Old 03-18-23, 11:23 AM   #5371
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
You post generated a question.

Even after a President leave the Oval Office s/he is under protection, It is Secret Service who is taking on this task to protect former Presidents
(Have been told this in our news now and then)

How far goes this protection-Will these Secret Service men/women engage the Police or the FBI if they try to arrest a former President ?(Or the sitting)

Markus
I am confident that it is the job of the Secret Service to prortect a serving or former president against violence, terror, assassination, kidnapping and crime - but not against the law of and legal prosecution by the United States.

If the Secret Service would protect a former president against legal actions and the US law, then it would be corrupted to a degree where it looses all its letters except just the two capital "S": SS, therefore.

Lets have this minimum of faith that the Secret Service is not a new SS.
Old 03-18-23, 11:26 AM   #5372
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Very unlikely there will be prison for this unless he steps all over himself. Even if convicted as a felony there is no minimum sentence.
Which leads me to my previous expressed thoughts that this six year boondoggle is lead by the powers that be to prevent him from running again by destroying him financially. On the bright side at least it shows that were more civilized than Putin if he was in Russia he would have fallen out of window a long time ago.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 12:25 PM   #5373
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

No doubt he will be the grrreatest prisoner ever. His fans will stand in long lines to get as wonderfully imprisoned, as he will. Lets make the prisons great again!
I wonder, will he be tried as an adult?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 12:38 PM   #5374
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Have your popcorn and what you prefer to drink ready, 'cause the show is about to start.

https://twitter.com/thevivafrei/stat...67810331619328

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 12:42 PM   #5375
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Meh won’t be tuning in or watching any of it. Frankly nothing Trump has said has been any different than what other politicians have said or felt when they lost. His problem was and still is he doesn’t know when to stop.

But it’s not wasted, people are still being played by the media and both parties even further. That’s good for them because it diverts attention away from them..

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-18-23 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-18-23, 12:59 PM   #5376
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Meh won’t be tuning in or watching any of it. Frankly nothing he has said has been any different than what other politicians have said or felt when they lost. His problem was and still is he doesn’t know when to stop.

But people are still being played by the media and both parties even further.
One thing is certain-If he are handcuffed then you can be sure some of our public tv-channels will interrupt they ordinary program schedule and go Breaking.

Another thing who is certain-Around a Majority of the Danish people will dance in the street in pure joy.

Markus

Old 03-18-23, 01:21 PM   #5377
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
One thing is certain-If he are handcuffed then you can be sure some of our public tv-channels will interrupt they ordinary program schedule and go Breaking.

Another thing who is certain-Around a Majority of the Danish people will dance in the street in pure joy.

Markus

If, If, If, If any day now. soon, low hanging fruit, and all that jazz. For over six years now Chicken Little has been claiming the sky is falling. ‘If’ it finally does, I’ll be on the beach fishing.

Old 03-18-23, 01:55 PM   #5378
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
If, If, If, If any day now. soon, low hanging fruit, and all that jazz. For over six years now Chicken Little has been claiming the sky is falling. ‘If’ it finally does, I’ll be on the beach fishing.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 02:00 PM   #5379
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Personally I couldn't care less about a former President who may or may not be arrested next week. I see article and other stuff on the web and some of them I post here, so you can read and response to this.

I see it as a domestic problems.

Avoid Trump is that possible when there's talk about Trump and filming Trump(for the news)? on almost every news channel I have.

If I want my daily routine to be filled with his name-Then I have to choose CNN.
If I want to fully avoid it-Shut down the TV.

Markus

Old 03-18-23, 04:16 PM   #5380
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Personally I couldn't care less about a former President who may or may not be arrested next week. I see article and other stuff on the web and some of them I post here, so you can read and response to this.

I see it as a domestic problems.

Avoid Trump is that possible when there's talk about Trump and filming Trump(for the news)? on almost every news channel I have.

If I want my daily routine to be filled with his name-Then I have to choose CNN.
If I want to fully avoid it-Shut down the TV.

Markus

IMO at this point he’s been out of office for a little over two years. To me what’s amazing is that anybody still gives a rats arse what happens to a Trump. For the last six years it’s been a pointless nothing burger and boondoggle. Now it’s hush money for sexual favors? Really that’s the big headline? If he was a woman other woman would be gathering in support shouting girl’s just want to have fun and woman power!

Meanwhile we are flirting with escalation and maybe boots on the ground in Ukraine. On the flip side we’re also dealing with the possibility of stopping aid to Ukraine. Some NATO countries still not contributing enough for their own defense while we foot the bill. Our own Government still spending like crazy driving inflation even higher. Banks involved with Crypto being shut down and seized. Fentanyl and human smuggling and record numbers of deaths at our southern border. 150 thousand a years die from Opioids which still affects our national economy and public safety. Oh and let’s not forget the child labor, misery suffering in third world countries and destruction of their lands and the Amazon to clear the way for mining of rare earth metals needed to save the planet! So we can drive around in electric cars and send emails. And the list goes on.

But for some unexplained reason Trump still takes center stage. I liken the Trump drama to Nero’s fiddle.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-18-23 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-18-23, 11:39 PM   #5381
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

So how does one do civil disobedience properly? Conservatives are dreadfully behind on this concept due to the need to work most of their lives away. Is there a college course we need to take or something?
Old 03-19-23, 02:20 AM   #5382
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
IMO at this point he’s been out of office for a little over two years. To me what’s amazing is that anybody still gives a rats arse what happens to a Trump. For the last six years it’s been a pointless nothing burger and boondoggle. Now it’s hush money for sexual favors? Really that’s the big headline? If he was a woman other woman would be gathering in support shouting girl’s just want to have fun and woman power!

Meanwhile we are flirting with escalation and maybe boots on the ground in Ukraine. On the flip side we’re also dealing with the possibility of stopping aid to Ukraine. Some NATO countries still not contributing enough for their own defense while we foot the bill. Our own Government still spending like crazy driving inflation even higher. Banks involved with Crypto being shut down and seized. Fentanyl and human smuggling and record numbers of deaths at our southern border. 150 thousand a years die from Opioids which still affects our national economy and public safety. Oh and let’s not forget the child labor, misery suffering in third world countries and destruction of their lands and the Amazon to clear the way for mining of rare earth metals needed to save the planet! So we can drive around in electric cars and send emails. And the list goes on.

But for some unexplained reason Trump still takes center stage. I liken the Trump drama to Nero’s fiddle.
This trial will be the least of his concerns. It's going to a fun year.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 03:09 PM   #5383
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
This trial will be the least of his concerns. It's going to a fun year.

Yeah getting back into the Oval Office will take more of his attention than the latest democrat political assassination attempt.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 03:49 PM   #5384
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah getting back into the Oval Office will take more of his attention than the latest democrat political assassination attempt.
There's only one reason to why I hope he win the Next Presidential election and that is the look on the face of those of my friends who couldn't stand his guts.
Is gonna be speechless

The same goes for those who fully support him..seeing their face when he lose
Not so speechless here-Most crying and protesting.

Markus

Old 03-19-23, 04:16 PM   #5385
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
There's only one reason to why I hope he win the Next Presidential election and that is the look on the face of those of my friends who couldn't stand his guts.
Is gonna be speechless

The same goes for those who fully support him..seeing their face when he lose
Not so speechless here-Most crying and protesting.

Markus

The only thing I have ever liked about him is that he pisses off all the right people. I would still vote for him, especially over Biden, but I would prefer that the GoP field a different candidate, someone younger, preferably a war veteran (but not a former General).

Also someone with a better understanding of how the levers of government work and one that comes with a loyal team of trusted people.

Aside from his unfortunate habit of slagging off on Gold Star families or dead war heroes, Trumps biggest weakness was thinking that he could assume control of an organization as vast and entrenched as the Federal government without having a team of trusted and experienced lieutenants to operate the various departments and Alphabet agencies. He either left his predecessors appointments in place or replaced them with their aides. Not a recipe for success but a darn good one to breed insurrection and resistance among the organizations he was trying to run.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote