Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 08-23-12, 10:07 PM   #1
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Yup, The Mighty Eighth is the subtitle I believe. Still got it installed. It's kind of a shame there hadn't been more mods etc. for the game - it definitely does have its limits, weaknesses and glitches. If it ever got the same level of community support and mods as, say, the other two sims I mentioned, it would've been amazing.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 10:28 PM   #2
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Yup, The Mighty Eighth is the subtitle I believe. Still got it installed. It's kind of a shame there hadn't been more mods etc. for the game - it definitely does have its limits, weaknesses and glitches. If it ever got the same level of community support and mods as, say, the other two sims I mentioned, it would've been amazing.
Ah, well as you mentioned in the Microsoft Flight thread that A2A has the rights for The Mighty Eighth I've got fingers and toes crossed that they do revamp that game. Its a classic game that needs to be brought back as theres nothing that can compare to it.
Old 08-23-12, 11:42 PM   #3
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

For CFS's I find it hard to say anything wrong about Rise of Flight, it's amazing and the dev team is probably one of the most motivated and dedicated I've ever seen!

But, I have IL-2 1946 with the HSFX mod 4.1 (apologies if theres still something against posting IL-2 mods)
and the amount of offline campaigns is amazing, I'm flying in the White Sun-Blue Sky campaign that focusses solely on the Flying Tigers (Which I have some strange attachment to) with all the settings set to hyper realistic.
that being said, I feel great for having 15 kills and counting

DCS World looks to outdo anything on the market in terms of depth and playability though, I like the module options and I put in my pre-order for the Mig-21 Fishbed module
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-12, 04:50 PM   #4
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

IL-2 1946 and CFS3 by far. I do enjoy Jetfighter V too.
Old 08-27-12, 04:25 PM   #5
danzig70
Planesman

Downloads: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
I found a website when I was looking for aerial photographs where someone had made maps of different targets for missions for the game. Here it is: http://glewis.us/v7th_Recon/ Its a great site.