Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-08-22, 01:35 PM   #1
UboatCaptain1
Nub

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default SILENT HUNTER 5 OPEN HORIZONS II TONNAGE BAR ISSUE

Hello sub simers! I had purchased Silent Hunter 5 2 years ago from Steam and I started playing the campaign. I came across the Tonnage bar bug that we all are familiar with and I decided to start installing mods for this game. The 1st mod that I installed was TWOS and I uninstalled it because 1) I had an issue with time compression which no matter how many topics that I've read about fixes for this issue I still had this issue and 2) I want my game to be simple and bug free but I do want to play a proper campaign and watch as the history unfolds as a German captain of a UBOAT.

I decided to install OHII which fits my standards and I started the campaign. I sunk some ships at the Baltic Operations area and I completed the mission (got the silver cross at the top right of the screen). I docked at Kiel, requested the mission which is at the British Coast and began to sail towards it, patroled around the area but I found no ships. The mission info tells me to patrol around a specific grid which is located outside the red line area which is the area that every ship you sink counts as tonnage for the mission so I decided to abort the mission, sail towards Kiel and request the Scapa Flow mission. I sailed Scapa Flow and sunk 2 destroyers and 1 armed troop transport ship but I didn't see the tonnage bar filling up so I gave up.

Recently I installed a few mods that are being used by Taff in Exile (Youtuber) on his first lets play videos and these mods are:

Accurate German Flags
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
Fistful of Emblems
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2

I installed these, logged in game and started a new campaign. The issue that I am getting now is that no matter how many ships I sink I don't complete the mission. I am getting the objective complete message at the Captain's log menu but not the iron cross under the Baltic Operation mission and when I quit the game and I get the campaign status report I see the baltic mission as "incomplete". I messed around with the Campaign.cfg file and saw that the mission is not marked as either completed or failed, it just says false at both IsComplete and IsFailed values inside the .cfg. I tried to mess with the folder permissions so it's not read only but nothing changed. Can someone help me get this game to run properly?

Also I apologise if this is not the right section to post help requests, I am new to this forum.

EDIT: I am using Silent Hunter 5: Gold Edition from Steam (I don't know if that matters)

Last edited by UboatCaptain1; 10-09-22 at 02:24 PM.
UboatCaptain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 05:04 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UboatCaptain1 View Post
Hello sub simers! I had purchased Silent Hunter 5 2 years ago from Steam and I started playing the campaign. I came across the Tonnage bar bug that we all are familiar with and I decided to start installing mods for this game. The 1st mod that I installed was TWOS and I uninstalled it because 1) I had an issue with time compression which no matter how many topics that I've read about fixes for this issue I still had this issue and 2) I want my game to be simple and bug free but I do want to play a proper campaign and watch as the history unfolds as a German captain of a UBOAT.

I decided to install OHII which fits my standards and I started the campaign. I sunk some ships at the Baltic Operations area and I completed the mission (got the silver cross at the top right of the screen). I docked at Kiel, requested the mission which is at the British Coast and began to sail towards it, patroled around the area but I found no ships. The mission info tells me to patrol around a specific grid which is located outside the red line area which is the area that every ship you sink counts as tonnage for the mission so I decided to abort the mission, sail towards Kiel and request the Scapa Flow mission. I sailed Scapa Flow and sunk 2 destroyers and 1 armed troop transport ship but I didn't see the tonnage bar filling up so I gave up.

Recently I installed a few mods that are being used by Taff in Exile (Youtuber) on his first lets play videos and these mods are:

Accurate German Flags
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
Fistful of Emblems
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2

I installed these, logged in game and started a new campaign. The issue that I am getting now is that no matter how many ships I sink I don't complete the mission. I am getting the objective complete message at the Captain's log menu but not the iron cross under the Baltic Operation mission and when I quit the game and I get the campaign status report I see the baltic mission as "incomplete". I messed around with the Campaign.cfg file and saw that the mission is not marked as either completed or failed, it just says false at both IsComplete and IsFailed values inside the .cfg. I tried to mess with the folder permissions so it's not read only but nothing changed. Can someone help me get this game to run properly?

Also I apologise if this is not the right section to post help requests, I am new to this forum.

UboatCaptain1.!
Old 10-08-22, 09:12 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

UboatCaptain1,

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-22, 07:32 PM   #4
UboatCaptain1
Nub

Post has been edited with info that might be useful for you guys so you help me with the issue.
Old 10-15-22, 11:53 AM   #5
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Those other guys like to greet.

I highly suggest you do a clean install and use the Wolves of Steel mod. It removes that tonnage bar, and creates a great new experience. It also fixes everything problematic with the original game.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 02:07 PM   #6
UboatCaptain1
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Those other guys like to greet.

I highly suggest you do a clean install and use the Wolves of Steel mod. It removes that tonnage bar, and creates a great new experience. It also fixes everything problematic with the original game.
I have used Wolves of Steel in the past but I had issues. I listed them on my first post. That's why I decided to switch to Open Horizons II which is simpler.