room / conning tower that I left from.

Last edited by 4H_Ccrashh; 05-26-20 at 02:51 PM.
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 01:35 PM   #84
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Default Captains Name Plate

I'm trying to change the name on the Skipper's cabin to mine. I edit the .dds file but when I save it, it has not changed in the game.

There are many formats of .dds to choose from. Which one is correct? I'm using the free paint.net. I can tell the file won't work when I compare the file size of the one I'm working on the the original I saved the file size changes.

Same issue trying to put my wife's picture on the Captain's desk.

Full admit here,, I'm not an editing genius. I thought open the image ,, edit and save as .dds would be as easy as it sounds.

Last edited by 4H_Ccrashh; 05-26-20 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-26-20, 05:22 PM   #85
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Captains Name Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh View Post
I'm trying to change the name on the Skipper's cabin to mine. I edit the .dds file but when I save it, it has not changed in the game.

There are many formats of .dds to choose from. Which one is correct? I'm using the free paint.net. I can tell the file won't work when I compare the file size of the one I'm working on the the original I saved the file size changes.

Same issue trying to put my wife's picture on the Captain's desk.

Full admit here,, I'm not an editing genius. I thought open the image ,, edit and save as .dds would be as easy as it sounds.
Like you, I too, must confess... am not exactly well versed in editing either.

To be quite frank about it, am like a hand with all thumbs when it comes to it... some editing I do, is just following by rote what some one else has laid out in mapping what to do exactly & diagrams it out with pics to boot.

That aside, I did ask about what to use to do editing to the correct .dds file to be tinkering about with, and was told that gimp was the tool to use to do so with.
Old 05-26-20, 05:47 PM   #86
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

I have Gimp.. Not much experience with it.

I tried Gimp after reading your post and have the same issue.. When I try to save as .dds the list of .dds formats to save is as long as my arm.. None of them save the file as the same size..

An immediate flag that it "ain't gonna work"

I still tried them after each attempt to save... no joy..

Somebody must have figured this out.

On the plus side... Gives me an excuse to hide in the "Doghouse" (my office) and drink beer.
Old 05-27-20, 04:52 AM   #87
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have Gimp.. Not much experience with it.

I tried Gimp after reading your post and have the same issue.. When I try to save as .dds the list of .dds formats to save is as long as my arm.. None of them save the file as the same size..

An immediate flag that it "ain't gonna work"

I still tried them after each attempt to save... no joy..

Somebody must have figured this out.

On the plus side... Gives me an excuse to hide in the "Doghouse" (my office) and drink beer.
sorry, it's a little confusing: you can use paint.net, it's easier,
save in DDS format DXT1.

make sure you edit: (in Silent Hunter 4 main directory OR disable mod, edit in MODS directory, enable)
data/textures/TNormal/tex/LABEL_CPT.dds
and:
data/textures/TNormal/tex/LABEL_CPT2.dds

for the desk pic:
data/textures/TNormal/tex/CPT_PICTURE.dds
Old 05-27-20, 11:24 AM   #88
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: LABEL_CPT... got 'er done...

Quote:
sorry, it's a little confusing: you can use paint.net, it's easier,
save in DDS format DXT1.

make sure you edit: (in Silent Hunter 4 main directory OR disable mod, edit in MODS directory, enable)
data/textures/TNormal/tex/LABEL_CPT.dds
and:
data/textures/TNormal/tex/LABEL_CPT2.dds

for the desk pic:
data/textures/TNormal/tex/CPT_PICTURE.dds
Got rid of Gimp.. and grabbed paint.net & glad I did. It only took me a minute or 2, to get accustomed to it & once I did, was finally able to edit it to what I wanted.. My Captain's moniker hanging by the Capt. Cabin...

Got an edit tool to work with & some more knowledge stuffed into the ol' melon... who says ya can't teach an ol' seadawg new tricks...

Any way... heading back out on patrol with My shingle thrown up by My quarters on board My boat

May you have fair winds, smooth seas & a plentiful target rich patrol area.

Mad Mardigan

P.s. My skippers moniker is J. T. MARDIGAN, C.O., I'll also go by J. T. Kirk as well, sometimes... yeah, I'm a Trek head In the words of Spock.. Live long & prosper.
Old 05-28-20, 01:24 AM   #89
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Got rid of Gimp.. and grabbed paint.net & glad I did. It only took me a minute or 2, to get accustomed to it & once I did, was finally able to edit it to what I wanted.. My Captain's moniker hanging by the Capt. Cabin...
glad to hear it worked
Old 05-30-20, 03:10 PM   #90
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: LABEL_CPT... got 'er done... screenshot of end results...

Quote:
glad to hear it worked
Yeah, took a screenshot of it, just to showcase My end results effort. Feel I started just a tad bit off, (just a bit more off to the right, than I needed to start when I edited the name plate... but other than that, looks dang good ) at least to Me any ways.. other than that, I feel its right on the height wise aspect.

J. T. Mardigan name plate

Now that I know what to do, may go back & do another 1 with My other moniker I will sometimes use... J. T. Kirk

Thanks a bunch for the advice of using that other .dds editing tool, vickers03 that helped immensely, it's NOW a permanent part of My arsenal, should I need to use it again any time in the future.

Mad Mardigan