SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-08, 09:09 AM   #31
csengoi
A-ganger

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Yes, it was.
And actually I've decided if to pursue a convoy wheter my fuel was efficient to do so.
It is needed...
csengoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 09:57 AM   #32
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by csengoi
Yes, it was.
And actually I've decided if to pursue a convoy wheter my fuel was efficient to do so.
It is needed...
It wasn't left out, it's

[Cmd257]
Name=Report_time_to_turn

in the ...........\Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg file. I don't believe it has a command normally assigned to it but if you add the following line below the last line for that command, then pressing Shift and G at the same time will execute the command.

Key0=0x47,s,"Shift+G"

You can also use JimiMadrid's menu maker program to add a button to your command bar for the command.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 09:53 PM   #33
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
I'd like to note it would be very appreciated if future GWX-like mods for SH4 were reasonably resource consuming. For example mission loading time in GWX is 10 minutes and in SH4 it is usually a half of minute. Many tons of additional graphic stuff is not necessary in SH4 game because of genuinely very good graphics in the stock game.
GWX almost doubles the file size of SH3. There are many new ships, planes and things to see. SH4 is different in that it doesn't load the whole war, just the immediate time frame of your mission. This is why people who go back to Midway and 'refit' several times are suddenly posting here to ask why there are no longer any ships around. This will almost certainly cut down GWX4 loading times as well, but they will also have the extra units, so perhaps the times won't be reduced as much as you'd like.
Old 08-04-08, 05:16 AM   #34
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackman
Quote:
I have some questions:

In SH3 there is report, where the engeneer tells me the maximum range of the boat at current speed. Is this report absolutely missing from SH4?

Why isn't there weather report?
I was wondering the same thing... Don't have a clue why they left it out.... it was actually...very helpful
There IS a weather report.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 05:23 AM   #35
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger
as you all know, it is much appreciated by the community to get as many as possible information about the development process while the customers are waiting for the new product. could you please install a dev diary thread or give us screenshots about the dev status?
With all due respect, that is the WORST thing they could do. The creative process, when it is left to work best, is full of blind alleys, changes in decisions and the like. Sometimes the authorship process is not pretty. Putting raw ideas out there in a dev log is just building expectation of something the team might find they don't even want in a month.

It builds unteasonable (whoa, I'm leaving that one in! That's GOOD!) expectations of dozens of features the final release will not have. So when the mod is released, the general reaction will be disappointment that this or that feature you fell in love with on the development log isn't in there.

Much better to go dark, say nothing and imitate a dead man until the mod suddenly appears fullblown to everyone's amazement and delight. Development of a major mod should not be a reality show.

Just my opinion, but I'm right!:rotfl:
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 07:59 AM   #36
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
It builds unteasonable (whoa, I'm leaving that one in! That's GOOD!) expectations...
It stands to teason that you'd do something like that. I would try to change your mind, but sometimes there's just no teasoning with you.:p
Old 08-04-08, 12:15 PM   #37
csengoi
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:
Yes, it was.
It is needed...
It wasn't left out, it's

[Cmd257]
Name=Report_time_to_turn

in the ...........\Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg file. I don't believe it has a command normally assigned to it but if you add the following line below the last line for that command, then pressing Shift and G at the same time will execute the command.

Key0=0x47,s,"Shift+G"

You can also use JimiMadrid's menu maker program to add a button to your command bar for the command.
Thanks a lot!
I'll try out this.
Old 08-04-08, 01:39 PM   #38
csengoi
A-ganger

Weather report is also there, indeed. I wonder why these commands were left out from the commandbar?