SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-09-23, 02:31 PM   #91
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Take them in to talk then publicly execute every one of them that shows up.
Consider the hostages as lost and execute 100 for every hostage in return.
Then raze the whole area to the ground as a warning.

Then tell them "We've achived our objectives so We're ready to talk."
Old 10-09-23, 02:48 PM   #92
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Take them in to talk then publicly execute every one of them that shows up.
Consider the hostages as lost and execute 100 for every hostage in return.
Then raze the whole area to the ground as a warning.

Then tell them "We've achived our objectives so We're ready to talk."
The Hamas's leaders live in 5-star Qatari hotels, they're not exposed to any of this and will not show up. And it does not matter in a couple of hours Israel will begin its operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 03:03 PM   #93
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
The Hamas's leaders live in 5-star Qatari hotels, they're not exposed to any of this and will not show up. And it does not matter in a couple of hours Israel will begin its operations.
In a video I saw some hours ago, said that IDF would begin operation in Gaza within 48 to 72 hours from now. The video was 10 hours old when I saw it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 03:19 PM   #94
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In a video I saw some hours ago, said that IDF would begin operation in Gaza within 48 to 72 hours from now. The video was 10 hours old when I saw it.

Markus
After the IDF has secured the Gaza borders and his northern border with Lebanon, think they will go in, there are images of a massive build up by the IDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 03:29 PM   #95
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
After the IDF has secured the Gaza borders and his northern border with Lebanon, think they will go in, there are images of a massive build up by the IDF.
You could be right too-We'll see or hear about it during night time or tomorrow morning.

Markus

Old 10-09-23, 04:53 PM   #96
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

24 Hours Ago - “The United States has sent the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group to the Eastern Mediterranean. This includes the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser USS Normandy (CG 60), as well as the Arleigh-Burke-class guided missile destroyers USS Thomas Hudner (DDG 116), USS Ramage (DDG 61), USS Carney (DDG 64), and USS Roosevelt (DDG 80). We have also taken steps to augment U.S. Air Force F-35, F-15, F-16, and A-10 fighter aircraft squadrons in the region. The U.S. maintains ready forces globally to further reinforce this deterrence posture if required.

In addition, the United States government will be rapidly providing the Israel Defense Forces with additional equipment and resources, including munitions. The first security assistance will begin moving today and arriving in the coming days.

Strengthening our joint force posture, in addition to the materiel support that we will rapidly provide to Israel, underscores the United States' ironclad support for the Israel Defense Forces and the Israeli people. My team and I will continue to be in close contact with our Israeli counterparts to ensure they have what they need to protect their citizens and defend themselves against these heinous terrorist attacks.”

FINALLY just 3 Hours Ago: “Terror will not win, hatred will not prevail. Israel has every right to defend and to protect itself and its citizens. In this dark hour, Germany and France stand firmly by Israel's side.”

Europeans have lots of thoughts and prayers to send! And they’re also really good at being concerned. This time it’s even “widely condemned”.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 05:01 PM   #97
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Europeans have lots of thoughts and prayers to send! And they’re also really good at being concerned. This time it’s even “widely condemned”.
I be all like,
"You all need to step your beetch arses back and watch this!"
Old 10-09-23, 05:01 PM   #98
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I remember the oil embargo in 1973, where we had car free Sundays.

Would OPEC do the same again ?
Then it was due to USA's and Europes help to Israel in their war against some Arabic countries.

I don't think so.

Markus

Old 10-09-23, 05:06 PM   #99
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

They will go in and leave no stone unturned. This terror attack was too huge and serious as if they will do half work only. I would not be surprised if they take whatever it needs to indeed kill Hamas once and for all.

Myself, thats what I woudl do, yes. And if that needs all Gaza taken down, then so be it.

This time they must not stop before the job really is done. In the past they allowed global opinion to stop them too early, while not being fully committed themselves, too.

Not this time.
Old 10-09-23, 05:09 PM   #100
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

If they did that? Congress has the Constitutional authority to grant letters of Marque. Privateers could then take Ships full of oil!
Sure it breaks an International Law the USA signed.
Like any other Nation don't break those every day.
Old 10-09-23, 05:17 PM   #101
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
They will go in and leave no stone unturned. This terror attack was too huge and serious as if they will do half work only. I would not be surprised if they take whatever it needs to indeed kill Hamas once and for all.

Myself, thats what I woudl do, yes. And if that needs all Gaza taken down, then so be it.

This time they must not stop before the job really is done. In the past they allowed global opinion to stop them too early, while not being fully committed themselves, too.

Not this time.
I'm on the same line as you. No mercy this time.

Markus

Old 10-09-23, 05:36 PM   #102
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

I was wondering about this, if proxy war Iran (using HAMAS) then has broken the recent Israeli/Saudi diplomacy.

Only one source so could be fake

Quote:
Saudi Arabia makes a big announcement over relations with Israel

Saudi Arabia has terminated all negotiations regarding normalizing relations with Israel. The decision to halt negotiations raises questions about regional diplomacy and the future of Middle East security. The sudden shift in Saudi policy may not be entirely clear at this point, but it can be speculated that the recent escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine might have played a significant role in this decision.

https://timesofislamabad.com/digital...1054-5004.jpeg

Quote:
Hamas attack delivers major blow to Biden's push for Saudi-Israel normalization

President Biden's painstaking campaign to strike a historic peace deal between Saudi Arabia and Israel was delivered a blow by Hamas' surprise invasion of Israel.

https://ground.news/article/israel-s...-attack_b5a2b5

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 10-09-23 at 05:49 PM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-23, 05:47 PM   #103
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
I was wondering about this, if proxy war Iran (using HAMAS) then has broken the recent Israeli/Saudi diplomacy.

Only one source so could be fake
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...7&postcount=28

"For Hamas, its about torpedoing the peace process between Israel and Saudi Arabia. Its said that SA could be willing to sign a peace deal with Israel. Thjats why Hamas wants Israel to flatten parts of Gazta and kill as many civilians as possible. That creates healdines SA probably would not ignore, like Egypt already has threatened."

And maybe the Saudis are not so assured about their security and stability situation at home.
Old 10-09-23, 07:21 PM   #104
Skybird
Soaring

The EU is already relativizing the announced suspension of payments to the Palestinian Arabs. Now they say that they are only suspended for as long as it takes to "review" the payments.
Old 10-09-23, 09:31 PM   #105
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Not this time.
Year after year, a tit for a tat and it never ends.

“You might as well appeal against a thunderstorm as against these terrible hardships of war. War is cruelty, there is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote