SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-08, 07:11 AM   #16
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'd just like to say its quite sunny outside so i'm off for a stroll whilst i eat my apple.

See you in a while.
Old 07-22-08, 08:34 AM   #17
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202
Uploads: 0

Look, its the dawning of a new era for Subsim. A time for the burying of hatchets and the cleaning of slates. Lets resolve this peacefully, and move on. Them freighters aint gonna sink themselves!
Old 07-22-08, 09:27 AM   #18
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
As the “one and only” developer of Operations Monsun I am still patiently waiting for a formal request by way of PM to use OM files. When that happens I will see what can be worked out.

For the 24th Flotilla developer please review the permissions section of the Operation Monsun readme file that is in the first post of this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922

Lurker.
That's 'all' guys
Old 07-22-08, 02:17 PM   #19
juanchez
Seaman

Downloads: 36

Ok guys, Mix just apologized on behalf of Richi and I'm pretty sure he'll be sending out all the formal requests very soon.

Please, don't be too hard on Richi. I've known him for a few years now in the 24th and just take my word when I say he's really a nice guy with no bad intentions at all. I'm positive he never tried neither stealing anything nor taking credit for other people's work.

He's a generous guy, always working hard for getting us a better game in every sense, believe me.

For you native English speaking people here: just try to put on his feet trying to read a big read me file in a foreign lenguage you don't understand at all.

He made a mistake, no bad intentions at all. Apologies are on their way. Let's move forward and enjoy his, after all, awesome job. All due credits will be posted soon, as they should have been right from the start.

And let's even improve his work, you talented modders here.
juanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 12:50 AM   #20
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

To Martes86 and 24th Flotilla Staff,

Until now, I have been unaware of the 24th Flotilla history that you mention, and I can tell you definitively that no element of GWX Mod Team decision making has been influenced by individual nationalities or by the fact that Richi was from the 24th Flotilla. Heck, the GWX website has a direct link to the 24th Flotilla website. This has been a non-issue for the GWX Mod Team, and we don't understand why you feel that it is.

Infact I personally saw to it that the 24th Flotilla, and its representatives amongst the GWX testing crew (Beltza, Richi, and Caminante) were given special attention as far s I could offer it. (For the 24th Flotilla I personally posted developmental updates to their public forums until I was no longer able to log into those forums.)

The ONLY interest the above representatives expressed to me related to translation of the GWX mod to the Spanish language. For this matter we gave much support.

Concerning Richi's wishes to be involved in the development of GWX (as mentioned my Martes86):
At no time did Richi or his fellows message me about other 'creative matters.' It is true that they were invited to join the GWX Testing Crew once we'd reached an appropriate stage of development. It is also true that given the developmental cohesion we had attained, and the proximity to having a viable release, adding further developers to the mixture would have made for much confusion.

We (the GWX Mod Team... and obviously others such as Lurker_HLB3) believe that taking without asking is wrong. It is also a simple concept that knows no borders and knows no language barrier. The simple act of asking permission would have prevented MOST of this problem by allowing the involved source modders to assist with crediting.

Though much remains to be reviewed via PM with the affected parties, we appreciate the apology, and continue to hope for a positive solution. However, the veracity of Richi's intent must stand up to the ongoing exploration currently playing out via PM.

Though it is most certainly unpleasant stuff, an overly swift judgement in any direction would only result in an incomplete solution and invites repetition of similar situations in the days ahead.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 07-23-08 at 01:23 AM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 10:53 PM   #21
Flick
Sparky

Downloads: 8

Well let me put it to all you ladies and gents here I have been around this mountain prior to 2002. There have been ups and downs meaining ********. I have been a 110% supporter here and a moderator at http://www.subclub.info/phpBB_subclub/index.php

Where we play monthly on line mp games and I dont see any from here playing there seeing that Onkel Neal owns and pays for that location. There have been mistakes made at subclub http://www.subclub.info/phpBB_subclub/index.php and posts have been made apogising for the errors. Lets get down to humanrian ers.
I can and will back up and support Martes as he is that what he says will deliver and this is to all Kpt. Lehmann and BigBoywooly. Who I havent seen at Subclub posting a reply to ?????? we had. Let me know if you both have a problem posting at subcub...

BTW there have been changes made there as to well you know what I mean

MODERATOR EDIT: Acceptable language

Last edited by Pablo; 07-24-08 at 06:34 AM.
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 11:19 PM   #22
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Flick,

I think many of us would like to be members of many forums, and to be involved everywhere. However, there are only so many hours in the day.

In the meantime, we all have to be patient with this process.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 07:08 AM   #23
Flick
Sparky

Downloads: 8

I agree Kpt. Lehmann and I do try to find some time in the day to be proactive at Subclub and here seeing Neal is paying the bill for both forums.
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-08, 04:11 PM   #24
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18

Hi everyone,

I know lots of you people have been expecting news on this mod pack. The fact is, we expected things to run much smoother, but this hasn't been the case.

While we were able to gain OM's trust (if you tell the truth, then there's nothing to fear) and made some good friends there in the process, things have been going slowly with GWX's team. Despite my attempts to show them we (me and Richi) were being 100% honest with them, it seems my claims were not being completely convincing. And yesterday I received confirmation that we were explicitly denied permission to use GWX2's campaign. It hasn't been a well received decision, but we accept it, and act accordingly.

Therefore, I sadly announce that, while Richi is already working on a replacement based on Rubini's files (which he has already granted us permission to use), we're definitely retiring the previous pack. Since he's going on vacation, he won't be able to seriously start working on it until september, and a release should be expected in a date after Octber 1st, but that will be subject to change depending on all already known factors in modding.

But it's not all lost, since OM v4's beta is already out, it should do fairly well at replacing the gap our pack is temporarily leaving. And since they've happily offered us their help in both development and testing, things should go a bit faster with our own pack, now that we're looking at a fluid cooperation between the 24th, OM, and all the other groups within the Silent Hunter Modding community.

We regret all the "hype" created around the pack, but rest assured, it will be released properly, just at a later date.
We also regret that we couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement with GWX, but we've always had a nice relation with them, so we hope things can go better in the foreseeable future in terms of creative sharing, and that this little problem doesn't stain the good friendship we had.
BTW, congratulations to Privateer in his new posting, best of luck at it.

Cheers
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-08, 05:05 PM   #25
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Old 07-30-08, 07:09 PM   #26
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by martes86
yesterday I received confirmation that we were explicitly denied permission to use GWX2's campaign.
While I do not condone the way in which Richi went about his work showing very little respect and common courtesy GWX have missed the chance to show that they were about the community.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-08, 01:04 AM   #27
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Teddy Bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martes86
yesterday I received confirmation that we were explicitly denied permission to use GWX2's campaign.
While I do not condone the way in which Richi went about his work showing very little respect and common courtesy GWX have missed the chance to show that they were about the community.
Possibly. It is just as likely that GWX may benefit the community just as much by retaining the rights to their work and shaping it into a mod to be released in the future.

However, all sides have agreed on a resolution and that is significant.
Old 07-31-08, 04:11 AM   #28
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Possibly. It is just as likely that GWX may benefit the community just as much by retaining the rights to their work and shaping it into a mod to be released in the future.

However, all sides have agreed on a resolution and that is significant.
I see it otherwise as doing so would not disadvantage GWX in any way to shaping this into their future release. In the mean time people could be enjoying this work for the 6-9 months that it will take until GWX re-release it in a mod package for SH4.
In the meantime an existing mod has been pulled from the shelf and has to be reworked which does disadvantage the community.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote