SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-24, 08:50 PM   #61
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I hate moving. I mean, I really hate it. And I like Virginia ... and the United States. But ...

If Texas seceded, I'd seriously consider moving there.
Old 03-29-24, 09:12 PM   #62
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If and when Texas and it's habitants decide to leave USA I'm convinced it will be a peaceful divorce

Can Texas survive on its own ?

Markus
Doesn't seem like it can right now even with Federal help....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 11:28 PM   #63
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Air Supremacy didn't help much in Vietnam. Didn't win Afganistan either.
And a Government move of force on Texas is gonna make 47 other States sit up and notice.
If they do that to Texas? We may be next. Not to mention not ALL in the Military are gonna just comply.
Was not the scenario here that Texas had seceded from the US? The Federal government is not moving force at random here. It has an entire Army Corps and who knows how many Naval and Air Force assets stuck 100's of miles inside of now enemy territory, but not tens of thousands away in the case of Vietnam and Afghanistan. The Feds certainly have the power to defeat anything the Texans could throw at them. Would there be an insurgency? Of course but flat and open Texas will be the toughest kind of ground to fight one in if the Feds can see every move.

And i'm curious, what about the other two states you didn't mention? Why wouldn't they follow the other 47s lead? I'd think by that point concern would be unanimous!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 09:37 AM   #64
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

No insurgency needed, we just need to push politically, constantly, employ MLK and Gandhi's victim-whining tactics, have referendums and protests, make life hell for immigrants and visitors until the liberal elite in Washington/California/NY give up and say "to hell with you, Texas". We can sort out the federal properties and cut ties with the US.

The United States of America is a dying dynasty. If Texas can break free and return to its conservative, no-nonsense roots, I'm all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If and when Texas and it's habitants decide to leave USA I'm convinced it will be a peaceful divorce

Can Texas survive on its own ?

Markus
Sure it could, why not? We could trade with the US and Mexico in areas where mutual interests exist.

Yes, it would have to be a peaceful divorce, for sure.

After the split, the US would take a few million liberal refugees, all the illegal aliens, the homeless and drug addled, then Texas would be set. Low crime, no nonsense, a place where decent, level-headed people would work diligently for a good life.
Old 03-30-24, 10:32 AM   #65
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

They wont let you go peacefully, they expect you to do "your part" for "investing" into the growing state budget. Maybe you can secede by force - but you will have to fight and suffer for it.

There are a very few historians who argue that this was the real reason for the civil war. The North had pushed industrialization at the cost of letting its debts explode, now wanted the South to pay "its fair share" for it. They could not command this to independent states, so concluded they needed to enforce a one-state nation with a centralised government, and so the ball got rolling, rallying people for this cause by hiding it and instead pretending that one was about freeing the slaves.

A believable scenario in my eyes. Its always about the money.
Old 04-19-24, 12:49 AM   #66
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Let's work together to get us out
Putin, et al., would love to see the U.S. Balkanized.
Old 04-19-24, 08:07 AM   #67
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
No insurgency needed, we just need to push politically, constantly, employ MLK and Gandhi's victim-whining tactics, have referendums and protests, make life hell for immigrants and visitors until the liberal elite in Washington/California/NY give up and say "to hell with you, Texas". We can sort out the federal properties and cut ties with the US.

The United States of America is a dying dynasty. If Texas can break free and return to its conservative, no-nonsense roots, I'm all in.

Sure it could, why not? We could trade with the US and Mexico in areas where mutual interests exist.

Yes, it would have to be a peaceful divorce, for sure.

After the split, the US would take a few million liberal refugees, all the illegal aliens, the homeless and drug addled, then Texas would be set. Low crime, no nonsense, a place where decent, level-headed people would work diligently for a good life.
So you guys are not only going to leave but you are going to do some ethnic cleansing when you do. I wonder though, how are you going to determine who is a liberal or not? Will there be some sort of Mischling test to prove suitability? Those subhumans are quite sneaky you know.

Then there is all those Mexicans and their descendants. What will you Pure Texans do with them?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-24, 09:07 AM   #68
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I wonder though, how are you going to determine who is a liberal or not?
Just round up anybody who walks into a Starbucks or Panera. Follow all the Grab drivers to wherever their orders were placed from. Setup a camera in the vegan isle at the grocery store.
Old 04-19-24, 10:41 AM   #69
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

The Texas politicians are just pissing in the wind and getting wet as usual, that should show the populace they haven't got the brains to do the job.

Tags
texit