Closed Thread

Old 07-17-22, 01:16 PM   #5086
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I watched a couple, three speeches of the last persons and saw with what appetite they are swallow various kinds of fakes of the rotten through Ukro-Nazi regime and of the others russophobic lie.
One of the speakers very accurately indicated his location.
Ukro-Nazi regime Orly? Sod off, dictator lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 07-17-22, 01:20 PM   #5087
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Ukro-Nazi regime Orly? Sod off, dictator lover.
There are enough problems over in Ukraine right now without adding to them here on the Subsim forum so I will thank you to desist right now and thank you in advance for your co-operation.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-17-22, 01:54 PM   #5088
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

They seem scared since they come with such a threat

Quote:
Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev threatens Ukraine with a "judgement day" in the event of a strike on Crimea. The Presidential Office of Ukraine responded that Medvedev causes only pity.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/07/17/7358632/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 07-17-22, 01:56 PM   #5089
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I doubt many take him all that seriously seeing as how it is generally accepted he is looking to build support for replacing Putin whenever he lives one way or the other.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-17-22, 02:19 PM   #5090
Dargo
Admiral

UK defense chief: 50,000 Russian soldiers were either killed or injured. Admiral Sir Tony Radakin, British chief of the defense staff, told BBC that Russia lost over 30% of land combat effectiveness with nearly 1,700 tanks and nearly 4,000 armored fighting vehicles destroyed.

Quote:
Old 07-17-22, 02:52 PM   #5091
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
I watched a couple, three speeches of the last persons and saw with what appetite they are swallow various kinds of fakes of the rotten through Ukro-Nazi regime and of the others russophobic lie.
So you want to threaten anyone here? Grow up, compare the information you get, and cope with it.
edit: i am not anti-russian, but this thing that Putin started cannot be justified.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-17-22 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-17-22, 03:42 PM   #5092
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Old 07-17-22, 03:53 PM   #5093
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I doubt many take him all that seriously seeing as how it is generally accepted he is looking to build support for replacing Putin whenever he lives one way or the other.
I said one or two days ago the same concern - before Medvedev. I think that scenario is real. The Russians cannot give up the Crimean. The loss of face in their view would be too big. In mine and ours, too.

Its the Crimean. Its Sewastopol. Its tradition, history, nationalistic narration, sentimentality, dreams of a glorious past - its all that and then more. Its Putin, and Putin always escalates, cannot accept to be seen as weak, must slam fists on table and stomp with his feet. Macho worldview. Men are tough and strong. Russians are invincible. Boys dont cry.

I think if there is a realistic chance for an offensive against Crimea, they should go for it. But not without being properly prepared to retaliate in case of the Russians then runnign total amok. I bet 3:1 they would. Crimea is a red rag for them.

Better maybe to destroy Kerch bridge, establish an air traffic denial zone via SAMs and and anti-ship missile screen in the Asow sea, retake the Southern coast of Ukraine to the Black sea, and then cut the water supply from the North (Ukraine) to the South (Crimea). Maybe not clever to attack the Crimean peninsula head on. Let Russia choke on it while Crimea gets stuck in its gullet.

But first Ukraine must get there, and win the rest of the war first. I dont take it for granted they can. Its open. Time is on Russia's side.
Old 07-17-22, 04:34 PM   #5094
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The journalist Marina Ovsyannikova, who became known through her protest action against the military intervention in Ukraine, which was shown live on Russian television, has been arrested in Russia. This was announced on Sunday evening by her lawyer and her family. There is no information about the journalist's current whereabouts.
Old 07-17-22, 04:45 PM   #5095
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I said one or two days ago the same concern - before Medvedev. I think that scenario is real. The Russians cannot give up the Crimean. The loss of face in their view would be too big. In mine and ours, too.

Its the Crimean. Its Sewastopol. Its tradition, history, nationalistic narration, sentimentality, dreams of a glorious past - its all that and then more. Its Putin, and Putin always escalates, cannot accept to be seen as weak, must slam fists on table and stomp with his feet. Macho worldview. Men are tough and strong. Russians are invincible. Boys dont cry.

I think if there is a realistic chance for an offensive against Crimea, they should go for it. But not without being properly prepared to retaliate in case of the Russians then runnign total amok. I bet 3:1 they would. Crimea is a red rag for them.

Better maybe to destroy Kerch bridge, establish an air traffic denial zone via SAMs and and anti-ship missile screen in the Asow sea, retake the Southern coast of Ukraine to the Black sea, and then cut the water supply from the North (Ukraine) to the South (Crimea). Maybe not clever to attack the Crimean peninsula head on. Let Russia choke on it while Crimea gets stuck in its gullet.

But first Ukraine must get there, and win the rest of the war first. I dont take it for granted they can. Its open. Time is on Russia's side.
Now where did I read it I can't remember only that someone wrote

They(Ukrainian forces) don't have to take Crimea-It's enough they take Kherson oblast thereby they can cut.... to Crimea.

Markus

Old 07-17-22, 05:14 PM   #5096
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
[...] They(Ukrainian forces) don't have to take Crimea-It's enough they take Kherson oblast thereby they can cut.... to Crimea.
Markus
Ukraine should take back all the territory illegally occupied by Russia including Crimea, only question is whether they will be able to.
I am still for putting boots on the ground in Ukraine by the free world. Maybe just individually (not as Nato). Or even with Nato, does not matter. Russia has to be stopped.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-17-22, 05:17 PM   #5097
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Now where did I read it I can't remember only that someone wrote

They(Ukrainian forces) don't have to take Crimea-It's enough they take Kherson oblast thereby they can cut.... to Crimea.

Markus
The Kherson oblast is the water supply for Crimea, if Ukraine controls Kherson oblast they have ports for exporting grain, and they can cut the water supply to Crimea

Quote:
Old 07-17-22, 05:35 PM   #5098
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Ukraine should take back all the territory illegally occupied by Russia including Crimea, only question is whether they will be able to.
I am still for putting boots on the ground in Ukraine by the free world. Maybe just individually (not as Nato). Or even with Nato, does not matter. Russia has to be stopped.
I totally agree-As you said will they be able to-I doubt it for now.

Kherson would be easier to take.

Boots on the ground-Here I have some thoughts..Can't make up with myself whether I support it or not.

Markus

Old 07-17-22, 07:11 PM   #5099
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 07-17-22, 10:46 PM   #5100
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

I vote Jeff get a Nobel peace prize for this!