Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-23, 07:38 AM   #1
hans jenisch
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 error message

Hi.
I have not played silent hunter 5 for a while , i did have it running after Ubisoft stopped supporting and selling it after applying the fix on here.
But yesterday i wanted to try my new G915 keyboard with it wile adjusting the backlight on keyboard , but SH5 will not run , i keep getting the error message related to (upc.exe) ( The procedure entry point DiscardVirtualMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll)
Has anyone else had this issue , if so how did you fix it .
regards Alan cottrill aka hans jenisch .
hans jenisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 07:45 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans jenisch View Post
Hi.
I have not played silent hunter 5 for a while , i did have it running after Ubisoft stopped supporting and selling it after applying the fix on here.
But yesterday i wanted to try my new G915 keyboard with it wile adjusting the backlight on keyboard , but SH5 will not run , i keep getting the error message related to (upc.exe) ( The procedure entry point DiscardVirtualMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll)
Has anyone else had this issue , if so how did you fix it .
regards Alan cottrill aka hans jenisch .
ahoy, hans.

what program are you launching to play SH5?
i believe the original run-app was Uplay. that changed to Uconnect when Ubi evolved some things with the network connection (remember? SH5 requires an active internet connection to play?)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 08:03 AM   #3
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi KaleunMarco.
This year Microsoft deleted IE Explorer , so my browser is FireFox , and since Ubisoft stopped support for SH5 , i have a desktop icon sh5.exe shortcut that used to open SH5 , thats when i get that message in my post .
Only thing i tried recently was i purchased from justflight the DH104 Dove/Heron , on trying to install it in FSX , the installer automatically tried to install MS EDGE , which i stopped , and due this i asked for my money back due unable to install , so this might have damaged my win7 slightly , but FireFox and FSX work ok .
regads Alan cottrill aka hans jenisch .
Old 10-06-23, 08:24 AM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi KaleunMarco.
This year Microsoft deleted IE Explorer , so my browser is FireFox , and since Ubisoft stopped support for SH5 , i have a desktop icon sh5.exe shortcut that used to open SH5 , thats when i get that message in my post .

hans,
your version of SH5 may need to be updated, if that is possible.
when i launch SH5 from the desktop icon, the PC rattles for a minute before displaying this screen.

if you are not prompted to log into Ubi Connect (Uconnect) then, whatever version of SH5 you have, is not launching it.

check the desktop icon Compatibility Properties. this installation is running with Win7 compatibility, with a Digital Signature of ‎Wednesday, ‎April ‎21, ‎2010 2:51:11 AM, Version 1.2.0.0

LAA enabled
Old 10-06-23, 10:47 AM   #5
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi KaleunMarco
My Desktop shortcut is newer than date stated by you but on checking the SH5.exe file detals they match your dates , beginning to think something in my win7 has been deleted by that justflight install of the DH104 dove trying to install MS EDGE .
Alan cottrill aka hans jenisch .
Old 10-06-23, 12:14 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi KaleunMarco
My Desktop shortcut is newer than date stated by you but on checking the SH5.exe file detals they match your dates , beginning to think something in my win7 has been deleted by that justflight install of the DH104 dove trying to install MS EDGE .
Alan cottrill aka hans jenisch .
that could be.

i was hoping that others from the SH5 community would jump into this thread and have some remediative suggestions.

LAA enabled
Old 10-07-23, 05:08 AM   #7
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi KaleunMarco
The KERNEL32.dll is in my PC , on further searching the ubisoft files , the silent hunter 5 was last played on 10th mar 2023 , since then i think ubisoft must have pulled the forums and support from their website , and at a guess updated the game launcher so much that my SH5 no longer sees ubisofts website which might stop the launcher , and give the error i am getting , i have down loaded from their website the game launcher thats currently on there , but not yet installed , i just need some advice before i install this new launcher , incase it might screw things up completely
Old 10-07-23, 09:00 AM   #8
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi KaleunMarco
The KERNEL32.dll is in my PC , on further searching the ubisoft files , the silent hunter 5 was last played on 10th mar 2023 , since then i think ubisoft must have pulled the forums and support from their website , and at a guess updated the game launcher so much that my SH5 no longer sees ubisofts website which might stop the launcher , and give the error i am getting , i have down loaded from their website the game launcher thats currently on there , but not yet installed , i just need some advice before i install this new launcher , incase it might screw things up completely
unfortunately, i cannot help you on that.

hopefully, another forum user can gone down the same path and can share their experience(s).

LAA enabled
Old 10-09-23, 04:18 PM   #9
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Hi KaleunMarco
Did you install Ubisoft Connect?

https://ubisoftconnect.com/es-ES/?gc...SAAEgKv7PD_BwE

The launcher installed with the game doesn´t work. You need to install Ubi Connect and then login in your account of Ubisoft. The app continues to save your games in the Ubi cloud.

Forget-for ever- the Ubisoft launcher. The game only works with Ubi Connect.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-23, 12:12 PM   #10
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi .
I re downloaded ubisofts connect on their website , still got the KERNEL 32.dll error message , reinstalled silent Hunter , it noticed this was not patched and asked if I wished to install patches , this I did , when it had finished install I tried running SH5 , still got KERNEL 32.dll error , it’s looking like it’s been damage by justflights website , trying to install MS EDGE browser which I stopped , now I need to look into the process for trying to download and reinstall this KERNEL 32.dll .
Regards Alan Cottrill ( aka Hans jenisch)
Old 10-10-23, 08:18 PM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

kernel32 is a part of Windows. Do not download a copy from elsewhere. Which version of Windows are you running? Windows 7 is no longer supported by UConnect, and I also cannot run SH5 on Windows 7, even with patches from Ubisoft and the disk fix from THEBERBSTER. It just will not run. It does fine on Win10. If you have Windows 10, are you allowing the Ubisoft installer to add DirectX v9.0c? I do not have a disk version of the game, and cannot remember if it asks you about it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-23, 08:59 AM   #12
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi.
I am on win 7 home premium and i did have it working in march , but when MS EDGE tried to install after attempting to install justflights DH104 Dove/Heron earlier this month , i think it screwed something up in my system.
regards Alan Cottrill aka (hans jenisch)
Old 10-11-23, 10:07 AM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

hans jenisch! the infamous 7-year-itch strikes again; ending your long 'silent run' since 2016!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 12:14 AM   #14
hans jenisch
Watch

Hi.
Sadly Silenthunter5 is now a dead in the water sim until such time as i get a new PC with win 10 onwards , i have been trying to purchase UBOAT on steam for over a week , only managed to get it yesterday see UBOAT purchase issue for reason and eventual success , but it may be short lived as Steam program that needs to be installed first , has a message saying it will not be continued on win 7 in 76 days time , weather it will still allow game to be played after that or not , i will find out then , dont you just love progress .
regards Alan Cottrill AKA (Hans Jenisch)