McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3lo0DyRuLZ View Post
Guys please Help me out
Am newbie..jst Got the game and tried to play

when intro video got over i got Error.. Can not Initialize 3D engine..
Changed Resolution, Refresh Rate, removed intro videos, made hardware acceleration to max..and few more tricks..

Still the same problem..

KINDLY provide me a solution by which i can play the game easily..

I hope somebody replies to it As soon as possible..

Thanks & Peace!
Do you have the most current drivers for your video card?
Don't Microsoft.. go to the Manufacturer's website of your video card. My drivers were 2 years old because I trusted the driver update feature of Microsoft.. which never worked.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 05:30 AM   #767
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3lo0DyRuLZ View Post
Guys please Help me out
Am newbie..jst Got the game and tried to play

when intro video got over i got Error.. Can not Initialize 3D engine..
Changed Resolution, Refresh Rate, removed intro videos, made hardware acceleration to max..and few more tricks..

Still the same problem..

KINDLY provide me a solution by which i can play the game easily..

I hope somebody replies to it As soon as possible..

Thanks & Peace!
Post your spec as this seems to be a hardware issue.
Also do a search on the official SH technical help forum, maybe you can find some answers there...
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 02:20 AM   #768
sacid333
Nub

Downloads: 46

found more bugs after loading a savegame...underwater, attacking a convoy.
1)damaged merchant ships have no smoke, no fire, no damage model. don't know if its' HP refilled too. occurs occasionally, not everytime.
2)crew skill(Total Revealing) effective time reset to full, and it counts down again.
3)some destoryed-ship-icon on map disappear, not all disapper, some still stay there.

start a historical mission "The Cornered Giant"(Bismarck), save, load, save, load, repeat some times, and finally crash to desk after a successful load.
sacid333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 02:29 AM   #769
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacid333 View Post
found more bugs after loading a savegame...underwater, attacking a convoy.
1)damaged merchant ships have no smoke, no fire, no damage model. don't know if its' HP refilled too. occurs occasionally, not everytime.
2)crew skill(Total Revealing) effective time reset to full, and it counts down again.
3)some destoryed-ship-icon on map disappear, not all disapper, some still stay there.
Yup, those are perhaps not "bugs", but how it's worked since at least SH3. Damaged but not destroyed ships are healed upon a load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacid333 View Post

start a historical mission "The Cornered Giant"(Bismarck), save, load, save, load, repeat some times, and finally crash to desk after a successful load.
Wut? If you're saving and loading and saving and loading a single player mission that many times in a row, you deserve a CTD! That's simply not "normal" gameplay.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 03:50 PM   #770
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I think the foam at each side of ther sub need to be more active because at low speed such side foam almost disappear

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-29-10, 01:36 PM   #771
KillerTube
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Is it just me "bad shadows" and bobbing

I can run sh5 all maxxed out nps, runs good. Is it just me or do shadows look like crud. Game looks better when I leave them off. Shadows make the sub look pixelated on the conning tower and the main shadow cast from the sub on the water doesnt look to great either lol.
Its still pretty when I turn them off and I don't seem to lose much. sub bobs like a cork still to me also. but ill fix that after the patch. Think its still wave armonics that controls that, anyone know?
Old 04-29-10, 06:26 PM   #772
KillerTube
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default map editor?

Is it just me or is the sh5 map editor totally useless? I don't even see any ships in the right window where they were in the sh4 editor. I run the game maxxed out graphics smooth but the map editor crashes on me lol wth. We really need a mission editor to make this game last at all. hope im the only one having this issue. or hope its going to be patched soon. I can't test my mods without the proper conditions.
Old 04-30-10, 01:39 AM   #773
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132

Bugs:

1- After mission selection and start, the conning tower. the periscope is up without me ordering it up
2- Watch officer fingering the air ahead every now and then, when enemies are there or not.
3- Torpedo room, exhausted torpedoes and reserves and still two eels found in room with two schmucks working on them and Kurt (gigolo) giving them his blessing..
4- Conning tower torpedo dials not functional, a mere display.
5- Recognition manual is a practical joke. What are we?? Diagnosing ships on basis of exclusion?? No length or mast values. Merely Funnels and Islands WTF??

6- Bosun giving me his back while I talk to him. (So much for orderly conduct). He's in for some SS bitchslapping.

7- Gunner at aft not seen manning the Deck gun.(what a bum)
8- The annoying buggy Flamenco routine by the kaleun as he races across the sub.

9- Why dont they incorporate fast slide down ladder like true seamen do? Instead of the lame old man style rusty going down ladder.

10- Why not have the mouse wheel adjust Kaleuns running/walking speed..
11- Mouse movement is not smooth, chippy. Add mouse smoothening..
12- Rudder control. Why not have the rudder wheels in the list of items highlighted for control??
13- Hydrophone not having a light on when sound in a direction including 180 (own screws) is detected.
14- Sound volume knob for Hydrophone not working
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 04:38 AM   #774
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandosolo2009 View Post
Bugs:

1- After mission selection and start, the conning tower. the periscope is up without me ordering it up
As someone said once: the sub is happy to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandosolo2009 View Post
2- Watch officer fingering the air ahead every now and then, when enemies are there or not.
3- Torpedo room, exhausted torpedoes and reserves and still two eels found in room with two schmucks working on them and Kurt (gigolo) giving them his blessing..
4- Conning tower torpedo dials not functional, a mere display.
5- Recognition manual is a practical joke. What are we?? Diagnosing ships on basis of exclusion?? No length or mast values. Merely Funnels and Islands WTF??

6- Bosun giving me his back while I talk to him. (So much for orderly conduct). He's in for some SS bitchslapping.

7- Gunner at aft not seen manning the Deck gun.(what a bum)
8- The annoying buggy Flamenco routine by the kaleun as he races across the sub.

9- Why dont they incorporate fast slide down ladder like true seamen do? Instead of the lame old man style rusty going down ladder.

10- Why not have the mouse wheel adjust Kaleuns running/walking speed..
11- Mouse movement is not smooth, chippy. Add mouse smoothening..
12- Rudder control. Why not have the rudder wheels in the list of items highlighted for control??
13- Hydrophone not having a light on when sound in a direction including 180 (own screws) is detected.
14- Sound volume knob for Hydrophone not working
Most of these bugs are already covered by mods, head to the moding forum and get them fixed.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 06:07 AM   #775
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Found a-non working Group while trying to Mod the Obs Periscope.
The Marking group do not show up in game, therefore there is no zoom level or 10 marks showing up onscreen (There the glow in the dark marks on the Graticule). They work for the Attack scope but not the Obs periscope.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 08:09 AM   #776
gord96
Commodore

Downloads: 57

looked through the thread but couldnt find anything. is there a bug that leaves the deck gun crews hanging out on the sub for a long time? I came across a small freighter and pressed F5 to man the deck gun, but they didnt man it. But when I pressed space bar in my binoculars they began to fire it. Now I cant get them to un-man it.

Thanks very much!

gord96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 11:15 AM   #777
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
looked through the thread but couldnt find anything. is there a bug that leaves the deck gun crews hanging out on the sub for a long time? I came across a small freighter and pressed F5 to man the deck gun, but they didnt man it. But when I pressed space bar in my binoculars they began to fire it. Now I cant get them to un-man it.

Thanks very much!

Just surface the boat (even if you are on the surface) as soon as you do that - they unman the gun
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 12:25 PM   #778
gord96
Commodore

thank you kind sir!
Old 05-04-10, 02:41 PM   #779
gord96
Commodore

anyone found that when they surface the watch crew doesnt return to the bridge? i have dived and surfaced several times and every time the crew doesnt return. when I question the watch officer about this dereliction of duty, he rambles about his kids.
Old 05-04-10, 02:49 PM   #780
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
anyone found that when they surface the watch crew doesnt return to the bridge? i have dived and surfaced several times and every time the crew doesnt return. when I question the watch officer about this dereliction of duty, he rambles about his kids.
Yeah it's a bug lol. Save and a reload normally sorts it out
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote