Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-15, 07:14 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Icon12 Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well, Avengers 2 seems to be tracking well. I found it entertaining, especially the part where Hawkeye tells Scarlett Witch the bit about the situation they were in:

"The city is flying! We're fighting an army of robots! And I have a bow and arrow! None of this makes sense!"

Pure Joss Whedon.

Iron Man got in a good one too

Iron Man (facing a bunch of enemy guards): "Guys, lets talk about this."
(Shoots everyone)
Iron Man: "That was a good talk!"
Injured Guard: "No it wasn't!"

So they're going for the triple crown in the next Marvel movie, Captain America: Civil War. Gonna have a whole mess of heroes in it, maybe even Spidey
http://io9.com/the-entire-marvel-cin...n-c-1702873410
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 04:43 AM   #2
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

I saw it last monday, it's a good sequel and marvel super-hero action film. In relation with the first, it feels that they glue the scenes and just went for all action and less story.
Pitty they didn't included Coulson in the movie.

Yes, Cap 3 almost is a Avenges movie! But before that, Ant-man!

Neal, did you see Daredevil series, or not a fan of the hero?
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 09:38 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Oh yes, big fan of DD, from the beginning. I saw the Netflix series, loved it. Looking forward to season 2. The is Legend. Did you hear they are making several series with other Marvel B heroes, and plan to tie them all in together? Awesome new entertainment package.

Quote:
In the film business, Marvel Studios accomplished something never before seen, building a shared cinematic universe with a series of interconnected films beginning with 2008’s Iron Man and big screen team-ups (The Avengers). On the television side, they’re attempting to push the envelope as well with Marvel TV signing a landmark agreement with Netflix.

Confirming a report from three weeks ago indicating that Marvel is developing four TV shows and a miniseries (a total of 60 potential episodes) and pitching it to various networks, Disney-Marvel and Netflix have joined forces for exactly this. In what’s described as an “unprecedented deal,” Netflix is expanding their partnership with Disney after signing an agreement last year for first-run rights to their movies in the U.S. beginning in 2016 – which does of course include Marvel Studios properties and whatever’s in the pipeline from newer acquisition Lucasfilm.

The new deal will see Netflix exclusively airing original Marvel live-action TV programming based in the “gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York.” This will begin in 2015 with Daredevil, an intellectual property reacquired by Marvel Studios from Twentieth Century Fox last year. Jessica Jones, previously talked about as a potential ABC series, is next on the list, followed by other fan-favorite characters in Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix...jessica-jones/

I don't know anything about Jessica Jones (was after my time) but I was there for the beginning of Luke Cage, Hero for Hire and Iron Fist.
Old 05-09-15, 04:49 AM   #4
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Yes, after what the Honest Trailers people called (over ten years ago), Batfleck begins, we got a great DareDevil adaptation!
Jessica Jones is also after my comics time, but I know all the other caracters. Plus, Charlie Cox expressed that we wanted to be in Captain America 3, Punisher for season 2 of DD and so on!
It will be good years for MCU!
Old 05-10-15, 01:53 AM   #5
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Did you hear they are making several series with other Marvel B heroes, and plan to tie them all in together? Awesome new entertainment package.
Awesome new massive expenditure on "Lego" too, when my son finds out. He wants the sets just to get the figures, then sometimes builds only the figures.

We loved "Daredevil"; I love all this and the DC stuff as well, despite having no personal investment with it as a child or a teenager (I grew up with Gerry Anderson). I think "Winter Warrior" was the last DVD we got. Grrrrreat!

PS: Did Spidey ever have any trouble with evil squirrels?
Old 05-10-15, 05:15 AM   #6
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post
PS: Did Spidey ever have any trouble with evil squirrels?
Rodents and arachnids, poles apart.

Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 08:49 AM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

You know, I've been going back and re-reading the original 200 issues of Spidey (through Essential Spider-man volumes), and it struck me, that a large part of the visual appeal of Spidey's comics is the poses and body language as he is drawn. Study any given issue, and when he is fighting hoods or super villians, he doesn't merely assume a boxer's pose, but he is flipping around, fists pumping out to score hits, jumping and twisting. Plus all the unique web swinging poses. Man, I bet that was fun for the artists to draw. Not only is the dialogue telling the story, but the illustrations are leaving an impression on the reader as well.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 05-10-15 at 09:09 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 09:41 AM   #8
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post

You know, I've been going back and re-reading the original 200 issues of Spidey (through Essential Spider-man volumes), and it struck me, that a large part of the visual appeal of Spidey's comics is the poses and body language as he is drawn. Study any given issue, and when he is fighting hoods or super villians, he doesn't merely assume a boxer's pose, but he is flipping around, fists pumping out to score hits, jumping and twisting. Plus all the unique web swinging poses. Man, I bet that was fun for the artists to draw. Not only is the dialogue telling the story, but the illustrations are leaving an impression on the reader as well.
The sketching and story boarding philosophy at Marvel was to try and find the extremes in any sequence of action, exaggerate a little, and use those.

And of course, everyone has copied it since.

Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 09:56 AM   #9
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Nice.

Of course, as a an adult, re-reading those comics, one becomes painfully aware that there was way too much exposition explaining the action, which the reader can see for himself. "Blast, I am tripping, you oaf. I've lost my balance and am about to fall."

"Yikes, they are shooting at me, I better duck!"

Reminds me of a
Old 05-10-15, 10:04 AM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post
Awesome new massive expenditure on "Lego" too, when my son finds out. He wants the sets just to get the figures, then sometimes builds only the figures.
Time to move the lad along...a bit! And for starters:

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-15, 05:37 PM   #11
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Tags
marvel, movie