Closed Thread

Old 03-02-22, 04:29 PM   #1636
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I saw images of the apartments hit. I have one question about those images.
Why were there destroyed military equipment in those images?

I doubt they were Russian being that close to those buildings so could have been Ukrainian destroyed Units.
If that is the case? I can accept that it was a justifiable attack since War Units were parked near civilian structures.
I’d wager certain apartments are targeted because such high ground make great forward observation posts. Russians don’t seem interested in a scorched earth policy but more inclined to make surgical strikes against military targets.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-02-22, 04:30 PM   #1637
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
You're observant, it's immediately obvious that the 82nd Airborne has strong guys. Glad to meet you, sorry to discuss sad news. I served in the 76th Guards Airborne Division. You asked the very right questions, the right questions of a military man.
It's my Honor to meet another ParaTrooper! I have had the Honor to meet
many over the years. We share a common bond. That of jumping out of air craft to engage in Combat with no promise of going home!

I question many photos I see. But that image of the apartment with destroyed equipment near it?

Something is just not right!
Old 03-02-22, 04:30 PM   #1638
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Several reports and video footages showing Russian artillery fires cluster ammunition into civilian areas. Another war crime.
Old 03-02-22, 04:32 PM   #1639
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Ukraine and Crimea in 2019

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-02-22, 04:32 PM   #1640
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Quid pro quo.
Yes.
Why do you think did the russian convoy on the way to Kyev stop?
In addition to fighting on the outskirts of the city, the task is to save the civilian population, open passages on the roads, a working train station in Kiev, communications and the Internet also work in the city. The military expects to enter the city in small groups, so the second echelon of troops is waiting. I hope so. As a military man, you do not need to explain that almost any modern army has the means to destroy the defense of the city, I am sure that this will not be used in cities with a million people. Look at the webcam, there is no blackout from the bombing, the streets are lit. No, I can assure you there will be no heavy equipment storming the city. Therefore, the column has stopped and is waiting. Then he will bypass the city and move on.

Old 03-02-22, 04:39 PM   #1641
Catfish

So LinC Putin has been true to his legacy of lying.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-02-22 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-02-22, 04:41 PM   #1642
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

I'd not be parking a convoy that big like that.
I highly suspect other causes for the hold up. They are wide open for attacks.
As a ParaTrooper? You know what WE would be doing! We'd be causing so much havoc!
Old 03-02-22, 04:47 PM   #1643
Susexx
Planesman

Quote:
It's my Honor to meet another ParaTrooper! I have had the Honor to meet
many over the years. We share a common bond. That of jumping out of air craft to engage in Combat with no promise of going home!

I question many photos I see. But that image of the apartment with destroyed equipment near it?

Something is just not right!
Many Russians have friends and relatives in Ukraine, family ties are very close. Shooting at your potential friends and relatives is unrealistic and criminal. Many commanders of the Ukrainian army know about this and use it, simply equipping positions in the courtyards of residential buildings. This is a "Human Shield". Therefore, the advance of the Russian army is very slow, the areas are occupied by small groups and only large objects are destroyed by tactical missiles and aircraft. The United States also faced this in Afghanistan, where large militant bases were located right in the center of small towns.
Old 03-02-22, 04:48 PM   #1644
Catfish

Quote:
I'd not be parking a convoy that big like that.
I highly suspect other causes for the hold up. They are wide open for attacks.
As a ParaTrooper? You know what WE would be doing! We'd be causing so much havoc!
You already could with drones if they are any left, don't know what is happening there. Or they wait for the tank trucks to hit.
Why they stopped? Imho
a) ran out of fuel and rations
b) intentional stop to not get the fallout of Putin's nuclear bomb over Kyev

Old 03-02-22, 04:51 PM   #1645
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Ya know I went to the local ABC liquor store early this morning looking for a bottle of Stolichnaya vodka. I was told in a stern manner they took it off the shelves in protest of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine!

I was like WTF over? The stuff is made in Latvia who happens to be a fine upstanding member of NATO! Anyway, it was an emergency I really like pineapple juice and vodka with my Rocky Patel candela in the morning. So I grabbed a bottle of Tito’s instead.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-02-22 at 05:05 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-02-22, 05:02 PM   #1646
Susexx
Planesman

Let's be clear:
1. Tactical nuclear weapons are used to destroy enemy infrastructure DEEP behind enemy lines, not 15-40 miles away.
2. There are no problems with provisions and ammunition, the army eats better than many civilians.
3. If I were European citizens, I would rather be afraid of retreating Ukrainian troops, who, in order to stop the offensive of Russian troops, could blow up several more nuclear power plants and the Dnieper hydroelectric dam on the Dnieper River. That's the real danger. The Chernobyl nuclear power plant has been taken under protection, I think the Southern nuclear power plant will be safe in a day, troops are already going there. I am very afraid for these objects and I pray that the soldiers have time to take them under guard.
Old 03-02-22, 05:04 PM   #1647
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
Many Russians have friends and relatives in Ukraine, family ties are very close. Shooting at your potential friends and relatives is unrealistic and criminal. Many commanders of the Ukrainian army know about this and use it, simply equipping positions in the courtyards of residential buildings. This is a "Human Shield". Therefore, the advance of the Russian army is very slow, the areas are occupied by small groups and only large objects are destroyed by tactical missiles and aircraft. The United States also faced this in Afghanistan, where large militant bases were located right in the center of small towns.
That is a VERY valid point.
One has to show me proof that Ukraine is NOT putting Combat Units near Civil areas.
Being it's in a City? Yes they are doing that. So not so crazy to get a bad hit as maybe the Russian systems are not as exact as suspected.
Old 03-02-22, 05:09 PM   #1648
Catfish

re Rockstar there are two, one Stolychnaya is russian

Elena Osipova has been arrested for protesting against Putin's war.
She is an 80 year old artist and survivor of the WW2 siege of Leningrad.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5248506

https://twitter.com/olliecarroll/sta...05530442301450

Old 03-02-22, 05:14 PM   #1649
Susexx
Planesman

Quote:
That is a VERY valid point.
One has to show me proof that Ukraine is NOT putting Combat Units near Civil areas.
Being it's in a City? Yes they are doing that. So not so crazy to get a bad hit as maybe the Russian systems are not as exact as suspected.
Accuracy is always relative to 10-15 feet to the side or just fragments from equipment, an explosion of ammunition inside the tank. All this damages buildings. many houses are made of brick, it itself is shrapnel. How to hide civilians from injuries ?
Old 03-02-22, 05:14 PM   #1650
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Around 80000 men and women have left their new home to fight the Russian in Ukraine.

How many thousands foreigners who have done the same no one knows-but it's thousands and here lay the problem-Many have no military background and thous a danger for them self and others.

I hope the Ukrainian military say to these-We thank you for thinking about helping us, but no military training or background-you can't be placed in a combat unit....But we need help behind the lines with nurses and so on.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Closed Thread