SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-22, 06:29 AM   #4486
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

BBC writes the democrats are projected to win key vote and keep control of the Senate. Thats the best performance of a sitting president at midterms in 20 years.
Or the worst performance of a challenger since 20 years.
An orange-red civil war could now errupt. Get your popcorn ready, the Donald is already salivating.
Old 11-13-22, 07:20 AM   #4487
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I guess Trump does not have much chance against his own former disciple?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 07:39 AM   #4488
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Some of my Danish and Swedish friends-Who support Trump has begun to indicate that there has been cheated in the counting of the votes.

Those of my friends who believe in the WEF conspiracy say it was them who made it so Biden would win. Klaus Schwab is the guilty one.
My response

I got blocked by a friend-after I asked-What happened with Russia I say if any country has tried to affect the election it's them the Russians. Klaus Schwab and WEF does not have the strength to do so.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 10:06 AM   #4489
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some of my Danish and Swedish friends-Who support Trump has begun to indicate that there has been cheated in the counting of the votes.

Those of my friends who believe in the WEF conspiracy say it was them who made it so Biden would win. Klaus Schwab is the guilty one.
My response

I got blocked by a friend-after I asked-What happened with Russia I say if any country has tried to affect the election it's them the Russians. Klaus Schwab and WEF does not have the strength to do so.

Markus
My take. As I said long ago. Trump, and the estimated 29,000 to 79,000 people who peacefully assembled in protest had every right to do so. However in my opinion it did not make it the right thing to do. All politics should have immediately stopped on December 12th when the electoral college convened and made its decision. I think it would have turned out differently if on that day Trump just waved to the crowd and said: so long and thanks for all the fish, I’ll seen you four years. If he would done that I might have atleast considered voting for him. But as it stands there’s not a snowballs chance in hell. The continuation of politics after December 12th I think bit the Republican/Trump campaign in the arse.

As for the democrat campaign they took to the streets over the protest on account of the illegal behavior of a small percentage of nut cases rioting after the event had ended. I think it wrong for a sitting president to associate and accuse the good people as extremists. Shame on him.

Next the Jackson MS case returning the decision of abortion back to the states. Another thing that may have swayed voters was the false promise of codifying Roe v Wade if democrats are elected. Easier said than done and most likely will never happen. Not because of Republicans blocking the matter but because the constitution gives no power to congress to do such things.

Which leads me to the next false promise made that may have influenced the massive turnout of democrat voters 18-29 olds . Paying off student loan debt, also found to be have been unconstitutional.

Good game everyone go team D go team R.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-13-22 at 10:24 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 10:25 AM   #4490
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Which leads me to the next false promise made that may have influenced the massive turnout of democrat voters 18-29 olds . Paying off student loan debt, also found to be have been unconstitutional.

I highly doubt that the entire age group is just focussed on one single issue.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 10:27 AM   #4491
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
I highly doubt that the entire age group is just focussed on one single issue.
Hence my use of the word ‘may’. Feel free to add any other issues which MAY explain the turn out.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-13-22 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-13-22, 10:44 AM   #4492
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Hence my use of the word ‘may’. Feel free to explain the other issues which MAY explain the turn out.

Income inequality, making saving for the future is much harder for them than for previous generations; Houses being unaffordable; finding an appropriate job (which does not result in becoming a wage slave), just to name a few.

Also a feeling of not being represented (and/or not even being taken serious) by the republicans at all, who seem to heavily favor older generations - and men, of course, which might be the reason why women in general and especially unmarried women voted in favor of the democrats with a significant margin (D+37).
Old 11-13-22, 10:45 AM   #4493
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Have you taken a look at some statistic over how the young 18-29 has voted in your Midterm Election.

I tried to find some info-without any luck.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 10:45 AM   #4494
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Younger generations tend to be more progressive, which goes against Republican policies in ever increasing ways. Simple as that.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 10:52 AM   #4495
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Have you taken a look at some statistic over how the young 18-29 has voted in your Midterm Election.

I tried to find some info-without any luck.

Markus

According to CNN, a few days ago:

Age 65+: R+13 (meaning that the republicans got 13 percentage points more than the democrats)
Age 45 - 64: R+11
Age 30 - 44: D+2
Age 18 - 29: D+28
Old 11-13-22, 12:00 PM   #4496
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Income inequality, making saving for the future is much harder for them than for previous generations; Houses being unaffordable; finding an appropriate job (which does not result in becoming a wage slave), just to name a few.

Also a feeling of not being represented (and/or not even being taken serious) by the republicans at all, who seem to heavily favor older generations - and men, of course, which might be the reason why women in general and especially unmarried women voted in favor of the democrats with a significant margin (D+37).

All well and good. My apologies, initially I was speaking specifically of ‘false promises’ made by a party which may have influenced a certain age group.. And in response to your answer I made a mistake to answer to ‘issues’ rather than what other ‘promises’. So allow me me to rephrase the question. What other promises were made which may have influenced the 18-29 year old age group?

But in response to the ‘issues’ for 18-29 year olds concerning income inequality and not getting enough teet time. It’s a fact of life most all Americans start out at the bottom, and over the years as they acquire experience and skills, they rise up. Which IMO is reflected in the statistical information from CNN. I think it’s safe to say as the children begin to see through the political jargon, and become older, wiser and richer they seem to vote Republican.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-13-22 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-13-22, 01:42 PM   #4497
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
All well and good. My apologies, initially I was speaking specifically of ‘false promises’ made by a party which may have influenced a certain age group.. And in response to your answer I made a mistake to answer to ‘issues’ rather than what other ‘promises’. So allow me me to rephrase the question. What other promises were made which may have influenced the 18-29 year old age group?

I don't know, and -quite honestly- like many people I don't think anyone really believes the promises politicians make (unless people are really daft). That age group simply is of the opionion that the democrats are more likely to do something for them, or rather that the republicans are simply more likely to ******* them over (and over).

Quote:
But in response to the ‘issues’ for 18-29 year olds concerning income inequality and not getting enough teet time. It’s a fact of life most all Americans start out at the bottom, and over the years as they acquire experience and skills, they rise up. Which IMO is reflected in the statistical information from CNN. I think it’s safe to say as the children begin to see through the political jargon, and become older, wiser and richer they seem to vote Republican.

This all implies the Republicans are the wiser choice.
They are not.

And I get the impression that you think that young people have the same opportunities you enjoyed a few decades ago. They don't. Most people start at the bottom, I agree with that, but young people these days are far more likely to remain at the bottom, no matter what they do, no matter how much experience and skills they aquire.
Old 11-13-22, 02:15 PM   #4498
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I believe that college tuition prices raised at about double the average inflation rate over the past forty years or so. Things are not equivelent to when my generation paid for an education.

Also, I don't think tuition relief had much of anything to do with the red flush. It was not a campaign promise to be realized after the election, it was already started and then shot down from a few states suing.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 03:00 PM   #4499
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I don't know, and -quite honestly- like many people I don't think anyone really believes the promises politicians make (unless people are really daft). That age group simply is of the opionion that the democrats are more likely to do something for them, or rather that the republicans are simply more likely to ******* them over (and over).
Then why do politicians make promises they don’t or can’t keep if not to sway voter opinion? How else do people come to the opinion that one party is going to screw them over if don’t they believe the party telling them that?

Quote:
This all implies the Republicans are the wiser choice.
They are not.
I said the children become wiser as they get richer and older. And I thought the stats YOU provided showed that.

Quote:
And I get the impression that you think that young people have the same opportunities you enjoyed a few decades ago. They don't. Most people start at the bottom, I agree with that, but young people these days are far more likely to remain at the bottom, no matter what they do, no matter how much experience and skills they aquire.
Political jargon aside the percentage of low income families hasn’t fluctuated more than four or five points up and down since 1964. The middle class they say is shrinking but again getting past the political jargon the reason is that so-called middle class income earners have gotten smaller is their incomes have more than tripled since the eighties placing them in the upper middle class.

Low income/ and to some extent lower middle class wages since the seventies has only risen 12% that is a problem but it has also been offset somewhat by reduced costs of certain goods and services, sans current inflation of course. It could also be remedied by collective bargaining, reduced health care and educations costs. But the opportunity for success still exists some just to get off their lazy arse and work it. The other 85 percent higher wage earners did.

The idea of relying on political parties to raise taxes as the answer so they get a free ride isn’t a solution.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-15-22 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-13-22, 03:08 PM   #4500
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I believe that college tuition prices raised at about double the average inflation rate over the past forty years or so. Things are not equivelent to when my generation paid for an education.

Also, I don't think tuition relief had much of anything to do with the red flush. It was not a campaign promise to be realized after the election, it was already started and then shot down from a few states suing.
As for the increase in tuition costs some say costs skyrocketed on account of ‘free money’ flowing from government. And as we all SHOULD know when you flood more currency into the money supply prices go up! It’s not rocket science. Left alone college tutition could have only risen so far before people said enough and institutions would have either been forced to lower costs or at least stabilize them. But instead government gets involved and starts flooding the market with more currency making it easier for colleges to keep jacking up the prices and why not? Government is paying for it! So the rich keep getting richer because you’re so willing to pay their salary with your taxes.

https://www.cato.org/blog/federal-st...insider-speaks

Quote:
In 1987 then‐​Secretary of Education William J. Bennett argued that “increases in financial aid in recent years have enabled colleges and universities blithely to raise their tuitions, confident that Federal loan subsidies would help cushion the increase.” The higher education establishment indignantly denied the claim.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned government sometimes loves creating problems so they can fix them.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-15-22 at 07:06 AM.