Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-07, 07:15 AM   #11
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Uh oh... if Horsa also steps in, this will start to look like the good old times of SH2/DC

I have seen two kind of reviews about SOF and none of them I can agree with:

1.- The very proffesional ones, like the one done by Deamon. This does not serve well as yardstick because he is projecting to do a fantastic and extensively researched sim, thus anything else we know until now pales into insignificance

2.- The casual ones, where the player was a preted-to-be veteran simmer. They also do not serve well as they fail to understand most of what is behind WW1 submarine warfare (Which is as interesting or even more than WW2, way easier to understand and follow through for players because of its simplicity, and lacks all the problematic nazi rubbish), and they tend to compare with SH2/3/4, where graphics had an enormous weigth in terms of game experience.

Nope, SOF is a game with a huge potential waiting to be unlocked by talented modders, only it has not been correctly understood. Besides, I bet that such a small company is much more open to interaction with dedicated and enthusiasted community than UBI or any other large one will ever be, thus offering increased possibilities of tweaking "from inside" the guts of the game, even if no code is made publically available.

Let us keep the ball rolling.....and see what comes out of this