SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-22, 04:38 AM   #1
simon1138
Swabbie

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default airbase and scout planes

Hello,
I have not done a search as there are things on here from god knows how many years ago and things have disappeared and bits of information missing.
The airbase and scout planes. I can get a scout to appear and fly over an area, highlighting any enemy ships in an area, for a time.
Are there any other functions that the airbase can do? I looked in a file and saw all the wording used and related to the use of the scout plane. I can not find where the control of the scout plane is. So the part of the program that takes the mouse clicks, location on screen, determines patrol area, then flys the plane.
So those two, full use of the plane with instructions please, and
where can I find all the program/code for the nav map tools

thanks
Simon
simon1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 08:22 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1138 View Post
Hello,
I have not done a search as there are things on here from god knows how many years ago and things have disappeared and bits of information missing.
The airbase and scout planes. I can get a scout to appear and fly over an area, highlighting any enemy ships in an area, for a time.
Are there any other functions that the airbase can do? I looked in a file and saw all the wording used and related to the use of the scout plane. I can not find where the control of the scout plane is. So the part of the program that takes the mouse clicks, location on screen, determines patrol area, then flys the plane.
So those two, full use of the plane with instructions please, and
where can I find all the program/code for the nav map tools

thanks
Simon
simon,

you are at the highest use of the airbase and scout function.
in fact, those functions are only available in SH if you are playing the German side. the scout aircraft functionality will not work for the US side.

in thinking on the topic of German scout planes, you might be able to alter the range performance of the aircraft in the Planes.cfg files, but there is no other factor relating to German scout planes that is available for us to modify, such as the patrol area (other than range), flight pattern, attack profile, weapons, etc.

Nav map tools are part of the Menu functionality. not sure how much latitude we have to change their functionality (what they do and how they do it). i know that some modders have altered the tools size, making them larger or smaller, but i am doubtful that we have the ability to change their functionality. i say this because SH4 debuted in 2007 or thereabouts and if what you are suggesting could be done, it would be done already and published in a mod for all to use.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote