Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-22, 11:08 AM   #4666
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
AP is a better source. Likely where FOX gets the news before adding opinion.
https://apnews.com/article/brittney-...f21224a8e44eaa

Better? They snipped out the majority of Whelans brothers statement in order to make it seem like the family was ok with the situation.

Here's the part they didn't include:

"She will be reunited with her family. Brittney is free. And Paul is still a hostage. But how many more times do I need to write that?" he continued. "Despite the possibility that there might be an exchange without Paul, our family is still devastated. I can't even fathom how Paul will feel when he learns. Paul has worked so hard to survive nearly 4 years of this injustice."
His statement went on to note that the Biden administration notified the Whelan family that Paul would be left behind in the exchange. David's statement noted that it was the second time the Biden administration had left Paul behind in a prisoner exchange, with the last instance coming in April.
"How do you continue to survive, day after day, when you know that your government has failed twice to free you from a foreign prison?" David added.
He pushed the Biden administration to be more aggressive in its efforts to get Americans released, going so far as to say the U.S. should arrest more Russians for exchange.
"As the use of wrongful detentions and hostage diplomacy continues around the globe, it's clear the US government needs to be more assertive. If bad actors like Russia are going to grab innocent Americans, the US needs a swifter, more direct response and to be prepared in advance," David argued. "In Russia's case, this may mean taking more law-breaking, Kremlin-connected Russians into custody. It's not like there aren't plenty around the world."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...l-whelan-again

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 12-08-22 at 11:20 AM.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 02:02 PM   #4667
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the news I heard that USA have got them a shoplifting epidemic

So I made a search for this and I found only old article like this one from
April 8:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america...me-11649455129

So I guess it's old news for you my American friends.

I don't know why people do these thing such a shoplifting

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 02:50 PM   #4668
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I don't know why people do these thing such a shoplifting

Markus

Simply put it's because they can get away with it. Even if they are apprehended (and that is a big if) they are released immediately and rarely do they see any real penalties for their actions.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 04:07 PM   #4669
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putin gets one of the globe's past most wanted criminals with a rich knowledge and experience in how to get weapons and where and from whom, expertise Putin desperately can need right now.

America gets a stupid and naive woman that voluntarily travelled into a police state with known arbitrary and corrupt justice, and plays ball.

Well.
Old 12-08-22, 04:30 PM   #4670
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

House passes defense bill that rescinds military Covid vaccine mandate

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/polit...ate/index.html

Quote:
The House voted on Thursday to pass sweeping legislation that would authorize $858 billion in national defense funding and rescind the US military’s Covid vaccine mandate. The measure passed with wide bipartisan support with a tally of 350 to 80.
Desperate, mandate Nazis and fascists for forced vaccinations of experimental drugs seek advice from Xi Jinping and Putler on how best to push their lunacy and struggle for control.

Mandate Nazis last hope. Last year, California was the first state to announce it would require all schoolchildren to receive the coronavirus vaccine.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-08-22 at 05:06 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 06:57 PM   #4671
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Better? They snipped out the majority of Whelans brothers statement in order to make it seem like the family was ok with the situation.

Here's the part they didn't include:

"She will be reunited with her family. Brittney is free. And Paul is still a hostage. But how many more times do I need to write that?" he continued. "Despite the possibility that there might be an exchange without Paul, our family is still devastated. I can't even fathom how Paul will feel when he learns. Paul has worked so hard to survive nearly 4 years of this injustice."
His statement went on to note that the Biden administration notified the Whelan family that Paul would be left behind in the exchange. David's statement noted that it was the second time the Biden administration had left Paul behind in a prisoner exchange, with the last instance coming in April.
"How do you continue to survive, day after day, when you know that your government has failed twice to free you from a foreign prison?" David added.
He pushed the Biden administration to be more aggressive in its efforts to get Americans released, going so far as to say the U.S. should arrest more Russians for exchange.
"As the use of wrongful detentions and hostage diplomacy continues around the globe, it's clear the US government needs to be more assertive. If bad actors like Russia are going to grab innocent Americans, the US needs a swifter, more direct response and to be prepared in advance," David argued. "In Russia's case, this may mean taking more law-breaking, Kremlin-connected Russians into custody. It's not like there aren't plenty around the world."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...l-whelan-again

This thing stinks of Biden and Democrats only doing what’s in the best interests of the Party than defending all of our citizens abroad.

Especially when back in 23 June of 2020 Reuters (not Fox) published an article in which Whelan’s Russian lawyer “Zherebenkov has previously said he believes Moscow wants to exchange Whelan for two Russians held in U.S. prisons - arms dealer Viktor Bout and a pilot named Konstantin Yaroshenko, who was convicted of conspiracy to smuggle cocaine.”

There was a real possibility of exchanging of two high profile prisoners and probably throwing in a nobody like Griner for grins. Unfortunately ol’ Corn Pop goes for just woke instead.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-08-22 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-08-22, 08:09 PM   #4672
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
This thing stinks of Biden and Democrats only doing what’s in the best interests of the Party than defending all of our citizens abroad.

Especially when back in 23 June of 2020 Reuters (not Fox) published an article in which Whelan’s Russian lawyer “Zherebenkov has previously said he believes Moscow wants to exchange Whelan for two Russians held in U.S. prisons - arms dealer Viktor Bout and a pilot named Konstantin Yaroshenko, who was convicted of conspiracy to smuggle cocaine.”

There was a real possibility of exchanging of two high profile prisoners and probably throwing in a nobody like Griner for grins. Unfortunately ol’ Corn Pop goes for just woke instead.
There's that speculation you referred to. What about the Russian's interests and their part in this?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 08:45 PM   #4673
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Putin gets one of the globe's past most wanted criminals with a rich knowledge and experience in how to get weapons and where and from whom, expertise Putin desperately can need right now.

America gets a stupid and naive woman that voluntarily travelled into a police state with known arbitrary and corrupt justice, and plays ball.

Well.
well what can i say biden and democrats are a bunch of morons but way the voting been going a good chunk of the country are morons should have let the flag hating national anthem hating unt face rot there
Old 12-08-22, 08:57 PM   #4674
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
well what can i say biden and democrats are a bunch of morons but way the voting been going a good chunk of the country are morons should have let the flag hating national anthem hating unt face rot there
Really? I'm a flag waving democrat and I don't hate the flag or the national anthem, in fact, what I dislike is the extreme right wing that tries to take that away from me because I don't agree with them. I also dislike the extreme left that embrasses communism.

David Bowie
Old 12-08-22, 09:37 PM   #4675
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-22, 09:45 PM   #4676
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
That's brutal.

David Bowie
Old 12-08-22, 10:02 PM   #4677
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Even Finland’s Prime drunken two timing hoochie mama has figured it out.

Finnish PM Sanna Marin has said Europe is "not strong enough" to stand up to Russia's invasion of Ukraine on its own, and has had to rely on US support. During a visit to Australia, the leader of the pending Nato member said Europe's defences must be strengthened.

"I must be brutally honest with you, Europe isn't strong enough right now," she said. "We would be in trouble without the United States."

Here’s a little freedom for you

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-09-22 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-09-22, 09:44 AM   #4678
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
There's that speculation you referred to. What about the Russian's interests and their part in this?
What about Russia’s part? That’s easy, they wanted something for nothing and it’s exactly what the Kremlin demanded and got. Instead of Whelan, they kidnap an innocent person and then suggest releasing her in exchange for this monster Bout.

There are thousands of people locked up abroad for making stupid choices, even knowing that in other countries it's different rules & laws to abide by they still do it. On top of that there are countries that love to catch Americans so they can make a deal just like this one. Any bets there will now be an increase in b.s. arrests and kidnapping of Americans traveling abroad? We can thank Democrats and Bidenettes willingness to deal with Putin terrorists just for the sake of a photo op patting themselves on the back in a woke moment. By doing so, they just placed a target on many more Americans traveling or stationed abroad.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-09-22 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-09-22, 10:06 AM   #4679
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Message to Russia, China et. al : political hostage taking pays off.

People should stop travelling to and making business in certain countries.
Old 12-09-22, 10:23 AM   #4680
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What about Russia’s part? That’s easy, they wanted something for nothing and it’s exactly what the Kremlin demanded and got. Instead of Whelan, they kidnap an innocent person and then suggest releasing her in exchange for this monster Bout.

There are thousands of people locked up abroad for making stupid choices, even knowing that in other countries it's different rules & laws to abide by they still do it. On top of that there are countries that love to catch Americans so they can make a deal just like this one. Any bets there will now be an increase in b.s. arrests and kidnapping of Americans traveling abroad? We can thank Democrats and Bidenettes willingness to deal with Putin terrorists just for the sake of a photo op patting themselves on the back in a woke moment. By doing so, they just placed a target on many more Americans traveling or stationed abroad.
well said