SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-08, 01:54 PM   #811
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycleghorn
Just re-installed TMO 1.52 & 1.55 (2nd time)
No deck ammo shown.
Click on AP shell - nothing
Click on HE shell (4X) and get HE ammo.
Still no AP ammo

Roy
----------------------------------------
I have added patch for TMO to 1.5.5
Makes no difference - no deck gun ammo. Have AA ammo.
Go to refuel/refit - still not deck gun ammo
Issue starts with TMO, before loading other mods. Makes no difference if other mods are loaded - no deck gun ammo.

Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
edit: hes using tmo 152, with sboat engine patch while reporting this, he`s unistalled all mods, erased them, re-downloaded them and installed, problem remains, he even removed his sh4 install.... its strange

I saw a screen shot, his gun ammo for HE shells was at zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW1
I believe TM was done the same way as RFB click on the ammo and see if it loads a round.

Also which version of TM are you using?

Steve
No version of Trigger Maru contains no armor piercing deck gun ammo. That means that there is some mod contamination going on here. To be safe, I recommend that you go to the How to Reinstall SH4! thread and follow the instructions in the first post by Doolittle to the letter. It will solve your problem.

Also throw out TMO completely and redownload the mod from scratch.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 12-28-08 at 01:55 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 06:47 AM   #812
Laserg
Swabbie

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:

She's still happily chugging along with her propeller merrily turning, bravely resisting the inevitable

This is what happened:

I abruptly bumped into her on my way to Fremantle, Australia, for a fresh set of underwear and a keg of brewski. There was no time for an accurate speed measurement, so I just played it by the ear and hastily fired 4 eels. This resulted in 2 misses, one dud and one impact in her forward cargo hold.

As it turned out this hardly upset her, but rather encouraged her to zig-zag at full tilt. Her bow sinking pretty rapidly didn't matter much either, apart from maybe slightly reducing her speed which was clocked at 8.5 knots some 30 minutes afterwards. I then let her dash about in her badly wounded state for another half an hour or so, because I needed time for another attack.

This then commenced, and resulted in 2 more hits as seen in the picture. But even _that_ wasn't enough for her, for she still continued at a good clip for another 10 minutes or so before finally giving up!

Clever buggers those Nipponese with their submersible freighters, aren't they

PS. Oh yeah, please inform me immediately if you know about these anomalies already, because frankly speaking I'm not sure if posting amusing pictures and stories of submersible freighters actually conforms to anyone's idea of real fun now
This is a msalama's post from RFB forum. He pointed the same annoying thing as I did, but with better english. I've read RFB folks works on fixing that.

Are there any plans to improve ship damage model in TMO???? It looks like both supermods suffer for this.
Laserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 07:03 PM   #813
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

Maybe this is obvious to everyone else, but...Is the Type XVIII/XXI in TMO (I want to modify it into a type XXI and make it a career start option, etc).

Also, any estimates on when you can bundle all this together into one file (1.5.2-1.60)?
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 04:19 PM   #814
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Default Booo! Booo!

To quote a line from "The Princess Bride", "Boo! Boo!"

Just kidding, I love this megga-mod.

I just had to get on and vent.

Fire tube 1: Dud
Fire tube 2: runs 10 feet deeper than I set it.
Fire tube 7: runs 10 feet deeper than I set it.
Fire tube 3: Dud

repeat
repeat
repeat

Okay.. reloading back at Port and trying this again.. shall I turn off Dud realism just so I can do something other than get sunk? Heh

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:10 PM   #815
SteveW1
Watch Officer

Downloads: 75

Thats roughly what happened in the begining of the war McHub532, don't worry it will get better, I'm currently doing a career and am in the start of 43' and rarely get a dud anymore on 100% realism.

Steve
Old 12-30-08, 09:27 PM   #816
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

In RL, the mk14s pretty much all ran ~11 feet deep until corrected. It was not a sometimes flaw, it was consistently wrong—but the skippers did not know this, and their doctrine was to set the depth BELOW the keel.

When they calibrated them for depth, they used a dummy warhead—which weighed something like 200lbs LESS than the real one—as a result, it had to be set to over-correct for the lighter warhead, and when the real one was on, it simply always ran deep.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:59 PM   #817
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
In RL, the mk14s pretty much all ran ~11 feet deep until corrected. It was not a sometimes flaw, it was consistently wrong—but the skippers did not know this, and their doctrine was to set the depth BELOW the keel.

When they calibrated them for depth, they used a dummy warhead—which weighed something like 200lbs LESS than the real one—as a result, it had to be set to over-correct for the lighter warhead, and when the real one was on, it simply always ran deep.
I'm using all Mark 23's in March of 1944.

Old 12-31-08, 12:25 PM   #818
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532
To quote a line from "The Princess Bride", "Boo! Boo!"

Just kidding, I love this megga-mod.

I just had to get on and vent.

Fire tube 1: Dud
Fire tube 2: runs 10 feet deeper than I set it.
Fire tube 7: runs 10 feet deeper than I set it.
Fire tube 3: Dud

repeat
repeat
repeat

Okay.. reloading back at Port and trying this again.. shall I turn off Dud realism just so I can do something other than get sunk? Heh
Hey McHub !

Glad your having fun (and a little frustration) with your new mods. They will tend to run deep. Try setting them about seven feet shallower than keel depth. I have good success with that and they almost never run under without exploding. They will usually hit the keel, a little higher, or if your lucky, just below the keel. Better to be too shallow than too deep.

The duds make the game more interesting and forces you to make tougher decisions. Like, with a smaller merchant you would normally put under with one fish, do you risk firing one only to end up with a dud, or fire two just in case? If I invest a long time setting up the perfect solutuion and the boat is traveling so fast that another set up is difficult or even impossible, I'll fire two.
Soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 03:14 PM   #819
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Howdy all.

Kylesplanet hooked me up by burning some copies of:

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
REL_TriggerMaruf_155_Update

I love them !!

I heard someone going on about how spectacular it was to load these on and THEN load on:

RSRDC_TMOv15_v371
RSRDC_V371_Patch 11

I downloaded these last two and tried installing them and at the point where it is loading the mission to leave port the game crashes.

I removed the patch and it still crashes.

I have to remove both RSRDC files and it works fine again.

Do I need more updatd files or is there a work around to get them to work together?

Anyone know?

Old 12-31-08, 04:09 PM   #820
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Howdy all.

Kylesplanet hooked me up by burning some copies of:

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
REL_TriggerMaruf_155_Update

I love them !!

I heard someone going on about how spectacular it was to load these on and THEN load on:

RSRDC_TMOv15_v371
RSRDC_V371_Patch 11

I downloaded these last two and tried installing them and at the point where it is loading the mission to leave port the game crashes.

I removed the patch and it still crashes.

I have to remove both RSRDC files and it works fine again.

Do I need more updatd files or is there a work around to get them to work together?

Anyone know?

You want to provide some more details like:

Start date
Task Group
Sub Type
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 04:37 PM   #821
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3

Start date
Task Group
Sub Type
Start date? The day after Pearl Harbor at Pearl Harbor and now it's March of 1944. I'm scooting around in a Balao now.

Do I have to start a fresh new campaign if I use this?

Last edited by McHub532; 12-31-08 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-31-08, 04:48 PM   #822
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

Start date
Task Group
Sub Type
Start date? The day after Pearl Harbor at Pearl Harbor and now it's March of 1944. I'm scooting around in a Balao now.

Do I have to start a fresh new campaign if I use this?
You stated that with TMO + RSRDC your getting a CTD. I'm ask for details of the CTD. If you would like help, I require the information I ask for to trouble shoot the problem
Old 12-31-08, 04:50 PM   #823
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
You stated that with TMO + RSRDC your getting a CTD. I'm ask for details of the CTD. If you would like help, I require the information I ask for to trouble shoot the problem
Awesome, thank you.

Um.. I don't know what a CTD is.

Old 12-31-08, 05:10 PM   #824
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome, thank you.

Crash To Desktop

I've conducted a spot check based on the limited info you provided any I am not able to recreate your problem.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-31-08 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-31-08, 05:23 PM   #825
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome, thank you.

Crash To Desktop

I've conducted a spot check based on the limited info you provided any I am not able to recreate your problem.
Maybe one or both of the new files I downloaded was corupted and I should re-download and try again?