SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-08, 01:33 AM   #1
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Default GWX Mod Team Change of Command

For supporters who have followed the movements of the Grey Wolves Mod Team since its last release, you are no doubt aware that we had tied up the boat along the quayside and sent the crew on shore leave to relax as best they could pending the next patrol.

During that time, the team officers saw to the difficult task of preparing for the future of the project. In many ways, it has been tougher on the team than any challenge faced in previous development cycles.

Speaking for myself, I feel that during the time 'in-port' I failed the team, and specifically, in failure to communicate effectively I failed its leader, Bigboywooly. I have counted him as a friend far beyond the massive work he did for the team and the project. It is with more than a little pain that the inescapable duty falls to me to announce that BBW has stepped down as GWX Project manager for personal reasons. Our honorable Pablo, will be stepping into the huge boots he left behind as the successor GWX campaign-master.

BBW, you and your humor sir... are sorely missed. Know that you are welcome at home in whatever capacity we might again have your company. Fair winds and following seas, mate.

Pablo, thank you for stepping into the campaign office. Your historical expertise and attention to detail precede you and the crew stands with much relief with your acceptance of the post.

Finally, and with the gravity befitting this announcement, over the last week the GWX Dev Team has elected a new project manager.

Effective immediately, Privateer will assume the new role of GWX Project Manager for the duration of the GWX4 project. Moving forward into SH4 platform modding, Privateer brings with him much real life leadership experience drawn from his time with the 82nd Airborne as an NCO on the battlefield, from owning his own business, and from departmental matters related to previous GWX builds for the SH3 platform.

Privateer carries with him the necessary passion and fire for the project, U-boat simulation and War history that drove me for so long... and he stands unphased by the prospect of all the unseen obstacles ahead. Indeed those obstacles have always existed.

For anyone who doubts his ability to get the job done, I tried like heck to scare him with all the things unrelated to modding that he may encounter that relate to the completion of the project...

... and I'll leave you with one of his thoughts from one of our most recent conversations concerning the change of command and things in the GWX 4 pipeline...

"They aren't gonna know what hit them!"

I get the feeling that new socks are going to be in heavy demand in the days to come.

Kpt. Privateer. You have the con!

...and you have my personal support in whatever way that I am able to give it.

~SALUTE!~

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 07-31-08 at 06:36 AM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 04:19 AM   #2
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Salute Mr Privateer.

As is tradition, this now belongs to you.

Enjoy it.:p
Old 07-29-08, 05:11 AM   #3
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Good luck, boys!
Old 07-29-08, 05:55 AM   #4
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Boys?

Congratulations to Privateer and all of us who now sail with him.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 06:01 AM   #5
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Salute Mr Privateer.

As is tradition, this now belongs to you.

Enjoy it.:p
Well, what a coincidence. That hat is just like the mod Privateer made up and sent me when he first joined Subsim a few years ago.
Now he's heading the GWX team. Who would've thought it? Guess you need to be determined and focussed to lead a team as successful as GWX. One thing's for certain he's as tough as old boots...not many people survive a keel-hauling and live to tell the tale...not that he ever did tell BTW. :rotfl:

Congratulations!

I'd also like to express my appreciation of all the work BBW put in to GWX (and SH3 in general). He helped more than a few of us non modding ignoramusses to understand the mysteries of ship placement, how to make new ports etc. His tutorials were excellent and he always responded to the daftest questions and complaints with help and good humour.

Certainly hope that he will be around in future...if not here, then over on the SH3 forum.

Judging by the research which went the GWX manuals ( IMHO the best manuals for any game, ever ) I'm sure Pablo will do a fine job with the historical campaigns. But I suppose this means that he won't be around as a moderator on this forum??? If so, that's a pity, I don't often come over here ( don't actually have SH4 yet ) but from what little I've seen, he's got just the right touch for moderating.
Note, I'm not saying that most of the others haven't !!!.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 06:36 AM   #6
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

MODERATOR HAT OFF:

Hi!

I'm holding down a couple of jobs at once, aside from R/L. I think we'll make it!

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 07:07 AM   #7
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
MODERATOR HAT OFF:

Hi!

I'm holding down a couple of jobs at once, aside from R/L. I think we'll make it!

Pablo
Hope so too!

Hals und Beinbruch
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 07:19 AM   #8
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Gonna miss BigBoyWobbly.

Hurrah for Privateer.

Hurrah for Pablo.
Old 07-29-08, 07:21 AM   #9
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Many, Many Thanks "Alpha male" for everything You have organized and made with "wolfpack" for this simulation community...

Enjoy your retirement patrols... and laugh at "exchange of fire" betwen new pack leader and bunch of smarteys - requesting their personal GWX4 :rotfl:

Brave decision of new Doenitz... let the Atlantic winds be with You...

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 08:24 AM   #10
ryoga_77
A-ganger

Downloads: 91

First of all congrats to Privateer and Pablo for their new respective positions and thanks for the continued efforts of the GW team!

Second,will there be Photo recon , agent insertion , supply delivery or airman rescue type of missions for GWX 4 ?

Or is it just a case of keeping your card deck close to your chest!
ryoga_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 09:28 AM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The very best of luck for the future to my friends Privateer and Pablo

Spectemur Agendo!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 10:31 AM   #12
Reise
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Good luck both
Old 07-29-08, 11:06 AM   #13
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

I wish you guys the best

sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 12:47 PM   #14
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Finally, and with the gravity befitting this announcement, over the last week the GWX Dev Team has elected a new project manager.
Great news!

Kpt. Lehmann definitely needs some rest because of too excessive wear. It's high time for him to go to sleep.

HEARTFELT THANKS!
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 05:22 PM   #15
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Here ya go Privateer, Courtesy of Mr Danlisa... you're going to need this.

Just don't meddle with my charts!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote