SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-12, 11:22 AM   #1
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default SHO: Post your questions for the devs on facebook now.

From The Silent Hunter Online facebook page

"Captains, if you've got any GAME RELATED questions, now it's time for you to ask.

We want to gather as much questions as possible for the next upcoming videos where our developer team will take some time to answer them."
Old 11-18-12, 08:01 PM   #2
MatheusCrispim
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14

Oh, it's good!
MatheusCrispim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 08:07 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

What's good?
Old 11-21-12, 05:19 AM   #4
sturmer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 74

if you start reading the questions asked and the answers giving then you can take ur conclusions out of it instantly.
they just dont care anymore.

"One Torpedo . . . one Ship" - Otto Kretschmer
sturmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-12, 01:37 PM   #5
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmer View Post
they just dont care anymore.
This became obvious to me long time ago, in summer, when they pushed back the release date without any explanation. Initially, the game was advertised to release last summer, then they delayed the date somewhere in November, which is soon to end without even the BETA becoming available.

Even the contest with the U-BOOT artwork as a prize missed its deadlines by many days, without any explanations being provided.

Everything about this game is imbued with Ubisoft's traditional lack of consideration for the gaming community. At least, I am not disappointed, as I never had high expectations about it. It's Ubisoft, remember?
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-12, 05:54 PM   #6
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Umm... isn't pushing back the release date a good thing... SH5 shipped on time!
Old 11-22-12, 01:30 AM   #7
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
Umm... isn't pushing back the release date a good thing... SH5 shipped on time!
No, it's not, when you provide no explanation about the reason, and when you don't even inform the community about the delay, just let them wait until it's ready. It's not the kind of "Guys, we're delaying it to bring you more content," as it was in the case of - say - SH3. It's just "The first question of the contest will be posted here Friday" and they posted it next Tuesday, without any explanation for the delay. Or it's "Available this summer" then "Coming in November" and here we are, almost in December, and they never came with an explanation.

This is proof of either arrogance, or disinterest for the community and their own product. I'd go for the latter. Anyway, it's the same lousy Ubisoft PR policy we know too well.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-12, 05:46 AM   #8
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

SHO is an experiment based on someones business plan at Blue Byte studios that got the green light from Ubisoft.

What you, me and fellow SubSimers want is 'out-of-scope', unless BB can provide the evidence to back it up. Kudos to BB if they can and breakthrough atleast some of the problems of the past. So far they haven't though but if they want to take more time to do that I'm not going to hold it against them. What I will hold against them is sticking to a rigid path from an idea divised from an ivory tower of ignorance and deafness.

I wonder if the recent KickStarter success of Star Citizen might attract a development team into a project that the community wants?
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 10:33 AM   #9
Gaugeforever
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Honestly, although not a pure sim, if they can deliver on the multiplayer tactical aspect of the game, it may be pretty fun.

With the social aspect,I'm sure they will be keeping stats for the wolpacks. We can easily make a subsim wolfpack and show everyone how much this community owns sub games.

Try not to think of it as Silent Hunter 6 and more as a new branch of the silent hunter series. It honestly hasn't been THAT long since the last SH, and although they haven't supported it well, ubisoft loves money, so you can bet there will likely be a 6th.

I'm excited to try it out myself. Sure I can't manually aim a torpedo but you get to command an entire flotilla.

For me it's not about the fact that it's not SH6, it's about whether or not they can deliver on what they say the game offers. If it is as easy as other casual online games, forget it. But if there is even some semblance of difficulty then I might be interested to play it casually.