SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-19, 09:19 PM   #181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
+ 1, as an optional addon mod.

Question: Is implemented the TDW Fire and Damage dll in FOTRSU? I added it via JSGME because I don't see the dll in the main folder. That is a great mod.

And also...I know and read a lot about the debate OTC full version realistic-or-too- acurate. I like OTC as implemented for TMO and I would like to see an addon mod in FOTRSU (direct shot to Master CapnScurvy and RRobbins).

No problems departing from Manila 12-9-1941, pig boat with Vickers' 4k skin.

Many thanks and best regards

Fitzcarraldo
I cannot find any reference to TDW's Fire Damage idea being in the mod. I'll try to look further into that.

As for an OTC, CapnScurvy has been out in the barn working on a '55 Mercury. I do not know if he has heat out there, but he might be back in the house and on the computer more before too long. There would be a bitt of work to do on the subs though. Pretty much the rest of it is already in FotRSU, other than the RecMan info... No harm in asking him though!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 02:37 AM   #182
Krieg Francis
Medic

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0

This is a big forum, I couldn't find anything about it so sorry if I'm repeating a question lol.

Is it possible to have greyed out icons like SH3? I work with map contact updates on and it's fairly simple to tell an enemy from a friend

for SH4
Krieg Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 07:04 AM   #183
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default mark 14s issued to an S-class sub early in the war?

Re: the new FotRS UE

4th patrol in S-class around July 1942 from Brisbane. Was issued SJ radar, 4-inch gun and 3 Mark 14 torpedoes (the rest were the standard issue Mark 10s). Running NO mods that would affect torpedo load out.

I question whether the S-class can carry Mark 14s due to their length? Shorter Mark 14 seemed to have been available late in the war but these 3 were definitely longer than the Mark 10s.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 12-03-19, 08:35 AM   #184
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg Francis View Post
This is a big forum, I couldn't find anything about it so sorry if I'm repeating a question lol.

Is it possible to have greyed out icons like SH3? I work with map contact updates on and it's fairly simple to tell an enemy from a friend

The TMO-style "dot" version is worked-up as an add-in now. What you have now is the "standard" in the FotRSU release. If we would quit finding issues in campaign files, we might be able to finish up on a few of the add-ins... -

Speaking of which: Does anyone have issues with the CA Tone that they've noticed? - it is the IJN CA heavy cruiser with 4 turrets forward, and scout planes on the aft portion - not to be confused with the Late-war Mogami, which is shorter, especially in the fantail area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Re: the new FotRS UE

4th patrol in S-class around July 1942 from Brisbane. Was issued SJ radar, 4-inch gun and 3 Mark 14 torpedoes (the rest were the standard issue Mark 10s). Running NO mods that would affect torpedo load out.

I question whether the S-class can carry Mark 14s due to their length? Shorter Mark 14 seemed to have been available late in the war but these 3 were definitely longer than the Mark 10s.

Hope this is helpful.
In the documentation included is a little note that all S-Boat skippers have to make certain that quartermasters and dock hands, in conjunction with your own crew, properly re-arm your submarine. That was in directive #72 dated 12th November, 1939 - you should have known. There will be no investigation - this will go straight to court martial. It behooves you to obtain a good JAG...

Just joshing (kidding, joking, pulling your leg), of course. This is an issue that we have attempted to wrassle many times, and for now, we'll leave the 912 pound gorilla in the corner by itself, and throw a banana its way every once in a while, and hope it stays quiet. In the meantime, the work-around is to re-fit before docking. You will then get a proper load-out of torpedoes. If you forget and dock first, no big deal. All you have to do is remember to - before going on patrol again - drag the Mark 14s out of their stores onboard and drop them into the section on the left, then replace them with the Mark 10 torpedoes. Since the latest release, I have not taken a sugar boat out to see if it will shoot the 14s without issue, but back several versions ago, it would shoot the torpedoes... which is evidence that FotRSU does not restrict the loading of appropriate torpedoes. I do not recall if stock does that also... - We will continue to attempt a "fix", but for now, it is what it is. sorry.

Old 12-03-19, 11:43 AM   #185
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Speaking of which: Does anyone have issues with the CA Tone that they've noticed? - it is the IJN CA heavy cruiser with 4 turrets forward, and scout planes on the aft portion - not to be confused with the Late-war Mogami, which is shorter, especially in the fantail area...
I have encountered 4 of the CA Tone within TF's off Honshu. All four are now sleeping peacefully on the bottom. No issues noted.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 03:11 PM   #186
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
I cannot find any reference to TDW's Fire Damage idea being in the mod. I'll try to look further into that.

As for an OTC, CapnScurvy has been out in the barn working on a '55 Mercury. I do not know if he has heat out there, but he might be back in the house and on the computer more before too long. There would be a bitt of work to do on the subs though. Pretty much the rest of it is already in FotRSU, other than the RecMan info... No harm in asking him though!
The TDW Damage by Fire version 1.3 (for SH4) is a dll to put in the main SH4 folder. I have it in my FOTRSU and I didn´t have any problem. It seems is not included in FOTRSU (FOTRS 1.3 didn´t bhave it).

Regarding OTC, I miss the omnimeter and the optics. The OTC optics are different to my eye to that in FOTRSU. In fact, I find the optics in FOTRSU seems more the old mod MaxOptics for TMO than OTC.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 12-03-19 at 04:52 PM.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 03:56 PM   #187
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
...before going on patrol again - drag the Mark 14s out of their stores onboard and drop them into the section on the left, then replace them with the Mark 10 torpedoes. Since the latest release, I have not taken a sugar boat out to see if it will shoot the 14s without issue...
Shoots the Mark 14s without issue. Thanks for your response.
Old 12-03-19, 07:44 PM   #188
Scurvy
Bosun

Downloads: 9

First of all, I want to thank everyone who made this mod. It's absolutely incredible.

I had stopped playing SHIV for years and I just happened to randomly visit this website again and see that this mod was available.

So you guys got me back into this great sim, once again.

I've just started my first campaign mission and I'm still re-learning the sim and learning the new mod.

I'm sure I'll have some questions, but for now, I just wanted to say, "Thank You"!!!!
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:00 PM   #189
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I have encountered 4 of the CA Tone within TF's off Honshu. All four are now sleeping peacefully on the bottom. No issues noted.
Thanks, on both accounts, 1) for checking and 2) for sinking them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
The TDW Damage by Fire version 1.3 (for SH4) is a dll to put in the main SH4 folder. I have it in my FOTRSU and I didn´t have any problem. It seems is not included in FOTRSU (FOTRS 1.3 didn´t bhave it).

Regarding OTC, I miss the omnimeter and the optics. The OTC optics are different to my eye to that in FOTRSU. In fact, I find the optics in FOTRSU seems more the old mod MaxOptics for TMO than OTC.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
CapnScurvy had said previously that the optics in FotRSU are the most accurate that he has done, with a 1.4 zoom on normal, and a 6x (??) on the zoom - whatever the US subs had, is what FotRSU has simulated. I'm not sure how much tweaking he would have to do for the omnimeter... but all of the subs would need their conns re-arranged, of course, along with all of the gear that attaches to them.

As for the TDW dat file, no the dll is not in FotRSU, but parts of it might have been added into other Library dat files. I'll try to investigate further, and maybe do some testing with it also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Shoots the Mark 14s without issue. Thanks for your response.
I thought they did, but wasn't certain. If we can figure-out a way to fix it, we'll be famous!...

Old 12-05-19, 04:15 PM   #190
Pranne
Mate

Downloads: 32
Default ...

I have problems with the museum, it always CTD. No Chance.

Any ideas?
Pranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 06:00 PM   #191
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranne View Post
I have problems with the museum, it always CTD. No Chance.

Any ideas?

Need a little more info to help you out. So you have the game FOTRSU installed over v1.5. Do the rest of the game work OK? Your only have problems getting into the Museum, correct. There is a small utility called LAA (Large Address Aware) that needs to be installed inside your game folder. If you look inside the game folder where you have the game installed you'll see two folders one labeled Extras (you'll find the LAA in there) and another called Support. In the Support folder you'll find a pdf file on the LAA telling you what to do in order to activate the LAA. This should get the Museum up and running for you. Hope this helps.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 06:16 PM   #192
propbeanie

Not getting the Museum to run is either a not-quite-right activation, or not enough RAM in the computer, or LAA is not activated on the SH4.exe file. Does the game run fine with FotRSU activated, or are you experiencing "stutter" after you get away from the home port? You will almost always experience some stutter near busy ports, what with all of the ships and airplanes around those areas.

Go into your game folder and find the SH4.exe file. Right-click on it, and choose the "Properties" choice at the bottom of that context menu with a left-click. On the first "General" tab of the Properties window is the "Attributes" section. There is a little square tick box next to "Read-only". Is that empty? If it has a check mark in it, click on that to clear it, and then click the "OK" button. Now find the "Large Address Aware...exe" file. Yours might be "2_0_4", or it might be something different. Run that little applet. You will see a little ellipse box for "Step 1. Select an Executible" toward the upper-right of that little window, like [...]. Click on that, and navigate to the folder with your game and find the SH4.exe file again. "Step 2. Large Address Aware Flag" should now be active. If that little box has a check mark in it, you are good to go with LAA. If not, click in the box to "set" the flag, and then "Step 3. Commit Changes" becomes active, and you click the "Save" button and you're finished. Click the little [X] button in the upper-right to close.

If LAA was set, then post back with your computer specs, such as cpu, graphics card, how much RAM the computer has, how much RAM the video card has, your OS, and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit. We'll see if there is any "weaknesses" there.

Now, other things to check: 1. The "Save" folder - did you empty that before you ran FotRSU? That defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \ SH4", unless you've changed it. The "UserName" is the name you log-in with, and "Documents" might be "My Documents", depending upon your OS. If you have WinXP, then it would be C:\Documents and Settings \UserName \My Documents \SH4". You have to delete the contents of that folder before you start to use FotRSU, else there will be issues with certain aspects of the mod not completely updating the game, and the Museum for sure would not work.

Let us know what you have there Pranne and - dote! cdrsubron7 beat me to it!... lol

Old 12-05-19, 06:33 PM   #193
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1053

Default Radio and Gramophone w/o maps

Hi all!
I made a small MOD with the radio and the gramophone without a map and conversion table to have a cleaner display and obviously the icons can be dragged to any position.
I recommend activating the MOD with JSGME and I hope it can be useful to someone.
This is the link for: "RadioPhone for FOTRSU wo Maps v1 by Torpedo.zip"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4aizhp...rpedo.zip/file

Torpedo

Last edited by Torpedo; 12-05-19 at 07:13 PM.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:55 PM   #194
propbeanie

Wow! quick work, Torpedo! If you don't mind, we'll submit it to the "FotRSU Testing Facilities Laboratory" for submission of an 'official' FotRSU Seal of Approval and a potential "500" numbering sequence pre-fix... ?? As proposed per RR in Post #65 FotRSU Beta thread. Do you mind? It would still be your mod, of course.

Old 12-06-19, 04:06 AM   #195
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1053

Quote:
Wow! quick work, Torpedo! If you don't mind, we'll submit it to the "FotRSU Testing Facilities Laboratory" for submission of an 'official' FotRSU Seal of Approval and a potential "500" numbering sequence pre-fix... ?? As proposed per RR in Post #65 FotRSU Beta thread. Do you mind? It would still be your mod, of course.
Hi propbeanie!
I'm really happy that this little mod can interest you and the whole community. Certainly this mod is available for any use that you want to do and indeed for me it is an honor that can be totally or partially included in FOTRSU.
There is a button that is the first one at the bottom right of the image I posted that I left. This button activated the gramophone with the Convertion Chart, now only activates the gramophone and is still free for future use.

Torpedo

Sorry but this is the button:

Last edited by Torpedo; 12-06-19 at 05:06 AM.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote