SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-09, 01:03 AM   #61
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

IIRC Tomi has to finish the Type II sub interior before the launch, that could be some time, not a simple job! Hows the pressure Jim?

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 06-29-09 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-30-09, 03:22 AM   #62
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
IIRC Tomi has to finish the Type II sub interior before the launch, that could be some time, not a simple job! Hows the pressure Jim?
Levelling off just a wee bit Reece

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-30-09, 04:11 AM   #63
oRGy
Crusty

Downloads: 8

Bit of an old hand here and due to work I don't really have the time to play computer games anymore, but I do pop in now and again to see how things are going...

I'd just like to say that I think the GWX website is superb - elegant and very helpful in all respects. Very impressive! And the video of the interactive control room, as well as Tomi's engine room = stunning.

One question though re the GWX development work, are you moving your art/sound/campaign assets straight over to SHIV or having to recreate/redo them all again due to copyright or other reasons? There are a lot of nice ships, planes, ops in e.g. GWX 3.0 and merchant packs etc. Would be a shame not to see them again - and I personally don't like the look of most SHIV (default or TMO) craft at all, they don't look at all realistic, very dirty and 'gamey' looking skins, etc.

Old 06-30-09, 06:41 AM   #64
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Orgy, graphics on SH4 looks awfull indeed. I decided to give a peek myself to see what it's like with a u-boat mission addon.

Well if you could remember the ships in stock SH3 were also dirty, rusty and looked very old..

But what I mostely dislike about graphics in SH4 is:

Water looks like an ocean of quicksilver in a sunny day looking at it from specific angle. (but it looks real good when viewed from the air looking steep at the water)

The navigation map is something like very cartoonish style made as well as the light clouds passing by in the sky with unbelievable speed sometimes.

I could hardly tell what is going on with the water in a stormy weather where there should be a big waves, instead of only white slurs appearing/dissapearing (sea foam probably) around.

It might be just me but, I can basically feel a moisture floating in u-boat interior and a sweaty air outside everywhere too. Because of how it looks I guess.

It's looks good when you're at the Indian ocean, but would feel weird in the North Atlantic..

Best of luck for GWX team to deal with all the troubles they might be facing

Old 06-30-09, 07:27 AM   #65
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRGy View Post
Bit of an old hand here and due to work I don't really have the time to play computer games anymore, but I do pop in now and again to see how things are going...

I'd just like to say that I think the GWX website is superb - elegant and very helpful in all respects. Very impressive! And the video of the interactive control room, as well as Tomi's engine room = stunning.

One question though re the GWX development work, are you moving your art/sound/campaign assets straight over to SHIV or having to recreate/redo them all again due to copyright or other reasons? There are a lot of nice ships, planes, ops in e.g. GWX 3.0 and merchant packs etc. Would be a shame not to see them again - and I personally don't like the look of most SHIV (default or TMO) craft at all, they don't look at all realistic, very dirty and 'gamey' looking skins, etc.
Your comments are much appreciated oRGy

The GWX website in particular is the excellent work of VikingGrandad.

Of the remainder of your enquiry......some of that has yet to be decided, but high on our list of decision making priorities.

Old 06-30-09, 11:39 AM   #66
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36

To JIMBUNA,

I know this might seem like a silly question and dont answer if ya dont want too.(I know ye might want to give away too much)

Wil the team be putting cabin lights on the ships, like in GWX3?
(I seen a pic on the GWX4 preview of a merchant with lights, will be with all?)

And if so do u know if it can be done for ports and cities?

Sorry I just absoulty loved the atmosphe that gave to GWX3 at night.

EGO.

Old 06-30-09, 12:29 PM   #67
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoApocalypse View Post
To JIMBUNA,

I know this might seem like a silly question and dont answer if ya dont want too.(I know ye might want to give away too much)

Wil the team be putting cabin lights on the ships, like in GWX3?
(I seen a pic on the GWX4 preview of a merchant with lights, will be with all?)

And if so do u know if it can be done for ports and cities?

Sorry I just absoulty loved the atmosphe that gave to GWX3 at night.

EGO.
I do not want to cause offence to any genuine enquirer here but we did say a good while back in the GWX4 development thread (IIRC) that we would be working on a silent running basis with GWX4, which simply means I'm not at liberty to share any details atm.

I am watching over the project on a temporary basis until KL our Project Manager is able to resume his position and certainly don't want to inadvertently run the boat aground during that period.

I'm confident an announcement or announcements will be forthcoming in the future.

Old 06-30-09, 01:04 PM   #68
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
I am watching over the project on a temporary basis until KL our Project Manager is able to resume his position
Now this looks like an announcement in itself, at least for me. Maybe I missed a few posts, but the last time I checked with GWX, Privateer was in charge. Should I understand he stepped back from the top position in the team?

Anyway, good luck GWX! Take your time and do whatever needs to be done, because what you've shown so far is looking more than good
Old 06-30-09, 01:31 PM   #69
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36

Quote:
I do not want to cause offence to any genuine enquirer here but we did say a good while back in the GWX4 development thread (IIRC) that we would be working on a silent running basis with GWX4, which simply means I'm not at liberty to share any details atm.

I am watching over the project on a temporary basis until KL our Project Manager is able to resume his position and certainly don't want to inadvertently run the boat aground during that period.

I'm confident an announcement or announcements will be forthcoming in the future.
Cheers dude, thought there would of been some sort of prior post that I missed, thats why I dont post much.

Anyways your a gent and thanks,

Old 07-01-09, 08:27 AM   #70
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Jimbuna

Will you be continuing your role as the "Public Face" of GWX ?

I do hope so as it is a position you excel at and certainly does wonders for the GWX team image.

Old 07-01-09, 09:05 AM   #71
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber View Post
@Jimbuna

I do hope so as it is a position you excel at and certainly does wonders for the GWX team image.
-----------------------------

The Show must go on!!
Old 07-01-09, 09:06 AM   #72
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber View Post
@Jimbuna

Nope, Uber Gruber. Your stuck with me and you'll just have to live with it.

Good to see you're as cheerful and positive as ever!

Now be a good troll and run along.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 07-01-09 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-01-09, 09:44 AM   #73
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Now this looks like an announcement in itself, at least for me. Maybe I missed a few posts, but the last time I checked with GWX, Privateer was in charge. Should I understand he stepped back from the top position in the team?
I would like to hear the answer about this as well Lets bring this underwater flow to surface

Old 07-01-09, 09:57 AM   #74
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
...but we did say a good while back in the GWX4 development thread (IIRC) that we would be working on a silent running basis with GWX4...
That will be all we are going to say concerning the status of the project for now.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Old 07-01-09, 02:34 PM   #75
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Sonar, give me a position report on that U-Boat, pronto! I've lost him in the periscope!

I dunno Captain, he just wanished... Gone from sonar too, you want me to ping him?

Go ahead. One ping only on the last reported bearing.

No weturn Captain. He's wanished into thin air....or water......whatewer....

Damn, gotta be that GWX4 U-Boat gone cloaked again. And he was right THERE, solid as a rock. Then he just.....

Wanished!
Closed Thread