Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-08, 10:33 AM   #1
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
688i

OK as I said before i have played this game many times before but I am serious about playing it now. I used to just jack around and play just for fun but I am really getting into this whole simulation game stuff. I am working on a new computer for my gaming experience which is only going to make it that much better.

Anyways onto the question I am playing a campaign and am on the fourth one (I believe) Crushing the Cartel:

So I am reading all the instructions and I am following them and trying to maneuver at the same time. Everytime I try to play that level I am getting torpedoes shot at me like they are coming out of a gatlin gun or I work my way down toward the harbor only to receive message traffic saying they were last reported at these locations. Which is behind me and out to sea! Mind you now you have to go to 110% on the reactor and ask Scotty for more power just to catch these container ships.

Is there a trick to this mission?
Old 01-18-08, 03:48 PM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I myself got through that mission by programming a tomahawk to land on the reported locations of the cargo ship The ship was blow away with highest precission, and the mission was completed succesfully

Go "alternative thinking", go!! :rotfl:
Old 01-18-08, 10:02 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
OK as I said before i have played this game many times before but I am serious about playing it now. I used to just jack around and play just for fun but I am really getting into this whole simulation game stuff. I am working on a new computer for my gaming experience which is only going to make it that much better.
You should grab a copy of Dangerous Waters now ! They've slashed it's price quite a bit !
688i is great, but Dangerous Waters gives you the 688i and a bunch of other platforms as well to master ! It's fantastic and quite a step above 688i ! It's a fantastic 688i sequel !
Old 01-22-08, 10:36 AM   #4
Urspankd
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have found out through this website, that there are so many different simulations out there to experience. I plan on getting quite a few of these sub simulations games. I already have SHII and was working on that until I felt like some old time fun. I started 688i over and am working through the single missions right now, as I went through all the training missions over the weekend. After that I was thinking about finishing up SHII and getting Dangerous Waters on order and possibly some other other great titles.