SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-07, 06:52 AM   #796
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

[quote=Gorshkov][quote=LuftWolf]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Well, when you are the only game in town, you don't have to be that good. :rotfl:
I can say it openly, I've earned the right to say this.
Would you be so courteous not to make some self-advertising twaddling about your "real" LWAMI mod?
Maybe many people can believe in your "reality mod" but in fact all LWAMI is as real as stock DW, buddy. :rotfl:
All anyone needs to do to know that isn't true is to read the LW/Ami readme. Do you ever get bored of trolling?

Last edited by Molon Labe; 04-17-07 at 09:02 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 07:01 AM   #797
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

[quote=Molon Labe]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, when you are the only game in town, you don't have to be that good. :rotfl:
Would you be so courteous not to make some self-advertising twaddling about your "real" LWAMI mod?
Maybe many people can believe in your "reality mod" but in fact all LWAMI is as real as stock DW, buddy. :rotfl:
All anyone needs to do to know that isn't true is to read the LW/Ami readme. Do you ever get bored to trolling?
That is why I can't understand why funny LW hates fantastic 65 cm torpedo found in stock DW but he promotes equally real Yu-8 torpedo as a huge step toward reality in his so called "reality mod"??? :rotfl:
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 07:02 AM   #798
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

[quote=Gorshkov][quote=LuftWolf]
Quote:
Quote:

Let's keep it polite, please.
Old 04-17-07, 07:54 AM   #799
Driftwood
Chief

Downloads: 0

OK, OK Gorshkov. So you don't like the Lwami mod. We get it. Now why don't you take your 65 cm torpedo and whatever else it is you're whining about and ...................brighten someone else's day? Huh?

geez........
Old 04-17-07, 12:37 PM   #800
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood
OK, OK Gorshkov. So you don't like the Lwami mod. We get it. Now why don't you take your 65 cm torpedo and whatever else it is you're whining about and ...................brighten someone else's day? Huh?

geez........
Maybe you don't care about reality but I can't understand why you back LWAMI mod which even deepens falsehood already included in stock DW??? Thus real SET-53M torpedo is only a passive acoustic weapon but Sonalaysts gave it additional active seeker. Later our Lufty made the scene with his "uber-realistic" mod and replaced SET-53M with a lot more powerful but virtually non-existent Yu-8 torpedo!

What does this two-stage cheat have something in common with reality???

I am not sure but it looks like someone tries to improve Chinese military capabilities here. Moreover that guy remembers another guys from Pentagon who also constantly far exaggerate PRC military power apparently to finagle additional funds from US Congress...

Unfortunately guys but real Chinese military potential is weak. Indigenous weapon development in this country shows limited progress. Many recently self-made Chinese arms are twenty to thirty years behind Western and even Russian designs. The J-10 fighter jet built around Russian radar and engine is the best example. Vast majority of new weapon technologies possessed by China has been acquired from Russia and other post-Soviet republics both legally and illegally. The main reason is simple: China lacks military industrial complex similar to those created long time ago in US and USSR. I personally think PRC lacks resources to build such complex now without risk of putting its economy in jeopardy! Moreover after massive withdrawal of badly outdated weapon systems from PRC arsenal Chinese armed forces will shrink quantitatively even up to the Cold War's French or German armies level!
Is that this new rising superpower, dear Mr. Rumsfeld?

Particularly Chinese torpedoes except a few also not brand-new models imported from Russia seem to be forty years old junk. Although PRC showed a big effort to pirate many Russian and Western torpedo models like Mk.48 for twenty years but without achieving any visible success. Therefore it is very strange that poor Lufty endeavors to change true by force in that area.

If PLAN has only crappy torpedoes in reality, let PLAN have them in this game!

Otherwise if we agree on "two-stage torpedo cheat" backed by some strange "what-if" scenarios, why Russian 650 mm universal torpedo wouldn't be reality now??? In fact declassified CIA papers from 1980s describe Soviet development plans for advanced universal 650 mm fish based on earlier wake-homing 65-76 model! It probably was an unfinished Soviet "overkill" answer for contemporary ADCAP's introduction into US Navy. Under such criteria stock "65 cm torpedo" is more founded in this game than Lufty's Yu-8 sci-fi! :rotfl:

Last edited by Gorshkov; 04-17-07 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 02:25 PM   #801
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

WOW (!)

Much anger in this one...

There's no point in responding, since you clearly don't get it.

Cheers,
David

PS Further posts along this line will be deleted as trolling/SPAM, since you've made your point pretty clear, there's no point in continuing this discussion. I need to keep this thread going for legitament feedback, so thanks for playing. I hope you enjoy LWAMI!
Old 04-17-07, 03:55 PM   #802
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
WOW (!)

Much anger in this one...

There's no point in responding, since you clearly don't get it.

Cheers,
David

PS Further posts along this line will be deleted as trolling/SPAM, since you've made your point pretty clear, there's no point in continuing this discussion. I need to keep this thread going for legitament feedback, so thanks for playing. I hope you enjoy LWAMI!
WOW! It seems to me Lufty is a bit angry because I proved that his mod isn't so fully founded on reality as he trumps it up! That is why he intimates me some ugly censorship. Well, it is typical behavior of unmasked persons with no worthy arguments. He is probably afraid that more funny LWAMI "reality bugs" become known.

Yes, he is right indeed!
I have found in another thread how Lufty explained that APR-3 torpedo can be mounted on SS-N-16. It is no obstacle for Lufty: "Russia can have enough money to do it", he suggested!
Well, I didn't expect Lufty is so common person to be able to use such primitive skeleton key because thanks to it our Lufty can put into LWAMI mod every fantastic weapon system, he ever imagines!
I was wrong...

Well, Lufty! Would you mind procuring improved stock 65 cm torpedo, please??? Thus Russians could theoretically collect money on it too, buddy! It would be only "one-stage" cheat... :rotfl:
Old 04-17-07, 03:58 PM   #803
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I don't claim LWAMI is anything other than my personal expression of how I think DW should be.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Everything else is a creation of your mind, and your mind alone.

Use it or don't use it, it's a simple, morally neutral choice, that barely deserves 1/8 of the emotion you apparently have brought to it.

Cheers,
David
Old 04-17-07, 04:36 PM   #804
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
I don't claim LWAMI is anything other than my personal expression of how I think DW should be.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Everything else is a creation of your mind, and your mind alone.

Use it or don't use it, it's a simple, morally neutral choice, that barely deserves 1/8 of the emotion you apparently have brought to it.

Cheers,
David
Take it easy, Lufty! Easy!

I suppose you simply lost equilibrium hold between reality, side balance and game fun making your mod. Frankly speaking it is rather clear because you tried to accomplish mission impossible not being Chuck Norris at all!

But don't worry because I jugde the same about Sonalysts stock game ...I am not sure whether SET-53Ms have been ever sold to China together with Kilos. Certainly only 53-65KE and TEST-71 torps were delivered with them.
To be more funny indigenous Chinese torpedoes like Yu-3 and Yu-4 are a piece of crap even compared with Russian SET-53M and SET-65 twenty years older junk!

In sum Lufty, I think your LWAMI mod in the fantastic Chinese weapons area seems to make sport of Red Chinese giving them virtual advanced weapons they lack. Maybe you have fun on it, too?:hmm:

Last edited by Gorshkov; 04-17-07 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 07:09 PM   #805
GrayOwl
Soundman

Mr. Gorshkov - You make something self better.
Very simply to criticize - it is more difficult to do something useful.
By the way, APR-3ME really have updating for mounting on ASW rockets
Mister Mikhail Lisichko (general designer of a torpedo APR-3) spoke it in open sources.
Cheers!
Old 04-17-07, 07:50 PM   #806
Gorshkov
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
By the way, APR-3ME really have updating for mounting on ASW rockets. Mister Mikhail Lisichko (general designer of a torpedo APR-3) spoke it in open sources.
Cheers!
Good! But don't you think both Brezhnev's gold era "Starfish" and "Stallion" dinosaurs were or are withdrawn from service in Russian Navy like 65-76 torps did a few years ago?

I am not sure if 650 mm torpedo tubes on Russian subs are still useful except firing 533 mm weapons!

Last edited by Gorshkov; 04-17-07 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 08:48 PM   #807
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

I'd hate to have to lock this thread.... I'll say it again: No fighting, boys!

Be cool
Old 04-17-07, 08:58 PM   #808
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

I couldn't help but notice some of the ad hominem, conspiracy theory, personal attacks have been edited out.

Good call.
Old 04-18-07, 01:09 AM   #809
GrayOwl
Soundman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
By the way, APR-3ME really have updating for mounting on ASW rockets. Mister Mikhail Lisichko (general designer of a torpedo APR-3) spoke it in open sources.
Cheers!
Good! But don't you think both Brezhnev's gold era "Starfish" and "Stallion" dinosaurs were or are withdrawn from service in Russian Navy like 65-76 torps did a few years ago?

I am not sure if 650 mm torpedo tubes on Russian subs are still useful except firing 533 mm weapons!
650 mm of a tubes on Russian boats still on a place - and them nobody is going to remove.

65-76 torpedos - lay in warehouses, and them have not thrown out on a garbage tank. And they always can again be put in these by 650 mm of a tubes, my friend :p
Old 04-18-07, 03:49 AM   #810
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Yeah, I didn't want to point out that I actually found a 2005 internet source that spoke indirectly about APR-3M's mounted on ASW rockets...

Also, I believe that there may have been one or two 65-76 accidently left aboard some russian subs, just in case... :p

Cheers,
David