SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-23, 08:57 AM   #5491
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815
Uploads: 0

Hey Beanie greetings...
I have partly solved my problem... but I need to know which file controls the wake display... at 5 m depth it works I would say that I have a better result than the original... but at 6 m meter the wake is no longer displayed ... so who controls what??
shoot a starbord.. 20 degree.. deeph 5m..

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 05-20-23 at 09:20 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-23, 09:17 AM   #5492
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

a story with the particles.. I'm sure... as well as the duration.. and the depth.. but where to look!!! your lights would be a plus
Old 05-20-23, 09:33 PM   #5493
Michael Wood
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 314
Icon9 Hats

In SH 4, version 1.5, TMO and RFB if I move a sailor from one position to another, his hat goes with him. In this mod, if I move a sailor from one position to another, he leaves his hat behind and puts on the hat assigned to that position.

How to I change this mod to make it like all the other versions?

Example: I start with an S-boat in Manila. The first position in the bottom row of the bridge has an enlisted man occupying it. He is wearing a Dixie cup cap. I want to put an officer there, as I always have in the past. I select an officer wearing a barracks cover. I drag it into the position in the bottom row of the bridge. I then go to the bridge. The officer it no longer wearing a barracks cover. He is now wearing a Dixie cup cap.

This total lack of immersion is a game killer for me. I need to change this in order to play this mod.

Thanks.

Last edited by Michael Wood; 05-20-23 at 11:26 PM.
Michael Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 11:05 AM   #5494
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
In SH 4, version 1.5, TMO and RFB if I move a sailor from one position to another, his hat goes with him. In this mod, if I move a sailor from one position to another, he leaves his hat behind and puts on the hat assigned to that position.

Example: I start with an S-boat in Manila. The first position in the bottom row of the bridge has an enlisted man occupying it. He is wearing a Dixie cup cap. I want to put an officer there, as I always have in the past. I select an officer wearing a barracks cover. I drag it into the position in the bottom row of the bridge. I then go to the bridge. The officer it no longer wearing a barracks cover. He is now wearing a Dixie cup cap.

This total lack of immersion is a game killer for me. I need to change this in order to play this mod.

Thanks.
well, Michael, for one, you are posting this in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate forum, so you are not going to necessarily reach the right audience for your question. RFB Forum is here: Real Fleet Boat 2.0 and TMO 2.5 is here: Trigger Maru Overhauled

secondly, you should post your JSGME mod list, as well as your installation config, when you post a question. this will provide the potential answerers some needed background data.
Installation config means, OS, SH4 install folder, use of Multish4, and use of a 4 GB enabler such as Large Address Aware (LAA).
JSGME config can be had by opening it, then Tasks, Export to Clipboard, then pasting the results here (ctrl+v).

thirdly, RFB and TMO should probably not be used in the same game installation. each is a separate and distinct mod set. the fact that you have laid one on top of the other may be the cause of the graphics issue you are seeing. you should check out both the RFB forum and the TMO 2.5 forum and see what others have posted on this topic.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 04:18 PM   #5495
Michael Wood
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
well, Michael, for one, you are posting this in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate forum, so you are not going to necessarily reach the right audience for your question. RFB Forum is here: Real Fleet Boat 2.0 and TMO 2.5 is here: Trigger Maru Overhauled

secondly, you should post your JSGME mod list, as well as your installation config, when you post a question. this will provide the potential answerers some needed background data.
Installation config means, OS, SH4 install folder, use of Multish4, and use of a 4 GB enabler such as Large Address Aware (LAA).
JSGME config can be had by opening it, then Tasks, Export to Clipboard, then pasting the results here (ctrl+v).

thirdly, RFB and TMO should probably not be used in the same game installation. each is a separate and distinct mod set. the fact that you have laid one on top of the other may be the cause of the graphics issue you are seeing. you should check out both the RFB forum and the TMO 2.5 forum and see what others have posted on this topic.

Thanks for your reply.

1) Question did not concern stock, TMO or RFB. Only mentioned those as comparison. Question was about "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate". If my example produces same results on all systems, it is a feature, if it does not I did something wrong.

2) I have never downloaded or used "The JoneSoft_Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME)". First I delete the Documents\SH4 sub-directory. Then, I do a fresh SH 1.5 install and then install FOTRS over that. Operating system Windows 10.0. Install directory "D:\Fall of the Rising Sun". "Large Address Aware (LAA)" installed and active.

3) TMO and RFB are not in same installation. Sorry, if I somehow misled.

D:\Fall of the Rising Sun

D:\Trigger Maru Overhaul

D:\Real Fleet Boat

D:\Silent Hunter 4

4) Just try my example. If you get the same results, then it is the mod, if not, I messed up, somewhere, somehow, someway.

Great mod, by the way. Only issues are hats and passive sonar working on the surface while underway (I was told this would be addressed).

Thanks.

Last edited by Michael Wood; 05-21-23 at 05:15 PM.
Michael Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 08:25 PM   #5496
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

1) Question did not concern stock, TMO or RFB. Only mentioned those as comparison. Question was about "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate". If my example produces same results on all systems, it is a feature, if it does not I did something wrong.

2) I have never downloaded or used "The JoneSoft_Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME)". First I delete the Documents\SH4 sub-directory. Then, I do a fresh SH 1.5 install and then install FOTRS over that. Operating system Windows 10.0. Install directory "D:\Fall of the Rising Sun". "Large Address Aware (LAA)" installed and active.

3) TMO and RFB are not in same installation. Sorry, if I somehow misled.

D:\Fall of the Rising Sun

D:\Trigger Maru Overhaul

D:\Real Fleet Boat

D:\Silent Hunter 4

4) Just try my example. If you get the same results, then it is the mod, if not, I messed up, somewhere, somehow, someway.

Great mod, by the way. Only issues are hats and passive sonar working on the surface while underway (I was told this would be addressed).

Thanks.
my apologies for misunderstanding your post.
despite what Danny Devito says, old age sucks.
i am out of town until Friday but i will try and remember to check out your crew-exchange-hat-issue when i return.

LAA enabled
Old 05-23-23, 12:39 PM   #5497
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
a story with the particles.. I'm sure... as well as the duration.. and the depth.. but where to look!!! your lights would be a plus
I am currently unable to look at game files since the laptop I brought with me on vacation (holiday) has died. I'll have to wait to get home to pull the drive and recover my files... - in the meantime, find the torpedo you are shooting in the torpedo dat file applicable to the mod. Get its ID number and search for that in the torpedo sim file. Inside of that should be a couple-three "wake" settings, and if memory serves me, there is be a hex number there, like "0x7806abe..." etc. Copy that number and go to the Particles dat file, and search on that ID. Someone correct me if I have that wrong... lol

Quote:

Thanks.
That "hat" behavior is a function of the manning of the guns as found in FotRSU. I am forgetting the exact wording Michael Wood, but it is found in the Data \Submarine folder in each \NSS_SubName folder, in each of the NSS_SubName.upc files, under the crewing sections for each compartment. Also, as well in the Data \UPCData \UPCUnits data folder, in each of the UnitParts#XSubName upc files - except the Cachalot and Tench, which have them in the NSS_SubName upc file. The Gar is a clone of the Tambor, and the S-42 is a clone of the S-18, and therefore do not have UnitPart entries in the UPCData folders.

I do not have a computer with any SH game on it where I am right now, so this is guesswork: What you look for is the 3D watch clothing or accessories for each of the crewman, so they are listed in like "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.Crewmember 1" style, though that is most likely NOT the correct wording - maybe. The NSS_SubName of course only has the one "UnitPart" but has a compartment for each "room" on the boat. The UnitParts will have a UnitPart for each of the conning towers, of which there might be five for some subs, but there are only a couple-three compartments. For each crewmember you find though, there will be like a "3DWatchAccessoriesToAdd=" line, and it will usually name a hat, or maybe a NULL. Some of the gun crew in Compartment 7 & 8 will have binoculars and headsets. Otherwise, if you make every position a "NULL" for any "sapca_*" listing, that will remove the mod's added hat, and will rely intead upon game's "automatic" clothing found in the clothing file, which is also in the UPCData folder somewhere (3DCrewMembers ??). I wish I had more accurate info, but if you want to dive in right away on that, it might be close enough. I would build a mini-mod with just the affected files for the submarine that you are "targeting", so that you can activate and de-activate it as necessary. You should be able to apply such a mod between patrols and see results. Use a Single Mission to test your results before going out on patrol again.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-23, 08:27 AM   #5498
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Many thx Boss...
I have made a little progress in research since then but some things escape me... we will see about this when you return from vacation...enjoy my dear Beanie you deserve it...because you have a lot of patience especially with some people here... .!!!
When I say they're at Pam Am...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 05-24-23 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-27-23, 10:50 AM   #5499
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Insert Palau Island Mission

Hey PB,

the PatrolObjectives file states that this is one of several new missions that needs testing and it was assigned to our boat so i expect that you want feedback.

Mission: Insert Palau Island 01. Drop off a spec ops team on the east side of the island and then penetrate a harbor on the other side of the island and do some photo recon on some warships. The warships are defined in the mission.

the mission date range in Patrol Objectives is StartDate=19421001, EndDate=19440801 and AvailabilityInterval=1944-05-20, 1944-06-28 is in the Flotillas file.

We were assigned approx May 20-something 1944, so we are good there.

the three ships are seeded in the mission are: an Ise, a Mogami, and a Fubuki.
the problem is that all of those ships have an End Date of 5/1/1944. I am changing that End Date to match the PatrolObjective date.
if you want, i can send you the Insert Palau Island 01 mission folder when i complete the mission.

LAA enabled
Old 05-27-23, 12:02 PM   #5500
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hey PB,

the PatrolObjectives file states that this is one of several new missions that needs testing and it was assigned to our boat so i expect that you want feedback.

Mission: Insert Palau Island 01. Drop off a spec ops team on the east side of the island and then penetrate a harbor on the other side of the island and do some photo recon on some warships. The warships are defined in the mission.
it still does not work properly.
i closed the ships to within 3000 yds but the camera will not activate.

all three ships in the mission (DD(100),CA(220),BB(400)) should qualify for photo recon credit.

LAA enabled

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 05-27-23 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-27-23, 07:03 PM   #5501
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Insert Palau Island 02

this one has warts.

i took a quick look at it and i do not see anything out of whack.
i'll do a deeper dive and let you know what i find.

p.s.

I solved it.
None of the Objectives is a "Primary" Objective.
i'll change the two Recon Objectives to Primary and shove off.

LAA enabled
Old 05-28-23, 11:49 AM   #5502
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Started new career in SF with a Gato, April 1942.
Shoved off on first mission May 27, 1942, to the Convoy College with a "sink" objective.
Sank 7 ships for 1,465 renown and a mission rating of 1.
returned to Pearl at mission-end and received a medal and a conning tower upgrade. the effective date for the new conning tower is 4/16/42, so this was the first time we entered port after that date.
all subs share the same Upgrade class.

it's 10/25/1944. just returned from patrol off Iwo with a "patrol" objective.
Sank 8 ships for 1340 renown and a mission rating of 1.
returned to Guam (xfer from Saipan without a notice) and received an award and the last tower upgrade (elite).
that upgrade has been available for 10 months and 6 missions. the mission ratings were (in date order): 0,2,1,0,1,1

this is the first career where we have received two upgrades. truly unprecedented.

in review we missed just the 1943 upgrade. mission ratings for 1942-43 were, beginning with the last mission in 1942: 1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1.
no idea why we didn't qualify. maybe they were short of welders in the Navy Yard.

LAA enabled
Old 05-28-23, 05:34 PM   #5503
propbeanie

Quote:
Hey PB,

Mission: Insert Palau Island 01...
Quote:
it still does not work properly...
Quote:
this one has warts. ...
- ratz, those were not supposed to be linked to in the Flotillas file... None of the Insert Palau are workable as-is... the foto in the harbor does not function correctly because of the photo value is not set correctly...

Quote:
it's 10/25/1944. just returned from patrol off Iwo with a "patrol" objective.
Sank 8 ships for 1340 renown and a mission rating of 1.
returned to Guam (xfer from Saipan without a notice) and received an award and the last tower upgrade (elite).
that upgrade has been available for 10 months and 6 missions. the mission ratings were (in date order): 0,2,1,0,1,1

this is the first career where we have received two upgrades. truly unprecedented.

in review we missed just the 1943 upgrade. mission ratings for 1942-43 were, beginning with the last mission in 1942: 1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1.
no idea why we didn't qualify. maybe they were short of welders in the Navy Yard.
So, does the ST Radar on the Observation periscope function? Is your Obs Scope head about twice as tall as the Attack scope?

Old 05-28-23, 07:41 PM   #5504
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

So, does the ST Radar on the Observation periscope function? Is your Obs Scope head about twice as tall as the Attack scope?
in truth, i do not spend much time on deck, so i do not know.
in fact, i do not believe that ST radar is on option.
it is not noted in either the current ActiveUserPlayerUnit file or the Gato.sns file.

LAA enabled
Old 05-28-23, 08:42 PM   #5505
propbeanie

That is part of the problem with the game. If you make it to where the ST Radar is listed, it will "kill" the SJ... So in actuality, it will not be visible, other than the over-sized periscope head, and "Radar contact:" reports that do not show on the A-Scope or the PPI, but do show on the NavMap when you raise the Observation Periscope while submerged. It is a vain attempt to not make it into a super-radar... - You should still have a rotating SJ antenna (actually, the "Improved" SJ) - if it applied correctly. If it did not, you might have ST functionality that shows on the PPI, no rotating SJ antenna showing, but you do have the functioning radar... Available only on the Gato, Balao & Tench. However, it needed the conning tower upgrades to "attach" the new Observation Periscope to, but was very iffy on all but the Tench... The entire shmear is changed for the next release, and seems to function better - but still needs the conning tower upgrades... I very much detest the way SH4 does conning towers / turms... sigh