Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-22, 09:41 AM   #4336
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
The storming of the Capitol on January 6, 2021, was unique in its scale and symbolic power. But politically motivated violence has become frighteningly commonplace in the United States.
LOL... Love hearing about what's wrong with my country from other countries, always good for a chuckle.
My Response:
1. the United States was Born using political violence. IE; Sons of Liberty founded 1765 (Sam Adams, John Hancock, Benedict Arnold, Thomas Payne, and Patrick Henry were some of the better known members)

2. Freedom is never free.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 10:57 AM   #4337
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
LOL... Love hearing about what's wrong with my country from other countries, always good for a chuckle.
My Response:
1. the United States was Born using political violence. IE; Sons of Liberty founded 1765 (Sam Adams, John Hancock, Benedict Arnold, Thomas Payne, and Patrick Henry were some of the better known members)

2. Freedom is never free.
got that right also notice most of them if they might get in a war holler they need the good old red,white and blue basic us bailing them out
Old 11-07-22, 11:10 AM   #4338
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...%20Profits.pdf

How odd that corporate greed fueling inflation is never mentioned in the political ads I've been seeing, only "out of control, reckless spending." I'm guessing if that spending went to whoever was paying for such ads, it would mysteriously not be out of control or reckless?
Old 11-07-22, 11:43 AM   #4339
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Nowadays, conditioned reflexes almost automatically dominate reactions to criticism of the American model, and with only one or two sentences, any more differentiated or unfamiliar train of thought is immediately rammed back down to a familiar profile, which one tries to counter with the same reflexes over and over again, which of course does not succeed, since one does not concern oneself with the argument and its justification. But again and again only with one's own finger shadow play on the wall, which one puts in its place and then passes off as the enemy image - which one has created oneself.

The reaction to the NZZ article was expected. And shows very convincingly one more time how true his descriptions and assessments are: because exactly these reactions iullustrate it overwhelmingly.

When a media landscape is so plarized and thematically so neurotically concentrated on a narrow focus and fixed point, as is the case today mostly in the West, but especially in the U.S., then a perspective offered from outside this system may be able to offer and reveal new views that the participants in this system have become unable to take and behold from within it, just as an eye cannot look at itself: it needs the external perspective that a mirror makes possible in the first place.

Your reaction shows that the author of the NZZ article has unfortunately hit the nail on the head. And you don't even notice it anymore!

And this is the reason why I am convinced that the selfdestruction within the middle of American society will continue and the polarization will lead to extremes previously unknown. The centre erodes, the common ground where compromise is possible, meeting the other. The left and right rims gain overweight. Extremism catches and brutally bullies the ever shrinking centre from both sides, until it is gone, and both extremes collide head on with nothing between them anymore.

And then Good Night, kids. You can try to run from history. But you cant hide.
Old 11-07-22, 11:45 AM   #4340
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 12:08 PM   #4341
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

According to a report by CNN, Russian oligarch and confidant of Vladimir Putin has admitted Russia's interference in the U.S. election. "I will answer you very subtly and carefully, and I apologize if my answer allows for some ambiguity: Gentlemen, we interfered, we are interfering and we will interfere," Yevgeny Prigozhin said in a Q&A session held on the social platform VKontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook.

Prigozhin is a financier of an Internet influence agency known as "Putin bots" and founder of the mercenary group Wagner. While he holds no office in Vladimir Putin's government, he is considered a very close confidant of the Russian president. According to CNN, Prigozhin is the first high-ranking protagonist from the Kremlin's entourage to admit the influence of Russian forces on U.S. elections such as the midterms.
----------------------

How could this be, when Trump has ruled that it is not so, and no Russian influence by his admired best tough guy Putin has ever taken place?
Old 11-07-22, 12:18 PM   #4342
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
How could this be, when Trump has ruled that it is not so, and no Russian influence by his admired best tough guy Putin has ever taken place?

Funny how you can go from "can't believe anything that putin says" right to taking his comments as the Holy Gospel all depending on how much you want it to be true.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 01:11 PM   #4343
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

“All of which were quickly discredited by surveillance videos, and the attackers own admission.”

Police body cams and security videos have not been made public by order of the San Francisco DA who will not release them.

The nut case David DePape has made no public confession or appearance. No official complaints or confessions. He has for lack of better words ‘disappeared’.

As I wrote earlier. Media immediately associated him with Trump/MAGA. I would have thought by now a Congressional Committee formed to gather evidence and subpoena witnesses. You know, “Never Again!”

IMO the matter has been swept under the rug.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-07-22 at 01:40 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 01:36 PM   #4344
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
https://oversight.house.gov/sites/de...%20Profits.pdf

How odd that corporate greed fueling inflation is never mentioned in the political ads I've been seeing, only "out of control, reckless spending." I'm guessing if that spending went to whoever was paying for such ads, it would mysteriously not be out of control or reckless?

I agree, some are marking up the prices probably to make up for slow growth from forced shut downs and unemployment during the pandemic, greedy bastiages. But they can and they will because its’s made possible by knee jerk reactions of our public officials who are not watching out for the one’s who elect them. We are reaping what we sow: over fifty years of deregulation, financialization, and corporate concentration.

Not too mention decades of massive increases to the money supply, which also cause inflation.

I’ll bet big money no matter what party holds the majority nothing will change. They’re serving up a big poop sandwich. You’re just gonna sit down take a big bite and like it.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-07-22 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-07-22, 02:21 PM   #4345
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

IMO the matter has been swept under the rug.
We know things that adversely reflect on Republicans NEVER get swept under a rug so....

Old 11-07-22, 02:57 PM   #4346
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
We know things that adversely reflect on Republicans NEVER get swept under a rug so....

Good point!

Old 11-07-22, 08:11 PM   #4347
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post

So that's why Trump sounds like a broken record that keeps repeating the same lines over and over again.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 09:47 PM   #4348
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
So that's why Trump sounds like a broken record that keeps repeating the same lines over and over again.
least trump can use a teleprompter and not screw it up unlike a certain someone but then dems knows how to put fences all around Washington but leave the southern border wide open for whoever wants to come in but then certain someone can't sit on a stationary bike with one foot on the ground without dumping it or say overthrow the feds you going need more than riffles but planes and nukes but at the same time a party wants us to believe a couple thousand took the capital unarm
Old 11-07-22, 10:27 PM   #4349
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Your reaction shows that the author of the NZZ article has unfortunately hit the nail on the head. And you don't even notice it anymore!
Not hardly, That article was condescending, and trying to say political violence was uniquely American. I just pointed out that the United States was born out of political violence. Besides, for you Europeans to call us out on political violence, is tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. We here in the U.S. are relative newcomers to political violence @245 yrs old compared to Europe's history of political violence @ 1500+ years.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 11:19 PM   #4350
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

[QUOTE=MaDef;2836810]Not hardly, That article was condescending, and trying to say political violence was uniquely American. I just pointed out that the United States was born out of political violence. Besides, for you Europeans to call us out on political violence, is tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. We here in the U.S. are relative newcomers to political violence @245 yrs old compared to Europe's history of political violence @ 1500+ years.[/QUOTe

Yes,The United States was born out of political violence, Against England and when all the dying was done. The Liberal was born. Until Dec.7th 1941 after 1945 they came back out of their holes. The Liberal always hides behind their chameleon skins ,talk,faces,skin, above all they seek power. Know them by their lies. Know them by their actions. Know them by the Palaces they live in and own, the very earth that you can't set foot on.Unless your illegal from Canada and find your way to San Francisco with a flower in your hair and a hammer in your hand naked inside Paul Pelosi house.It's all about Mushrooms the life of every Westcoaster, The desert is the getaway ask Johnny Depp.

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-07-22 at 11:53 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote