SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-16, 11:21 AM   #5191
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
hehe oh great. I guess i should get another 4 gig ram, just been too lazy.

Re-reading the mem posts - I think it was 2GB ram and 1 gb vidoe (ah those were the days)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Low ram mem (4gb) with a high vid card ram (2gb) is the worst combo under a 32 bit OS
See here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=316
Old 05-24-16, 12:43 PM   #5192
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Tried many different things, nothing worked. I even rebooted computer, and then restarted SH5, reloaded the bunker save, chose another mission set out again and CTD continued. Maybe I had a corrupt set of saves from the Bunker save?
So, did try what I have told you to do or not?

Error log should be in Event viewer- Windows logs - Application
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 01:01 AM   #5193
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Yes the reload usually works when its a coming into port CTD, though admittedly I usually do not restart the game, just reload, but it usually works. The CTD i kept having in my last campaign in HT about December 1940 was leaving Lorient and heading in a WNW direction. About 100-150 km out it would CTD. Tried many different things, nothing worked. I even rebooted computer, and then restarted SH5, reloaded the bunker save, chose another mission set out again and CTD continued. Maybe I had a corrupt set of saves from the Bunker save?
Are you using Snorkel? if so, is it Vertical or Horizontal Snorkel.
If any exhaust is enabled TWOS does not like it and you will need to disable all exhaust.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 01:37 AM   #5194
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Are you using Snorkel? if so, is it Vertical or Horizontal Snorkel.
If any exhaust is enabled TWOS does not like it and you will need to disable all exhaust.
No not used snorkel at all.
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 01:42 AM   #5195
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
So, did try what I have told you to do or not?

Error log should be in Event viewer- Windows logs - Application
You mean reloading just before the CTD normally happens? Yes tried that recently with the odd CTD and it works. But I have restarted whole campaign and reached HT again.

I looked at the error logs and cant see anything related to SH5. I´d publish it here but it´s huge. Are there specific entries I should be looking for? I cant even tell which entries are related to the CTD.
Old 05-25-16, 08:35 AM   #5196
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
You mean reloading just before the CTD normally happens?
Not a "reload"...You have to exit the game completely.
Old 05-25-16, 08:41 AM   #5197
auricom
Mate

Downloads: 63

hi guys,

I am playing U-28 w/ 11 kills (+1 warship and 3 aircraft) into the Operation Monsun campaign in TWoS. I have exhausted my supply of torpedo's and am trying to 'load' my external reserves.

I've tried several saves/reloads.. Surfaced, running slow with calm weather conditions i have tried dragging the external store into the 'internal storage' slot, and the tube itself but nothing work.. it never 'drags' out of the box and never loads anywhere.

Any suggestion on how to make it work? Is this a known bug?
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 08:46 AM   #5198
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Not a "reload"...You have to exit the game completely.
Yes I tried that with the Brest/Lorient CTD which kept happening. Did not work. That´s why I reinstalled from scratch.

Any ways so far out of Lorient in this new campaign, 2 missions, no crashes in or out of port. Fingers crossed. I am keeping way more saves now

Edit: In fact was thinking about that again, and yes every time it CTDs i have to restart the game. I am bumped out completely and Uplay goes through it´s syncing saves malarkey.

Last edited by Coldcall; 05-25-16 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-25-16, 10:08 AM   #5199
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by auricom View Post
Is this a known bug?
Nope...

Quote:
Yes I tried that with the Brest/Lorient CTD which kept happening. Did not work. That´s why I reinstalled from scratch.

Any ways so far out of Lorient in this new campaign, 2 missions, no crashes in or out of port. Fingers crossed. I am keeping way more saves now
How about to upload that problematic Lorient bunker gamesave?
Old 05-25-16, 11:35 AM   #5200
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
hi guys,

I am playing U-28 w/ 11 kills (+1 warship and 3 aircraft) into the Operation Monsun campaign in TWoS. I have exhausted my supply of torpedo's and am trying to 'load' my external reserves.

I've tried several saves/reloads.. Surfaced, running slow with calm weather conditions i have tried dragging the external store into the 'internal storage' slot, and the tube itself but nothing work.. it never 'drags' out of the box and never loads anywhere.

Any suggestion on how to make it work? Is this a known bug?
I am sure I can remember this being an issue (a few years ago). I feel it was tagged to a boat type (B perhaps?).

I assume you are in good weather, all stopped ans fully surfaced
Old 05-25-16, 12:03 PM   #5201
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Nope...

How about to upload that problematic Lorient bunker gamesave?
I deleted it when i started new campaign. If it happens again, I´ll keep and upload the save game. Really hoping it doesn't happen again!
Old 05-25-16, 12:05 PM   #5202
auricom
Mate

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
I am sure I can remember this being an issue (a few years ago). I feel it was tagged to a boat type (B perhaps?).

I assume you are in good weather, all stopped ans fully surfaced
I think I tried it running at ahead slow. I didn't realize being stopped was a requirement?.. I will try that tonight. thanks for the tip.
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 12:15 PM   #5203
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I deleted it when i started new campaign. If it happens again, I´ll keep and upload the save game. Really hoping it doesn't happen again!
Probably something "big" has been spawned just outside of the Lorient harbor, (large convoy, bunch of airplanes, a wolfpack ect)... This is really rare but maybe you were unfortunate enough.
Usually, problems like these can be successfully solved by tweaking your number of days spent in bunker in order to depart day or two before of after problematic date.
Whit TWoS this can be done by using appropriate optional mod (FAQ) or trough KSDCommander settings...
Old 05-25-16, 12:20 PM   #5204
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I think I tried it running at ahead slow. I didn't realize being stopped was a requirement?.. I will try that tonight. thanks for the tip.
Silent running OFF?
Slow speed is not required in SH5, you only have to be surfaced (kind of stupid, I know). Keep in mind that, in order to compensate for these limitation, external reserves transfer time is drastically increased in TWoS to 4-5 h or more...
Old 05-25-16, 12:53 PM   #5205
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Probably something "big" has been spawned just outside of the Lorient harbor, (large convoy, bunch of airplanes, a wolfpack ect)... This is really rare but maybe you were unfortunate enough.
Usually, problems like these can be successfully solved by tweaking your number of days spent in bunker in order to depart day or two before of after problematic date.
Whit TWoS this can be done by using appropriate optional mod (FAQ) or trough KSDCommander settings...
Okay cheers. Yes I´ve noticed a few CTDs before just before running into a massive convoy in mid atlantic, so could have been something like that, which having loaded Lorient and surrounding area, my pc could not handle the big spawn it was running into before leaving Lorient vicinity.